Yellowknife Voyageur

Ofuzz

Watched the game yesterday (in uniform) by myself at the Monkey Tree. Realized that perhaps there were a few others "North of 60" that may be followers, but we don't know each other. They show the games on the big screens and we can make it loud (all 3 of us?). Time to get behind the journey to Brazil. My 1986 Canada-World Cup Scarf needs some company. Cheers......hiccup!

Welcome sir. Check out the Viewing parties thread and if your establishment is confirmed, post a message and everyone reading will have the opportunity to get over there if they are local. Let us know if you ever come down for a game. Many voyageurs are very accommodating towards people from out of town.

Welcome sir. Check out the Viewing parties thread and if your establishment is confirmed, post a message and everyone reading will have the opportunity to get over there if they are local. Let us know if you ever come down for a game. Many voyageurs are very accommodating towards people from out of town.

Thanks. Actually had a dozen or so at the pub that were getting right into the Canada-Honduras game. Were pretty disappointed when I told them it would be a couple of months before the next one. And slowly momentum builds......:D

If you're north of the 60 then we're obligated to ask you if there's a decent venue for game up there, preferably outdoors? ;)

A couple of outdoor fields but the indoor fields at the "Fieldhouse" are very good. Typical indoor soccer-size fields but at least you can play when it's -40C outside. Come to think of it, if we hosted a qualifier here in Yellowknife, the Hondurans probably wouldn't even get off the plane......

Archived