Atmospheric video of Voyageurs at Maro and BMO courtesy of John Vanderkolk

dbailey62

There are lots of familiar faces here and there are some absolutely stunning moments of the Voyageurs in full voice inside our National Soccer Stadium aka BMO Field. Great fun.

http://www.flipshare.com/view.aspx?nRecipient=&nFrame=OURDRjU0MEItQjQxMC00OTM0LUJENDgtOTdCNDcxOTlFNDUx&nMedia=NjY4RkI3MEEtNDlGOS00NDhFLUE5NEQtMkNBNTU2MDYxMjIz&emailThumbnail=single&nT=

There are lots of familiar faces here and there are some absolutely stunning moments of the Voyageurs in full voice inside our National Soccer Stadium aka BMO Field. Great fun.

http://www.flipshare.com/view.aspx?nRecipient=&nFrame=OURDRjU0MEItQjQxMC00OTM0LUJENDgtOTdCNDcxOTlFNDUx&nMedia=NjY4RkI3MEEtNDlGOS00NDhFLUE5NEQtMkNBNTU2MDYxMjIz&emailThumbnail=single&nT=

The link goes to a FlipShare login screen for me.

I hope there is exclusive video of the 45 minute beer line in there.

I don't know what to say.

I talked to them directly. They have seen the crowd first hand on multiple occasions.

Have to find a new location for the fall.

I talked to them directly. They have seen the crowd first hand on multiple occasions.

I also think Maro dropped the ball but I think the problem is that they only have one spout for draught beer and we are just too many people for that. They have enough staff, just not the "beer infrastructure". I'm afraid I don't know the area around BMO Field too well other than Shoeless Joe's (too small) and Maro (right size but...). Can we negotiate with Maro a cheaper deal on bottled beer? It doesn't have to be fancy beer but if we say we won't be using them without concessions, they may cave.

The line was fine until about 5:45-6. If they could somehow ensure that the last hour was smoother we'd be fine. I don't suggest moving for a few reasons, 1. people know to go to maro 2. the pitchers are dirt cheap 3. its close 4. the numbers it holds 5. nicest bathrooms right?

They need to get a second draught tower. It's as simple as asking the Premium Beer (distributors of Moosehead) rep for another one. The big boys have dozens of these so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. If it is they could just get multiple towers from another brewery, or rent one from a draught solution company. It's infuriating as a bar owner because it's money left on the table.

They need to get a second draught tower. It's as simple as asking the Premium Beer (distributors of Moosehead) rep for another one. The big boys have dozens of these so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. If it is they could just get multiple towers from another brewery, or rent one from a draught solution company. It's infuriating as a bar owner because it's money left on the table.

The did that on Tuesday.

The problem is that Maro possibly won't be Maro come September.

Not sure what is happening, but I think it is renovating/rebranding or something er other shortly.

Not sure what it will mean.

I also think Maro dropped the ball but I think the problem is that they only have one spout for draught beer and we are just too many people for that. They have enough staff, just not the "beer infrastructure".

What? WHAT????

LITTLE BABY JESUS ON THE CROSS! MADNESS!!

MADNESS I SAY!!

The line was fine until about 5:45-6. If they could somehow ensure that the last hour was smoother we'd be fine. I don't suggest moving for a few reasons, 1. people know to go to maro 2. the pitchers are dirt cheap 3. its close 4. the numbers it holds 5. nicest bathrooms right?

We may not have a choice.

It may not exist as it is now in a few months.

What? WHAT????

LITTLE BABY JESUS ON THE CROSS! MADNESS!!

MADNESS I SAY!!

It's not a 'bar' in the traditional sense. It's actually a high-end night club (owned by a group that runs a chain of high-end night clubs) that only serves bottles / mixed drinks.

The draught is brought in specifically for Canada / TFC pre-games, and is not served to its regular customers. There actually aren't any permanent taps in the place at all.

It's not a 'bar' in the traditional sense. It's actually a high-end night club (owned by a group that runs a chain of high-end night clubs) that only serves bottles / mixed drinks.

The draught is brought in specifically for Canada / TFC pre-games, and is not served to its regular customers. There actually aren't any permanent taps in the place at all.

Oh, I didn't know they didn't normally serve beer on tap. I actually really like the "space" and location it's in. Shame really.

It would be a shame to lose the place as I don't believe there are many suitable options in that vicinity, we went through this with U-SECTOR at the start of this season! Clearly it's just the draught beer lines we have to deal with because I think most will agree the place itself is perfect in size and location! Hopefully it is still an option for us come September! I personally avoid the draught lines by drinking $7 Heineken, worth every penny!

New place is needed. The space in Maro is nice, but other than that it has no other redeeming features really. The back patio area is too small and long for people to really mingle.

The number of places that exist that can take that number of people for a short event, willing to bring in beer for us and generally really keep things simple is... is a list of one.

New place is needed. The space in Maro is nice, but other than that it has no other redeeming features really. The back patio area is too small and long for people to really mingle.

As mentioned, we've been through all of this with U-SECTOR and their crowds are generally smaller! The place we had (Rhino) before the Jamaica game got really mad with us singing, Jamie's right about this, Maro is the only option, hopefully it remains an option!

I might be wrong on this one but...Was it the Peru pre-match game last Sept that the Maro was serving $12 pitchers on the side bar (closest to the steps going towards the bathrooms). Any chance of getting both bars going (with temporary taps)

I might be wrong on this one but...Was it the Peru pre-match game last Sept that the Maro was serving $12 pitchers on the side bar (closest to the steps going towards the bathrooms). Any chance of getting both bars going (with temporary taps)

You are correct, they did.

The problem I see with the owners is that they don't want to supply any more staff for us. They have one guy

taking money, and another pouring the beer, which just isn't enough. 2 people on staff for a crowd of 500+?!

That is what's unexceptable!

You are correct, they did.

The problem I see with the owners is that they don't want to supply any more staff for us. They have one guy

taking money, and another pouring the beer, which just isn't enough. 2 people on staff for a crowd of 500+?!

That is what's unexceptable!

I am certainly frustrated by it.

But they are very good to us and the game in general. They open for USector on days there are 35 people in there.

It's really just about mitigating some risk I think.

We have really tried to communicate the Canada games are different.

Archived