Première Ligue de soccer du Québec

Juby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this, It's a PDF for the PLSQ http://www.publicationsports.com/ressources/files/240/PLSQ_MAG4fa433d586642.pdf?__utma=86310535.798569230.1335728951.1335815394.1336596453.3&__utmb=86310535.3.10.1336596453&__utmc=86310535&__utmx=-&__utmz=86310535.1336596453.3.3.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=225595667

It's in french but it's pretty straightforward, schedual AND ROSTERS!

edit: The news articles on the site are being doubled with an english write up directly below the french as well.

Based on the fan support, the website, the availability of rosters, the linkages with established youth associations, and the general promotion of the league, it already seems much more professional than the CSL. Hopefully, they can build on it and add some more teams outside of Montreal next year. It does seem a good start though. A well-run Quebec league would be a good thing. I can easily see the U21 Impact side making a jump to this league soon.

Based on the fan support, the website, the availability of rosters, the linkages with established youth associations, and the general promotion of the league, it already seems much more professional than the CSL. Hopefully, they can build on it and add some more teams outside of Montreal next year. It does seem a good start though. A well-run Quebec league would be a good thing. I can easily see the U21 Impact side making a jump to this league soon.

I'd like for that to happen, and for CSL to step it up, too. As I've said elsewhere, I'd like it if the league could "merge" under a larger corporate entity of CSL (as with USL in the south, leagues is plural here) and then the current CSL could become the Ontario Premier League or some such. This is of course, only suggested because the league management talked about a Canada Cup between the leagues' respective champions in the post season.

The level looks excellent on paper with former pro players like Sandro Grande, Rocco Placentino, Simon Gatti, Fenelon Gabard (former Haiti NT keeper), Antonio Ribeiro, Ibrahim Baldeh Frederido Moojen and Nicolas Lesage.

Also you have a lot of former Canada youth teams players such as Cristian Nunez, Olivier Babineau, Julien Meunier, Sylla and a few others.

I'll try to catch a game if I'm in the Montreal area sometime this summer.

There's another video of highlights for Saint-Leonard vs AS Blainville, Saint Leonard has quite a few impressive and familiar players. It also starts with a interview (en francais) with Victor Montagliana.

Also, like I said the side is putting english updates after the french in the news articles. The latest one

http://www.premiereliguedesoccerduquebec.ca/nouvelles/resultats-du-jour-2-de-la-plsq mentions that Blainville had over a 1000 spectators at their last game. It also mentions that Aylmer (who is playing friendlies during the season against PLSQ teams) will be in the league next year.

There's another video of highlights for Saint-Leonard vs AS Blainville, Saint Leonard has quite a few impressive and familiar players. It also starts with a interview (en francais) with Victor Montagliana.

Also, like I said the side is putting english updates after the french in the news articles. The latest one

http://www.premiereliguedesoccerduquebec.ca/nouvelles/resultats-du-jour-2-de-la-plsq mentions that Blainville had over a 1000 spectators at their last game. It also mentions that Aylmer (who is playing friendlies during the season against PLSQ teams) will be in the

league next year.

Hopefully they'll be able to continue the success story this season, I'm sure it'll draw more clubs who may not have joined out of skepticism to give the league a whirl next year.

NEW HEAD COACH for FC Boisbriand

Despite no losses, Boisbriand FC Semi-pro coach had to resign after 2 games since he cannot be involve in 2 Club. He will be replace by Jackson Andrade, a Licence A Brazilian coach, and former Brazilian pro keeper with Coritiba FC.

Heare are this week's results

In front of 706 people, Blainville 2-5 L'Assomption Moojen with a brace

Brossard 2-3 Boisbriand(Boisbriand was down 2-1 and with 10 men)

St-Leonard FC 3-1 Impact U-18 (friendly)

706 - good number.

This league seems very promising.

• 2 weeks later...

This past week.

L'Assomption 3-2 Brossard

Boisbriand 2-3 St-Leonard

Blainville 3-0 Aylmer (friendly)

Because Boisbriand doesn't play friendlies. (Maybe not because of it) Only 2 games this week

Friday: L'Assomption-St. Leonard

Sunday: Brossard-Blainville

• 2 weeks later...

writeups from the league site (Premiereliguedesoccerduquebec.ca)

from June 3rd:

FIRST VICTORY FOR THE FC BROSSARD WITH THE PREMIÈRE LIGUE DE SOCCER DU QUÉBEC

The FC Brossard won their first game this afternoon against the AS Blainville with a 2-1 score.

The AS Blainville took the lead early in the game thanks to a goal scored by Simon Beaulieu. This lead was however was of short duration since Mohamed Saidi tied the score 17 minutes into the game. During the second half, Harmel Dagrou scored the winning goal 68 minutes into the game.

Both teams seemed affected by the wind during the whole game which hindered the play level. However, the last 10 minutes were nothing but fast paced.

from June 10th:

The FC L’Assomption remains in 1st place with the Première ligue de soccer du Québec

Another beautiful Sunday for the Première ligue de soccer du Québec when all teams were playing. First, in Blainville with a crowd of about 500 people, the AS Blainville played against the Saint-Léonard FC at Parc Blainville.

Visitors took the lead 18 minutes into the game with a goal scored by their captain, Sandro Grande. The locals managed to tie the score making their fans very happy 30 minutes into the game thanks to Yoan Loé. Sandro Grande also scored 56 minutes into the game, which made it the winning goal. However, 88 minutes into the game, everything started to go wrong for the locals when the Saint-Léonard FC scored three consecutive goals : Ricardo Teoli 88 minutes into the game, Simon Gatti, 92 minutes into the game and Mohamed Sylla, 94 minutes into the game.

This match that was regardless very tight ended with a 5-1 for Saint-Léonard FC, a nice victory for them.

In Lanaudière, the FC L’Assomption, first in the rankings, was playing against one the teams that is closely behind, the FC Boisbriand at the Stade André-Courcelles. The FC L’Assomption which had a shaky start at the beginning of the season is on the up swing and won the game 2-0. Nicolas Lesage and Frederico Mojen scored the two goals for the local team.

An exhibition game was also taking place in Brossard. The FC Brossard was playing against Aylmer. This game ended with a 5-0 score for the locals. Again, the score does not reflect the intensity of the game. Chris Tsibangu, Armel Dagrou, Cédric Carrier, Felipe Costa de Sousa and Dex Kanik scored the five goals.

With these games, the FC L’Assomption remains in 1st place while the Saint-Léonard FC, which ranks second, has not said its final word.

Once again, spectators were able to enjoy beautiful weather and exciting matches.

and the table from the last article:

Classement général (10/6/2012)

--------------------PJ---V----N----D----BP----BC---(+/-)---pts

FC L’Assomption-----6----4----0----2----16-----9----+7-----12

Saint-Léonard FC----5----3----1----1----12----10----+2-----10

FC Boisbriand--------5----2----1----2-----7-----8---(-1)-----7

FC Brossard----------4---1----1----2-----8-----9----(-1)----4

AS Blainville----------6---1----1----4-----8----15---(-7)-----4

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure, early on I had heard (I think just on this board) a few hundred (not too bad), but the best I could find recently was a reference to a well attendended friendly between the team in an off week and the impact U18 team, hopefully someone in Quebec can tell us.

• 1 month later...

Good news, I decided to look up the latest PLSQ stuff, and apparently the table is getting tighter and...

Also, it is important to note that during an exhibition match Friday night, the FC L’Assomption defeated the Académie de l’Impact U18 in front of a crowd of about 1000 spectators at the André-Courcelles stadium

http://www.premiereliguedesoccerduquebec.ca/nouvelles/le-classement-se-reserre-en-plsq

technically that was actually friendly though because most of the season, the 5th team having an off week plays an exhibition match against the Impact U-18's or FC Gatineau, probably others...

Also I wanted to reiterate for people who don't speak french to not be intimidated by the PLSQ site, they have a nice english write up below all their stories. If you have absolutely no comprehension for french it may be harder to navigate so here's a link to the news section (just click on an article and scroll down) http://www.premiereliguedesoccerduquebec.ca/nouvelles

Good news, I decided to look up the latest PLSQ stuff, and apparently the table is getting tighter and...

Also, it is important to note that during an exhibition match Friday night, the FC L’Assomption defeated the Académie de l’Impact U18 in front of a crowd of about 1000 spectators at the André-Courcelles stadium

http://www.premiereliguedesoccerduquebec.ca/nouvelles/le-classement-se-reserre-en-plsq

technically that was actually friendly though because most of the season, the 5th team having an off week plays an exhibition match against the Impact U-18's or FC Gatineau, probably others...

Also I wanted to reiterate for people who don't speak french to not be intimidated by the PLSQ site, they have a nice english write up below all their stories. If you have absolutely no comprehension for french it may be harder to navigate so here's a link to the news section (just click on an article and scroll down) http://www.premiereliguedesoccerduquebec.ca/nouvelles

Beautiful!

Hats off to Quebec for getting this off the ground. I look forward to seeing it grow into a good Canadian league.

I'll certainly make my way down to Gatineau games if they ever get the team. If anyone is still wondering why Gatineau didn't end up playing, I believe it was due to slight financial issues, particularly with securing funds to lease their stadium. I believe their government wasn't willing to give (or loan) them the slight amount of money they would have needed (something like $40k). Take that for what its worth though, I am by no means an official source, and I'm relying on memory from about 2-3 months ago.

I'd like to see something similar to this Quebec league formed in Ontario. Basically CSL, but better (or more professional).

Beautiful!

Hats off to Quebec for getting this off the ground. I look forward to seeing it grow into a good Canadian league.

I'll certainly make my way down to Gatineau games if they ever get the team. If anyone is still wondering why Gatineau didn't end up playing, I believe it was due to slight financial issues, particularly with securing funds to lease their stadium. I believe their government wasn't willing to give (or loan) them the slight amount of money they would have needed (something like $40k). Take that for what its worth though, I am by no means an official source, and I'm relying on memory from about 2-3 months ago.

I'd like to see something similar to this Quebec league formed in Ontario. Basically CSL, but better (or more professional).

Where was the Gatineau team looking to play?

Think you'll find that this is only ever going to be a Quebec league but they do appear to be interested in having playoffs with the CSL for a national title. Not sure whether that's happening this year. Does anyone know?

Archived