Cuba & Panama tickets are back on sale

Admin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Jamie, I only received 5 of the 15 tickets I ordered. (I ordered 10 in a separate order on August 1st)...did you send separate orders made by the same individual in separate envelopes?

That's odd.

Clearly your sexual favors are diminishing in quality.

Send me an email to voyageurstickets@gmail.com with something big and bold in the title.

Was this 15 to one game? Only the Panama tickets went out.

Does anyone know how overall ticket sales are going? I'm wondering if there will be any bump in sales related to the recent CWNT publicity.

Actually the opposite sort of.

CSN and Voyageurs site traffic dropped to nothing, as we were no longer even in the top ten pages of Google searches on Canadian soccer around that time.

Major media sites that wouldn't give a pinch of rat sh!t about soccer otherwise filled the top.

Anyone know what kind of crowd is expected?? I'd imagine with this being a bigger game and with the weather being nice more than likely AND on a Friday night is 20k a reasonable expectation?

20k is definitely possible but I'd take a guess at ~18 k

20k may be ambitious as I imagine people still aren't fully on board yet...maybe if Canada can make the hex the crowds will swell especially against more name opponents

Tough to say, it'll definitely help that it's on a Friday. Last cycle we had a record crowd at BMO (at the time 22k+) for Canada vs. Jamaica and the crowd was pro-Canada.

20k may be ambitious as I imagine people still aren't fully on board yet...maybe if Canada can make the hex the crowds will swell especially against more name opponents

Yes, Unfortunately people need to see a ray of hope that we are headed in the right direction. And making it to the hex is one way to do that. Realistically, for the semi final round i can only think of two other occasions when we have ever hit the 20K mark. In 2008against Jamaica (when BMO field was still a novelty) and in 2000 against T&T just after winning the Gold cup.

We know that the fans are there. You just have to look at the TV rating for soccer in the Olympics and look at the attendances that MLS teams have drawn the past 5 years. To those who follow the National teams regularly, these games in the semi final round are big games. But to the public at large, it only counts when there is something big at stake such as a bronze medal or WC qualifying berth. That's why the hex is key for big turnout. after all what did the women's Olympic team draw for the qualifying tournament?

Do we have a regular flow of articles in the Toronto press about the match or is it filled with American Blue Tits baseball with not a single column inch for FIFA World Cup Qualifying? If it is the latter then it will not be hard to explain why the match isn't sold out. Same old, same old.

I apologize for this idiotic question...but being newer to the forum, how do the newspapers usually respond when you guys write in to complain about that? Just out of curiousity...I know a few of you must have, so I wonder about the responses?

Archived