Loan for Russell Tiebert?

nolando

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Martin Rennie's career. He isn't going to jeopardize his odds of winning or reputation by sitting a quality player on the bench due to "bias."

Then why is Tiebert on the bench and Thorrington playing? As for Tiebert not being ready enough, I call bull ****. He already proved he was ready last year.

JPG, I think I would rather something in the middle. If TFC was turning out that many Canadian players and not making the playoffs for 20 years, I don't imagine the calibre of players would be helping the CMNT a whole hell of a lot

I was thinking these players would be mostly younger guys who would move on to European teams as they hit their mid-20's. TFC would essentially be a development/feeder team. Of course this is all hypothetical and just to show where my priorities are and not to be taken seriously.

Then why is Tiebert on the bench and Thorrington playing? As for Tiebert not being ready enough, I call bull ****. He already proved he was ready last year.

PROTIP: to come off as an expert on a player, learn how to spell his name.

You can't ask why Thor plays and Teib doesn't - they are totally different positionally. Right now Teibert is behind Salgado (injured), Sanvezzo, and to a degree even Mattocks, and SLT on that left flank - though indirectly. But how he is also behind Harvey and Nanchoff is completely beyond me. All that potential, and fitness, and work rate....it's a complete mystery. Guess he could be a huge douche?

What was the overall quality of the Whitecaps team last year? A few scrubs plucked off beer league teams could have "proven" themselves on that squad.

^ Ditto. I'd rather see TFC not make the playoffs for the next 20 years while starting 5 Canadians and having another 5 on the bench making semi-regular appearances with a steady stream of academy grads coming through then being a perennial MLS Cup contender with no Canadians on the field.

I would rather see the CMNT make the World Cup than the Whitecaps take the MLS title ... but I also don't have millions of dollars on the line as an investor in an MLS club. Why this is so hard to understand is beyond me.

If I coached, owned, or invested in an MLS club with your line of thinking, I'd shoot myself in the head prior to enduring those 20 years ...

Purchase an MLS club, then play your sub par Canadians. Until then, enjoy your last place and stop complaining.

What was the overall quality of the Whitecaps team last year? A few scrubs plucked off beer league teams could have "proven" themselves on that squad.

Not even close. Also, it doesn't matter what the quality of the team was. You can tell how talented a player is by seeing how THEY play. Just from observation, anyone with a half a brain that knows anything about the game can tell he's much more talented than Salgado.

I would rather see the CMNT make the World Cup than the Whitecaps take the MLS title ... but I also don't have millions of dollars on the line as an investor in an MLS club. Why this is so hard to understand is beyond me.

If I coached, owned, or invested in an MLS club with your line of thinking, I'd shoot myself in the head prior to enduring those 20 years ...

Purchase an MLS club, then play your sub par Canadians. Until then, enjoy your last place and stop complaining.

Our sub par Canadians wiped the floor with your foreigners little man. Also, don't reply back with your bull **** about how any team can win on any given day. I gaurentee we'll do it again soon enough in league play, especially in your own back yard.

You know that football has finally come to Canada when our national supporter forum turns into a nasty scrap over club teams!!! This is what we need: passion for our club teams. In time this passion will result in more and more high quality players for Canada. Screw you all, is what I am trying to say.

Go Caps Go!!

Why do you think we care about MLSE, Saputo's or whoever owns the ****caps money? We don't. It's not ours and we do understand, we just don't care about that.

Dear anti-Canadian Caps fan,

This is my opinion as a fan and i really don't give a flying f@ck what someone coaching or owning an MLS team is thinking about.

Sincerely,

A Patriot

p.s. The Whitecaps are ruining Canadian soccer

Dear anti-Canadian Caps fan,

This is my opinion as a fan and i really don't give a flying f@ck what someone coaching or owning an MLS team is thinking about.

Sincerely,

A Patriot

p.s. The Whitecaps are ruining Canadian soccer

p.s.s. Martin Rennie burns Canadian flags in his spare time.

p.s.s.s. Vancouver doesn't want to win the V's Cup because they would have to represent Canada.

Archived