Canada vs. USA June 3 Pre-game Thread

Saviola7

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ughh tell me about it....

thats why I despise america sometimes, they literally think they should win everything all the time, or be the best at everything.

Im so amped for this game, I'm home Cananda does exactly what we did with the U-23's.

On that note, i call at 2-1 score line.

Goals from Occean, Hainault set piece - Jozy altidore

Thoughts about recent US matches tell me:

-They are a decent side and should be a tough go on Sunday and will be hard to get points from in the Hex. If the US don't "want it" like they did tonight, we could catch them for some goals if we execute.

-They really wanted it tonight where as Brazil just played a friendly and showed their elite status when they wanted to.

-Scotland is as terrible as my Scottish mate tells me they are, not to discredit the US skill, but they are piss.

-Brazil is going to win the World Cup no doubt.

Then we must be beyond crap if were 20 ranks below them but yeah I saw the game and I thought it could go both ways the US hit the post like 2-3 times and missed an open shot. I just hope we can compete with them at least and not make it a blow out as for Brazil winning the cup I got my bet on Germany or other Euro teams a friendly like this does not convince since it's just the US. I'll give US credit for their improvement though.

Then we must be beyond crap if were 20 ranks below them but yeah I saw the game and I thought it could go both ways the US hit the post like 2-3 times and missed an open shot. I just hope we can compete with them at least and not make it a blow out as for Brazil winning the cup I got my bet on Germany or other Euro teams a friendly like this does not convince since it's just the US. I'll give US credit for their improvement though.

It's not "just the US", this isn't the 90s... the US is a legitimate soccer power capable of beating any team in the world, ask Spain. Clearly Scotland is better than us but in general I wouldn't look at rankings to judge teams, especially since UEFA nations get to play qualifiers year round.

I don't know if Scotland is all that much better than us. FIFA rankings favour you for just playing in UEFA, it's a flawed system.

Yeah the USA missed chances, but would you not agree that:

-Brazil missed just as many good chances (meaning it could have been a total rout)

-USA played pretty hard

-Brazil played it like a friendly

I believe Brazil could have taken it up a couple notches from what they showed. I don't know if the USA had much more to offer than that, shown by their emotion in the game and frustration with being beaten like that. Brazil players seemed like they were just having a good match than trying their hardest to win.

This was only the Brazil u23 going to London. And as Ryan said, Brazil played like it was a walk in the park while the US played as if it was a Confed match. Marcello owned Landon D yesterday and Neymar showed why he's going to lead Brazil in 2014. Their backline is average ex Marcello.

American fan reaction is that they played good and are okay with the result despite the scoreline. This is typical overly optmistic thinking on their part given JK has taken the helm.

I don't know if Scotland is all that much better than us. FIFA rankings favour you for just playing in UEFA, it's a flawed system.

Yeah the USA missed chances, but would you not agree that:

-Brazil missed just as many good chances (meaning it could have been a total rout)

-USA played pretty hard

-Brazil played it like a friendly

I believe Brazil could have taken it up a couple notches from what they showed. I don't know if the USA had much more to offer than that, shown by their emotion in the game and frustration with being beaten like that. Brazil players seemed like they were just having a good match than trying their hardest to win.

Not to mention the Brasil squad was nowhere near the first team selection. Many were lads that won't see the pitch at the Finals. Yes and I include the likes of Pato, Thiago Silva, Danilo, Sandro and Hulk in that statement

What a shame, would be great to see a sold out BMO field....this weather is not going to help casual fans to come! I haven't seen too much public attention on this game. I heard there was going to be a story on the Toronto Star Saturday newspaper dedicated to the 100 years of the CSA. Anyone check it out?

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this now that we don't have Hutch.

-----------Occean-----------------------

-------------------DDR------------------

Issey-----------------------------Jackson

------------Johnson---JDG----------------

Klukowski----McKenna -- Edgar----Hainault

----------------Hirschfeld----------------

That's my first choice backline in any case, and since they've never played together as four (not that I can recall), I say go with the more familiar keeper to start them off on solid ground.

Oh and as an aside, in how many cities would this match draw more than 15,000 this Sunday I wonder?

I need a pair of supporters tix last minute, anyone have any I can paypal you for or you can just trust me to bring you $$$ for?

You shouldn't have a problem game day, I'm sure anyone who wants to stand in the supporters section will be welcome to regardless of their ticket

"I need a little nasty." "So what if we end up with ten men...Let them know you played Canada."

This makes me think a lot about guys like Watson and Stalteri and De Vos at Gold Cup 2000. Great that Hart's polite cliches got called out a bit too.

Some great quotes from commentators during the interview with Hainault Thursday:

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/soccer_show/ss_20120531_215131--May-31st-Edition-of-The-Soccer-Show.mp3

"I need a little nasty." "So what if we end up with ten men...Let them know you played Canada."

This makes me think a lot about guys like Watson and Stalteri and De Vos at Gold Cup 2000. Great that Hart's polite cliches got called out a bit too.

Some great quotes from commentators during the interview with Hainault Thursday:

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/soccer_show/ss_20120531_215131--May-31st-Edition-of-The-Soccer-Show.mp3

Can you elaborate on that a bit? Who said the quotes at the top? Who called out Hart?

Archived