Create squad of 18 not using same country twice

madmonte

Using any formation and current players only, create a starting eleven and a bench of 7 subs. You must have 2 defenders, 2 mids, 2 forwards and a keeper on the bench. Here's the catch...you cannot use the same country twice! Create your fun 18 players, it can be whoever you want or like. Here's mine.

Using a 4-2-3-1 formation

-----------------------------------------------Javier Hernandez---------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------(Mexico)------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------Dwayne De Rosario------------Wesley Sneijder-----------Georgios Samaras----------

-----------------(Canada)--------------------(Netherlands)------------------(Greece)---------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Alex Song----------------------------Daniele De Rossi---------------------

-------------------------(Cameroon)-------------------------------(Italy)-----------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Marcelo-----------------Simon Kjear------------------Mats Hummles--------------Sergio Ramos--

--(Brazil)------------------(Denmark)---------------------(Germany)--------------------(Spain)-----

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------Hugo Llores--------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------(France)----------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________________________

SUBS

___________________________________________________________________________________

GK - Volkan Demiril (Turkey)

F - Diego Forlan (Uruguay)

F - Chris Wondolowski (USA)

M - Kevin Prince Boateng (Ghana)

M - Ashley Young (England)

D - Paulo Da Silva (Paraguay)

D - Vincent Kompany (Belgium)

Don't worry about who's starting, who's not. I know that realistically Kompany would be over Kjear, Young over De Ro, etc...it's all about creating YOUR 18 under those rules. Have fun, let's see what you all come up with!

By the way if my post looks wonky it's because of ads on the side.

Guest Brethers

GK - Buffon (Italy)

RB - Micah Richards (England)

CB - Kompany (Belgium)

CB - Agger (Denmark)

LB - Kolarov (Serbia)

RM - Gio Dos Santos (Mexico)

CM - Iniesta (Spain)

CM - Khedira (Germany)

LM - De Rosario (Canada)

ST - Benzema (France)

ST - Lewandowski (Poland)

Subs

GK - Howard (USA)

DF - Maicon (Brazil)

DF - Zabaleta (Argentina)

MF - Van der Vart (Netherlands)

MF - Kagawa (Japan)

ST - Robbie Keane (Republic of Ireland)

ST - Ibrahimovic (Sweden)

4-2-3-1

------------------------------Friedel (USA)

Debuchy (FRA) ----- Chiellini (ITA) ----- Kompany (BEL) ----- Baines (ENG)

-------------------- Johnson (CAN) --- Schweinsteiger (GER)

-------------Robben (NED) ----- Xavi (ESP) ----- Bale (WLS)

------------------------------- Neymar (BRA)

Bench:

K - Stefan Frei (SUI)

D - Thomas Vermaelen (BEL)

D - Lee Young-Pyo (KOR)

M - Yaya Toure (CIV)

M - Gershon Koffie (GHA)

F - Sergio Aguero (ARG)

F - Nikica Jelavic (CRO)

Fun idea.

4-2-3-1

------------------------------Friedel (USA)

Debuchy (FRA) ----- Chiellini (ITA) ----- Kompany (BEL) ----- Baines (ENG)

-------------------- Johnson (CAN) --- Schweinsteiger (GER)

-------------Robben (NED) ----- Xavi (ESP) ----- Bale (WLS)

------------------------------- Neymar (BRA)

Bench:

K - Stefan Frei (SUI)

D - Thomas Vermaelen (BEL)

D - Lee Young-Pyo (KOR)

M - Yaya Toure (CIV)

M - Gershon Koffie (GHA)

F - Sergio Aguero (ARG)

F - Nikica Jelavic (CRO)

Fun idea.

Edit: Wales should be (WAL). Mea culpa.

----------------Van Persie---------------

C. Ronaldo-----------------------Messi

----------Pirlo----Xavi------Modric-----

------------------Vidal--------------------

--------Lahm-----Juan-----Lugano----

-----------------Howard----------------

Drogba

Hernandez

Kallstrom

Kagawa

Subotic

Kompany

Akinfeev

Guest Brethers

Well I completely forgot Aguero and Toure, although that would have made my team even more Man City-ified. I was considering putting Debaucy is my lineup too, but I wanted Benzema and Micah Richards is a beast. An absolute travesty that he isn't one of England's starting defenders

Well I completely forgot Aguero and Toure, although that would have made my team even more Man City-ified. I was considering putting Debaucy is my lineup too, but I wanted Benzema and Micah Richards is a beast. An absolute travesty that he isn't one of England's starting defenders

Fully agree on Richards ... he is a beast ... great defender and a power going forward.

Working on a dysfunctional 18. Can anyone think of hated defenders with horrible attitudes (besides Patrice Evra)?

Sorry ... kind of broke the rules here, but when I started thinking about it I realized that I wouldn't be able to get players from different countries for this idea ... too many English players fit the bill.

Here is the 'Dysfunctional 11' with bench. Dirty players, prima donnas, bad attitudes, mouthpieces, racial abuse ... can you imagine managing this team?

---------- Jens Lehmann

Evra ---- Terry ---- Pepe ---- A. Cole

Bellamy - Barton -- V. Bommel - C. Ronaldo

---- Suarez -----------Balotelli

Bench:

K - Fabian Barthez

D - Materazzi

D - Gary Neville

M - Rohan Ricketts

M - Nigel DeJong

M - Donovan

F - Anelka

Guest Brethers
Sorry ... kind of broke the rules here, but when I started thinking about it I realized that I wouldn't be able to get players from different countries for this idea ... too many English players fit the bill.

Here is the 'Dysfunctional 11' with bench. Dirty players, prima donnas, bad attitudes, mouthpieces, racial abuse ... can you imagine managing this team?

---------- Jens Lehmann

Evra ---- Terry ---- Pepe ---- A. Cole

Bellamy - Barton -- V. Bommel - C. Ronaldo

---- Suarez -----------Balotelli

Bench:

K - Fabian Barthez

D - Materazzi

D - Gary Neville

M - Rohan Ricketts

M - Nigel DeJong

M - Donovan

F - Anelka

Haha, love how this is all pretty much superstars then you see Rohan Ricketts. Good idea, that defence is twat filled. El-Hadji Diouf was cut from the 23 man roster surely

Haha, love how this is all pretty much superstars then you see Rohan Ricketts. Good idea, that defence is twat filled. El-Hadji Diouf was cut from the 23 man roster surely

I did have Diouf in mind ... he was high on many 'most hated footballers of all time' lists. I thought Ricketts fit from a TFC perspective. I wonder when he's going to tweet about playing in TO again?

Barthez I don't think is a bad guy just a space cadet. Although it's blasphemy to say on this board, I dislike Donovan far less than I did years ago. By including him I'm thinking more about the 2006 Donovan than the 2012 Donovan. He seems to have exercised some of his demons.

I tried really hard not to Man-City up my team as well lol...was tough! I see awesome squads here so far! I tried REALLY hard to represent a few different leagues but I wish I would have thought of Benzema! Also was very close to taking Ibrahimovic!

Well, Ronny is a c@ntbag, but i had to include him cuz he's awesome for Madrid...honestly, the first thing that popped in my head was "who's the best player in the world?" Messi. And wrote him in at RW. The rest of the lineup was a lot harder, trying to think of the top players for the Top 10-20 teams in the world and balancing offence with defence...then trying to think of any good players on lesser known nations, mostly in Africa...

Hint: If you start by choosing players from the top nations right away, it WILL get difficult at the end, because by then you are looking for certain positions. If you start by choosing certain top players from lesser known countries, there are plenty of left/right backs and center defensive mids left over from countries where you may actually have heard of the player.

But yeah the fact remains that because people want some of the top strikers from the top nations, guys like Kompany become almost a must. After seeing Figuero play against Canada (Honduras) I almost changed my list, but then again, **** Honduras.

Actually, if you look at my list i have a Brasilian, Uruguayan and a German on my 3 man back line. I started getting into trouble with the bench...i actually thought about Da Silva from Paraguay, Hector Moreno from Mexico etc. Even thought of scratching out Xavi and using Puyol or Pique on the backline.

Actually, if you look at my list i have a Brasilian, Uruguayan and a German on my 3 man back line. I started getting into trouble with the bench...i actually thought about Da Silva from Paraguay, Hector Moreno from Mexico etc. Even thought of scratching out Xavi and using Puyol or Pique on the backline.

Haha I actually USED Da Silva! Go to page 1, I actually like his style! So I have German, Danish, Brazil, and Paraguay. But Brazil and German are actually pretty good, no problem there still...and Marcello was an easy choice

Archived