Saputo Stadium nearly finished

tv fan = not a real fan

No. Totally wrong. TV fan != Hardcore supporter but TV fan == a real fan!

A TV fan is someone who actually makes time to support a team. They are not hardcore supporters but they are fans and should be accepted as that. Hopefully they transition but what makes a team work is that they appeal to a lot of different people on a lot of different levels. To each their own.

PS. Stadium is looking good. Team is doing good for a first year expansion and the owner really cares and knows football.

Nah. If they live in the Vancouver area and haven't been to a game live, then I can't consider that person a real fan.

Regardless, I agree with ThiKu about BC Place. Not a fan, preferred Empire and I can't wait for a new stadium to get approved at the waterfront. I want a redesign though; not a fan of the horseshoe shape (you lose so much sound).

Nah. If they live in the Vancouver area and haven't been to a game live, then I can't consider that person a real fan.

This can't be more wrong. Considering priorities, I see nothing wrong with someone having never been to a game. Supporting the team with your heart is more important than supporting it with your wallet. Both is best, but I'd choose heart over wallet, and that includes watching it on TV.

I'm getting kind of tired of the attitude that refers to anybody not jumping up and down singing in a supporters' section as a "casual fan". Seriously? Not everyone goes to matches, not everyone supports a club in the same way. That does not make them merely "casual", or "fairweather", or whatever label certain individuals want to slap on others in order to make themselves feel more integral to their chosen club.

I'm getting kind of tired of the attitude that refers to anybody not jumping up and down singing in a supporters' section as a "casual fan". Seriously? Not everyone goes to matches, not everyone supports a club in the same way. That does not make them merely "casual", or "fairweather", or whatever label certain individuals want to slap on others in order to make themselves feel more integral to their chosen club.

Agreed. I work until 11:30 at night and pretty much every weekend. That pretty well keeps me from attending more than 1 or 2 games per year. Doesn't make me any less of a supporter.

I agree all of Leaf Nation,(un) Happy Habs, Jays....well maybe they can :)...........are able to fit into the stadium. Or insert any Euro footie club you want.

Ratings matter.

Not everyone goes to matches, not everyone supports a club in the same way. That does not make them merely "casual", or "fairweather", or whatever label certain individuals want to slap on others in order to make themselves feel more integral to their chosen club.

I've never been to a TFC game (live close enough to have no excuse) yet I'd still call myself a hardcore fan. I figure you'd have to be to still be watching each and every game after all this time. That or just sick.

Archived