Loan for Russell Tiebert?

nolando

Teibert can utilize his excellent conditioning running on the spot from home watching the first team play apparently.

Past the point of him being Canadian how can you not feel bad for this kid? What has he ever done to deserve being completely knocked out of the squad? He's the hardest working player on the Caps, he's one of the highest rated prospects in Canada, he was starting at 18 for them before injuries, played well at the U23 qualifiers (OUT OF POSITION), when asked he plays anywhere and does a good job, plays well for the reserves... And I get that competition is tight but to not even make the bench is just ridiculous.

I just don't get it. Please trade him to TFC.. he would be a starter without question.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Past the point of him being Canadian how can you not feel bad for this kid? What has he ever done to deserve being completely knocked out of the squad? He's the hardest working player on the Caps, he's one of the highest rated prospects in Canada, he was starting at 18 for them before injuries, played well at the U23 qualifiers (OUT OF POSITION), when asked he plays anywhere and does a good job, plays well for the reserves... And I get that competition is tight but to not even make the bench is just ridiculous.

I just don't get it. Please trade him to TFC.. he would be a starter without question.

I agree, he has tonnes of talent and potential. We can talk about Alderson too, but him starting could still be debatable...Teibert should be getting playing time without question for sure.

To be honest the lack of playing time for RT may just be a development thing. Why rush him? Let him develop and see if he can crack the starting 11. He and others are doing great in the reserves/PDL. Maybe Rennie just doesn't want to rush him. Yes getting playing time on the first team might be easier on other teams but why not keep playing and practicing with YP Lee, Rochat and now Robson? That will do as much for a player's development than all the first team time on a bottom team.

You are only as good as the players you work with and against in practice day in and day out. Being on a bottom team isn't going to help that no matter how much you play. Different paths hopefully will lead to the same place.

To be honest the lack of playing time for RT may just be a development thing. Why rush him? Let him develop and see if he can crack the starting 11. He and others are doing great in the reserves/PDL. Maybe Rennie just doesn't want to rush him. Yes getting playing time on the first team might be easier on other teams but why not keep playing and practicing with YP Lee, Rochat and now Robson? That will do as much for a player's development than all the first team time on a bottom team.

You are only as good as the players you work with and against in practice day in and day out. Being on a bottom team isn't going to help that no matter how much you play. Different paths hopefully will lead to the same place.

Well Holy ****!!! I had to read 3 pages of crap before I actually got to someone that actually cares, or would care, about the development of one of Canada's leading soccer prospects. THANK YOU.

RT will shine, whether with the Caps or not is irrelevant. Rennie will not and should not rush his development just to appease some momo that wants to see his Canadian Soccer Jesus play. Rt is not wasting away in some low tier soccer hell, he's training with the first team, learning form the first team. When he cracks the first team (and he will) then he will stay there, and that my friends will be good for the team he happens to be playing with and for Canada.

Rennie doesn't hate Canada, hes actually helping develop our players properly.

Going to TFC would destroy his young career and confidence.

How so?

Can't you see?! In order for young players to develop and gain confidence they need to be dropped from their respective first team immediately and can't even feature in cup matches. This is how clubs like Barcelona and Ajax have done it for years. Barcelona brought Messi through as an 18 year old and when he proved he was good enough they dropped him from the first team squad and developed him in the reserves.

*sarcasm*

Can't you see?! In order for young players to develop and gain confidence they need to be dropped from their respective first team immediately and can't even feature in cup matches. This is how clubs like Barcelona and Ajax have done it for years. Barcelona brought Messi through as an 18 year old and when he proved he was good enough they dropped him from the first team squad and developed him in the reserves.

*sarcasm*

lol I was kinda thinking along those lines myself.

*sarcasm*

Yeah, thats it, Messi was spotted as a child and developed for years through a youth system that plays even more than the first team. Your comparison is laughable.

RT came out as a starter because like TFC now, the WHITECAPS last season were crap. He had no competition for his midfield spot until he got hurt. The Caps had the likes of Dunfield, Salinas, Harmse, Khalfan, and Wes Knight?!?!? and at the back? Ducket, Leathers, Wagner, and the irreplaceable Jeb brovsky?

Amongst those players RT looks like a superstar. But in the lineup now there is no spot for him.

And as for "how so?" first you have to let go of any TFC bias and see it for what it is. TFC would be setting RT up for failure, they can't win, they hardly even compete right now. He would go there to loose and besides Torsten and Danny he would have no one to lean on for solid pro advise.

At least thats the way I see it. Rennie is a top class man manager, and has proven to be able to elevate players to new heights. RT should def. stay in Vancouver for his development. TFC has had nothing but a 6 year long management nightmare, RT would be well advised to stay away from there.

And as for "how so?" first you have to let go of any TFC bias and see it for what it is. TFC would be setting RT up for failure, they can't win, they hardly even compete right now. He would go there to loose and besides Torsten and Danny he would have no one to lean on for solid pro advise.

At least thats the way I see it. Rennie is a top class man manager, and has proven to be able to elevate players to new heights. RT should def. stay in Vancouver for his development. TFC has had nothing but a 6 year long management nightmare, RT would be well advised to stay away from there.

That is it? Only Frings and Kovermans? Now THAT is what I call a biased post.

The caps arguably have a better starting 11, but in addition to Frings and Kovermans, he would also learn much from both Johnson and De Guzman. Any of those four players would be automatic starters on Vancouver as well.

That is it? Only Frings and Kovermans? Now THAT is what I call a biased post.

The caps arguably have a better starting 11, but in addition to Frings and Kovermans, he would also learn much from both Johnson and De Guzman. Any of those four players would be automatic starters on Vancouver as well.

Except De Guzman is Canadian so he'd be a reserve wondering "am I really never going to win the V's Cup again?"

TFC is best Canadian team right now. They have proven it already unlike Vancouver Whitecaps. Vancouver had two chances to prove they're better than TFC but they failed to do that during V-Cup.

Tiebert needs to go back to Toronto if he wants some playing time especially now that Plata has left the team. (I am sure Tiebert regrets leaving TFC now).

Montreal Impact could be another option, but I am not sure if they need a winger right now.

Do all you Ontario homers really think a sample size of 2 head-to-head matchups is more representative than the 15 and 16 matches played in the same league? ... Really? This is the MLS; there is parity. Any team can beat any team on any given night.

The Chiefs also beat the Packers in the NFL last year. Chiefs 7-9, Packers 15-1. Now everyone step forward and tell me the Chiefs are the better football team.

I wish TFC didn't suck so bad. Not only for the progression of the sport in Canada, but also to give their fanbase something to cheer about instead of spending their time ****ting on the success of other teams.

This is Martin Rennie's career. He isn't going to jeopardize his odds of winning or reputation by sitting a quality player on the bench due to "bias." Teibert simply isn't ready for the Whitecaps lineup.

TFC fans act as if they would rather lose with Canadian players than win with foreign ones. MLS franchises are businesses, not a damn farm system for the CMNT.

Do all you Ontario homers really think a sample size of 2 head-to-head matchups is more representative than the 15 and 16 matches played in the same league? ... Really?

No we don't. I'm a die hard TFC fan but there's no way I think we're as good as Vancouver. I also agree with alot of your points...everytime I see someone say "he should play for TFC" I cringe a little.

Ali Gerba

Zavarise

Deguzman (depending on who you talk to)

almost the entire cast of Canadian players from the '07 team

Vukovic

theres a long list of Canadian players who got screwed by Toronto FC or took a step back in their development. Morgan and Henry are great stories but are only two players. alot of other TFC academy grads don't really figure much into the main roster (Cordon, Stinson, Makubuya, Roberts, Lindsay) some may point to bad luck or other circumstances but the fact remains only two players from their academy are actually playing consistently.

Do all you Ontario homers really think a sample size of 2 head-to-head matchups is more representative than the 15 and 16 matches played in the same league? ... Really? This is the MLS; there is parity. Any team can beat any team on any given night.

The Chiefs also beat the Packers in the NFL last year. Chiefs 7-9, Packers 15-1. Now everyone step forward and tell me the Chiefs are the better football team.

I wish TFC didn't suck so bad. Not only for the progression of the sport in Canada, but also to give their fanbase something to cheer about instead of spending their time ****ting on the success of other teams.

This is Martin Rennie's career. He isn't going to jeopardize his odds of winning or reputation by sitting a quality player on the bench due to "bias." Teibert simply isn't ready for the Whitecaps lineup.

TFC fans act as if they would rather lose with Canadian players than win with foreign ones. MLS franchises are businesses, not a damn farm system for the CMNT.

That aside, having seen Teibert play, both for the Whitecaps last year, and for the men's U-23 team, I disagree and think that he is ready for the whitecaps lineup. This from a guy who both likes the Caps (I own a jersey for em after all), and, as you say, wishes to see them become more like damn farm systems for the CMNT in the future.

^ Ditto. I'd rather see TFC not make the playoffs for the next 20 years while starting 5 Canadians and having another 5 on the bench making semi-regular appearances with a steady stream of academy grads coming through then being a perennial MLS Cup contender with no Canadians on the field.

^ Ditto. I'd rather see TFC not make the playoffs for the next 20 years while starting 5 Canadians and having another 5 on the bench making semi-regular appearances with a steady stream of academy grads coming through then being a perennial MLS Cup contender with no Canadians on the field.

I agree. I'd rather see TFC do that too.

Archived