Womens CSL

wellyo

not to bash the idea or anything,

but how could this be looked at as viable and sustainable if the mens league is barely their.

What would they pay these women 20$ a game?

The OWSL is the place for Women to play right now.

not to bash the idea or anything,

but how could this be looked at as viable and sustainable if the mens league is barely their.

What would they pay these women 20$ a game?

The OWSL is the place for Women to play right now.

That is just ridiculous. CSL maintains an amateur CSL-2 reserve division. a W-CSL could function in the exact same manner.

Longterm it would be insuffiecient but probably a very realistic idea might be to try and create a higher GTA women's tier? We have like 6 amateur teams with minimal travel, it doesn't sound amazing but it would probably be sustainable and maybe we could successfully create a good tier (could be CSL, doesn't have to be). I don't really know though, I'm a layman when it comes to the issues surrounding the female side of the game.

Longterm it would be insuffiecient but probably a very realistic idea might be to try and create a higher GTA women's tier? We have like 6 amateur teams with minimal travel, it doesn't sound amazing but it would probably be sustainable and maybe we could successfully create a good tier (could be CSL, doesn't have to be). I don't really know though, I'm a layman when it comes to the issues surrounding the female side of the game.

If the current CSL clubs can handle running a reserve CSL2 squad, they could do a women's league at the same level.

If the current CSL clubs can handle running a reserve CSL2 squad, they could do a women's league at the same level.

are you aware o what takes place in the CSL? out of curiosity?

because what i know, from the numerous amount of players that i have played with, have gone from CSL to OSL just based off the broken commitments, not receiving pay, ect., and then are expected to be fully committed like a professional player.

All the CSL offers right now, is the level for mens soccer, with minimal (and i dont use that word lightly) incentives.

So what im saying is, how can we be looking to do a womens league, if the mens league is barely sustainable?

The OWSL is too amateur to benefit Canada or Canadian women. That has nothing to do with money and everything to do with standards.

We have no solution for Canadian women. We're a top 10 nation and women contribute half the funding and we offer slim to nothing in return.

Canadian women's soccer is 18 red shirts and GO CANADA! - behind that façade there is little to no support or infrastructure.

Archived