With a month to go, Early Predictions to Canadian WC Roster

A rough guess cause I'm not certain of everyone's playing time and health...

GK

Borjan

Hirshfeld

DF

Hainault

McKenna

Edgar

Kluwkoski

De Jong

Ledgerwood

MF

Johnson

Simpson

Hutchinson

De Rosario

De Guzman

FW

Jackson

Occean

Ricketts

Hume

Haber

GK

Lars

Milan

Kenny

DF

McKenna

Hainault

Edgar

De Jong (if healthy)

Kluks (if healthy)

Jazic

Straith

MF

Simpson

Hutch

Dero

Johnson

JDG

Ledgerwood (or JBB, but hopefully not both)

Pacheco

FW

Jackson

Occean

Hume (if healthy)

Ricketts

REB

Issey (I hope!)

Perfect time to call a large camp, seeing as there will be 3 games in a short time span. Does anybody thing Hart will call a large camp of about 30 to see how the better of the U-23 integrate into the squad?

If so, I can see Michal Misiewicz getting a call for 3rd GK over Kenny. Cavallini(sp?), Attakora, Piette and Evan James should all get calls to a large camp in Toronto. Bring fewer to Cuba if necessary. One name I wish would be part of an extended squad but I think won't make it is Gerba. I think if he was fit he could be the type of player that is very dangerous subbed in during the last 10min. Friend might deserve another chance as well. How often can you get players together for half a month with 3 games and no European clubs playing?

I don't care if Bernier isn't playing, I'd take him over Pacheco, Ledgerwood and JBB any day of the week (and I'm sure Hart will too).

You're right ... totally forgot about Bernier! He'll be there, also ahead of Dunfield. Maybe Morgan ahead of Jazic?

GK

Lars

Milan

DF

McKenna

Hainault

Edgar

De Jong

Kluks

Jakovic

Straith

Morgan

MF

Simpson

Hutch

DeRo

Johnson

JDG

Bernier

FW

Jackson

Occean

Hume

Ricketts

REB

Issey

maybe 1 or 2 surprises??? :)

Pretty much mine, love Issey but he hasn't been playing (or featured in a while) so I might switch him for someone... If Cavallini can get in some matches for Nacional I'd use him but other than that not many options. Wish the Whitecaps would give Teibert a minute of time so he can win a spot.

GK .......................Young guns, some of them should get MNT experience.

Hirshfeld...............Misiewicz

Borjan..................Monsalve

Chencinski ............Stillo

............................Latendresse Levesque

DF

McKenna................... Straith

Hainault.................... Morgan

Edgar....................... Attakora

De Jong................... .Henry

Kluks

Jakovic

MF

Simpson................. Davies

Hutch..................... James

DeRo..................... Piette

Johnson................. Saiko

JDG........................ Lam

Bernier................... Teibert

FW

Jackson.................... Cavallini

Occean.................... Haber

Hume ...................... REB

Ricketts................... Sodade

Issey

I wouldn't mind a Piette call up at all, I know he's only 17 but JDG and Bernier are on the decline, Hutchinson is playing at RB for PSV (and hopefully for us too) and I don't see too many other options, he's already better than Dunfield imo. Its a shame he isn't playing 1st team football somewhere (yet).

23 Man Roster

Keepers:

Borjan

Hirschfeld

Defenders:

Edgar

McKenna

Hainault

Jakovic

De Jong

Klukowski

Straith

Morgan

Midfielders:

De Guzman

Hutchinson

Simpson

De Rosario

Johnson

Bernier

Piette

Dunfield

Forwards:

Jackson

Occean

Cavallini

Ricketts

Friend

Piette...he isn't playing 1st team football somewhere (yet).

FC Metz is at high risk of falling to the French 3rd division which either means he should sign elsewhere once he's 18 or try to see if he can be a squad regular. On the bench at that low tier is probably not what Piette needs. After all Haidar Al-Shaïbani is playing in the French 3rd and he hasn't had a call-up for the latest cycle of games + nobody is talking about him playing even 3rd GK.

FC Metz is at high risk of falling to the French 3rd division which either means he should sign elsewhere once he's 18 or try to see if he can be a squad regular. On the bench at that low tier is probably not what Piette needs. After all Haidar Al-Shaïbani is playing in the French 3rd and he hasn't had a call-up for the latest cycle of games + nobody is talking about him playing even 3rd GK.

Getting noticed at a low level helps offensive players. Jackson, Hume, REB, Ricketts, and even Occean have all made their mark by dropping down the ladder and tearing it up. Now look at defensive players....JBB, Ledgerwood, Al-Shaibani...etc. I don't think a player like Piette should try and force his way into a FC Metz. I would like to see him try and push into a B2 team or a team in Sweden, Norway, or Denmark.

Why is everyone here forgetting about Joe DiChiara? Why are all these guys (James, Piette, Davies - no club!) ahead of him?? Because he wasn't part of OQG?? He is a semi-regular in the Russian Prem at age 19 and regular in their reserve team (and scoring a goal here and there from a DM spot). He attended the last round and was stated by Fonseca to not be ready. But considering where he is playing how are these guys ahead of him that aren't playing their respective first teams or not at a club at all??? I don't quite get the logic here.

Out of sight, out of mind?

Here's mine: we see one of Jono or hoillet

Will Friend ever get another call?

Hoilett, only chance we have of seeing him is if we gain good form and make the final round. That opportunity to qualify might be enough to entice him but it all depends on his stance in England, he also has to be dealt as it seems Blackburn is headed down.

De Guzman, haven't heard anything in ages, I'll take Julian's comments over any media reporting so I believe he wants to be here, just don't think it's going to happen soon enough...if at all.

Friend, I don't think there's anything more he can do or show us and we have better talent up front in guys like Occean and Jackson. I'd rather Haber make the bench.

Piette is actually in Germany with fortuna dussuldorf according to his twitter convo with aleman... He also sounded like he was on the verge of signing... Aleman also sounded like he was on the verge of cracking the lineup himself, not sure for which level for the club though

Archived