Chicago (Soldier Field)

San Francisco ( Levi's Stadium) 

Houston (NRG Stadium)

Philadelphia (Lincoln financial Field)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Not too sure that would happen considering they draw the groups after they pick the venues for each fixture. I would however be concerned with the amount of games we get

We don't need to build a 60k stadium. BMO can expand to 40k and no chance a game is played in the big O unless heavy renovations are done. Place is a dump

The field at BMO is way too small for a World Cup game better off playing at The SkyDome 

1 minute ago, matty said:

I think the max is 12 now

If it's 12 venues 4 each and these should be the venues  

Canada 

Toronto ( New Stadium or SkyDome ) 

Vancouver( Empire Stadium) 

Montreal ( Big O)

Regina ( New Mosaic)

Mexico 

Mexico City ( Estadio Azteca ) 

Monterrey ( Estadio BBVA Bancomer)

Puebla  (Estadio Cuauhtémoc) 

Zapopan  ( Estadio Chivas) 

U.S.A 

Pasadena (Rose Bowl)

East Rutherford (MetLife Stadium ) 

Houston (NRG Stadium)

5 minutes ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

The field at BMO is way too small for a World Cup game better off playing at The SkyDome 

With expanded seating BMO is large enough. The question is would FIFA want to use special seating? Also a new stadium would need a tenant

5 minutes ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

If it's 12 venues 4 each and these should be the venues  

Canada 

Toronto ( New Stadium or SkyDome ) 

Vancouver( Empire Stadium) 

Montreal ( Big O)

Regina ( New Mosaic)

Mexico 

Mexico City ( Estadio Azteca ) 

Monterrey ( Estadio BBVA Bancomer)

Puebla  (Estadio Cuauhtémoc) 

Zapopan  ( Estadio Chivas) 

U.S.A 

Pasadena (Rose Bowl)

East Rutherford (MetLife Stadium ) 

Houston (NRG Stadium)

In Vancouver, it'll be BC Place (Empire Field was temp also too small).

The US is the question mark about host cities. I don't think FIFA will want two stadiums in California used. I'd also debate if San Fran would get it over LA.

For the US I would say
MetLife Stadium in NYC
AT&T Stadium in Dallas (this is where the final will be so it counts as extra. Before anyone says "but Estadio Azteca" FIFA will be salivating at the posibility of 100,000 plus people attending the final)
Camping World Stadium in Orlando
Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park (might rival AT&T for the final because 100000 people at the final)
CenturyLink Field in Seattle (as a thank you Seattle)

7 minutes ago, matty said:

In Vancouver, it'll be BC Place (Empire Field was temp also too small).

The US is the question mark about host cities. I don't think FIFA will want two stadiums in California used. I'd also debate if San Fran would get it over LA.

For the US I would say
MetLife Stadium in NYC
AT&T Stadium in Dallas (this is where the final will be so it counts as extra. Before anyone says "but Estadio Azteca" FIFA will be salivating at the posibility of 100,000 plus people attending the final)
Camping World Stadium in Orlando
Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park (might rival AT&T for the final because 100000 people at the final)
CenturyLink Field in Seattle (as a thank you Seattle)

The rose bowl is in Pasadena and pasedena is basically  Los Angeles lol 

AND century link field & camping world Stadium are both  garbage houstons NRG Stadium was a great venue in the copa Américas AND chicagos soldier field would be better then Century link and camping world 

7 minutes ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

AND century link field & camping world Stadium are both  garbage houstons NRG Stadium was a great venue in the copa Américas AND chicagos soldier field would be better then Century link and camping world 

But I agree about Los Angeles Stadium 

10 minutes ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

I was tempted to include Soldier Field but I think there's going to be a push for Seattle because the Sounders are such a big draw in MLS. Same goes for Orlando but I say them more because Florida is the 3rd largest state.

Also I think LA will want to use the new stadium

The question is will they let us play on turf or grass.  If they let us play on turf then it will almost certainly be Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Edmonton as the venues.  They are all large stadiums in large metro centers with international  airports and public transport.

If we have to play on grass then all bets are off.

13 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

The question is will they let us play on turf or grass.  If they let us play on turf then it will almost certainly be Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Edmonton as the venues.  They are all large stadiums in large metro centers with international  airports and public transport.

If we have to play on grass then all bets are off.

That is the number one issue for sure. Every stadium needs to be the same. Mexico's all use grass while a lot of NFL stadiums (the most likely to be used) are all over the place. I think it'll need to be grass for the event to be held here (despite the controversy we'll see due to 2015's WWC being on turf). No matter the surface Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are locks to host for Canada, Edmonton likely will still too unless CalgaryNext comes back and has grass.

I would expect that if games were played in Vancouver, there would be a temporary grass pitch installed at B.C. Place. I think they did that for Detroit in WC '94 and I remember the caps doing that for their match against Man City at Empire a few years back.

8 hours ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

No it isn't. 40k is the minimum for a stadium. I can tell you now Toronto isn't building a new stadium unless they are getting an NFL team.

I don't think we will be getting 4 stadiums. I think we would get the short end of the stick with 3 if the max amount of venues is 12

8 hours ago, matty said:

I was tempted to include Soldier Field but I think there's going to be a push for Seattle because the Sounders are such a big draw in MLS. Same goes for Orlando but I say them more because Florida is the 3rd largest state.

Also I think LA will want to use the new stadium

Orlandos camping world Stadium and Seattle all use turf 

I thought you were talking about the stands as the actual field is the same size as all the pitches at the LAST World Cup. Please get your facts straight before making idiotic comments

3 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I thought you were talking about the stands as the actual field is the same size as all the pitches at the LAST World Cup. Please get your facts straight before making idiotic comments

The pitch  at BMO is no where near the size of the pitch at the Azteca wtf how is that an idiotic comment 

7 minutes ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

The pitch  at BMO is no where near the size of the pitch at the Azteca wtf how is that an idiotic comment 

Both are 105 by 68m. Get your facts straight

I assume as part of the bid there would be some government and private money spent on upgrading soccer infrastructure. I wouldn't be surprised if money was spent on permanent or temporary grass at BC place and even a larger permanent south stand at BMO field increasing the size of the stadium to accommodate over 40,000 people. 

Archived