Canada vs Honduras Tues June 12th

Canada1

I mean it's possible that we are overconfident, but I just don't see it. From everything I've read and interviews I've watched, the lads are taking it one game at a time, and there's a quiet confidence in their abilities. In no way does it seem as though they feel a win is guaranteed. In fact, I'd suggest it near impossible to feel that way given the history between Canada and Honduras. This quiet confidence they have right now is what will make them successful, and is integral for any team that wants to make the WC.

In fact, I'm more scared that a quick goal from Honduras will erode the self-confidence they currently have. Something seems different right now; there's an aura of optimism from the players. I get the impression from Dero that he believes it's his last kick at the can and this is the one thing he's desperately wanted that has eluded him in his career. He seems ready to do whatever it takes to get to the WC. I get the same impressions from McKenna, De Guz and Jazic, and hopefully that can inspire the rest of the boys to pick up their socks and give it their all. Hell, De Guz has knocked back the clock 5 years in these past 2 games.

Tomorrow will be a LONGGGG day at work waiting for the game.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been searching all afternoon for spoilers for the canMNT/Hondurass match tomorrow. C'mon! this is the INTERNET, the script must've been leaked! SOMEone must know what's going to happen!

Tomorrow IS going to be a long day...

Haha you are right about that... tomorrow leading up to the game will go by very slowly.

Huge respect for Jason De Vos who took a chunk of time today on the Euro 2012 panel to promote tomorrows game. For anyone who missed it, he announced the importance of the game, the effect of home support, and how anyone near BMO should purchase a ticket and support this team. A great little speech on his part.

Would be nice to have a little "Support Local Soccer" flag for the car.

Hope everyone is ready to lose their voice tomorrow.

I also hope Hart doesn't bring out the same XI. We won last game but it wasn't anything special, this will be 3 games in a row with the same XI (minus Hirsch). I'm afraid we'll see a predictable XI with a predictable performance to match and Honduras will respond accordingly.

Am greatly looking forward for tomorrows match, me and my family are goign, and we are always in the supporters section, so we would like to be there for tomorrows match aswell. I was wondering if anyone had 3 tickets for tomorrow match anywhere along the supporters end?! Thanks a ton if you can reply to me, my emails at quentin.jf@gmail.com

Allez lezz rouge!

Hope everyone is ready to lose their voice tomorrow.

I also hope Hart doesn't bring out the same XI. We won last game but it wasn't anything special, this will be 3 games in a row with the same XI (minus Hirsch). I'm afraid we'll see a predictable XI with a predictable performance to match and Honduras will respond accordingly.

Hutch will start in place of Ledgerwood. I'm pretty confident in that.

I've been searching all afternoon for spoilers for the canMNT/Hondurass match tomorrow. C'mon! this is the INTERNET, the script must've been leaked! SOMEone must know what's going to happen!

Tomorrow IS going to be a long day...

Check the first few seconds of this video for one preview:

The one silver lining in the away support.

PS LOSE THE VOICE

http://vvcap.net/db/uPfYakmWM819wL0bTk8l.htp

That is New Zealand's results at WC 2010. So before we start slagging them realize we could'nt make the hex for 2010, whereas NZ qualifie and did'nt lose a game at the WC. So no we have'nt shown we are better than New Zealand unfortunately.

We are well aware of New Zealand's lucky, scrappy draws in the last World Cup. We easily could've done the same if we had their qualifying route. Based on results, sure...we're not better. Based on observation from someone who knows a lot about the sport, yes we are.

Is there anything to be notified of beforehand? like is it known that there have been altercations between us and Honduran fans? just curious is all, seeing as how apparently there are tons of Honduran fans.

BMO Security is going to be overwhelmed.

They will have seen NOTHING like this. Unfortunately, if we warn them, it's us they will crack down on, not them.

I don't recall a game at BMO that would have had this level of hostility.

They will have seen NOTHING like this. Unfortunately, if we warn them, it's us they will crack down on, not them.

I don't recall a game at BMO that will have this level of hostility.

Thanks Jaime appreciate the heads up.

I don't recall a game at BMO that would have had this level of hostility.

Actually.... Canada vs Chile 2007.

For me, its like the eve of Chanukhah! (For our Jewish Vees!) Oh, its all Festivus in the end.

I thought I was the only one! *slight tear*

Also this one is gonna get nasty. I pray that no blue somehow sneaks it way into the south end

Is there anything to be notified of beforehand? like is it known that there have been altercations between us and Honduran fans? just curious is all, seeing as how apparently there are tons of Honduran fans.

I've been to nearly all Canadian games at BMO and seen quite a few altercations. ALL, and I mean ALL altercations are started by opposing fans. It's the same situation every time. Some opposing fans usually feel inadequate because there is nothing going on within their supporters. Canadian fans are united in song and dance in the supporters section and this angers them. The majority of the opposing fans enjoy it. Then some meatheads feel they need to leave their seats and make their way to the supporters area and start shoving their flags in people's faces. I've seen this over and over and security is so clueless until someone takes objection to having a flag shoved in their face. Other than that, the rest of the stadium gets along just fine. For most part, it's the first time they've been to BMO and they are oblivious to anything local soccer and are only interested in their teams national squad. They get a kick out of the Canada support and have a good time as half their support is usually really Canadian anyways.

Am greatly looking forward for tomorrows match, me and my family are goign, and we are always in the supporters section, so we would like to be there for tomorrows match aswell. I was wondering if anyone had 3 tickets for tomorrow match anywhere along the supporters end?! Thanks a ton if you can reply to me, my emails at quentin.jf@gmail.com

Allez lezz rouge!

I will have two tickets. My name is Matt, I always stand at the corner of the closed bar at Maro. I'll have a black Canada hoodie over top of a red Simeon Jackson jersey with a V's scarf on. $20 per ticket.

Two great tweets from today:

Kris Fernandes ‏@Insidesoccermag To all the girls, @justinbieber is at the Skydome hotel tonight. His security detail are all Spanish so follow them all night. #canmnt

Jason deVos ‏@jasondevos

The notion of only supporting Canada “when they’re good” is disgraceful. You’re supporting your country, not a pro franchise. #canMNT

This is it. A group without USA or Mexico. We're playing at home. If we can't win in these conditions, it is dubious we qualify for the Hex.

Don't give the ball away cheaply, guys. The more we have it the less play-acting we'll be subjected to.

Go Canada!

Archived