Simeon Jackson

Wingback6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Zem said:

It bears pointing out that he only signed until January, so #JacksontoCPL is still a very real possibility

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50083376

He will/should stay with Kilmarnock if he is offered something decent past January; higher level of play, much better wage and the CPL will still be in the off season.  I could see him coming back if he is released or can’t get a new contract beyond May.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

He will/should stay with Kilmarnock if he is offered something decent past January; higher level of play, much better wage and the CPL will still be in the off season.  I could see him coming back if he is released or can’t get a new contract beyond May.

What kind of wages would a average SPL starter get??  

44 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

What kind of wages would a average SPL starter get??  

It really depends on the club.  Best guess:

Celtic could well be up to £1 M plus a season ($1.6 M).  Rangers would be a tad below that.

My club (Hearts) is the next level down - let’s say £100-125 K ($160-200 K).  

Kilmarnock would probably be in the £50-60 K range ($80-100 K).  

Don’t know where someone like Jackson would be in that scale but I’d think on the lower end.

EDIT: just found a link to an interesting article: 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-shelling-wages-compared-16218221

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Wouldn’t he have to wait for the summer transfer window if he resigned in January? I’m not sure what happens if your contract runs out between windows.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Somewhat off topic but I saw a tweet a few weeks ago stating that Manchester United's 1999 treble winning side had a wage bill of 29 million pounds, 2 million less than Rangers in the same year.  Noticeable how the economics of Scottish football have been frozen in time due to the weak television contracts while English revenue has exploded through the stratosphere.

26 minutes ago, Kent said:

Wouldn’t he have to wait for the summer transfer window if he resigned in January? I’m not sure what happens if your contract runs out between windows.

If a contract was til the end of the Scottish season (May) he becomes a free agent then, unless he resigns with Killie.  If his contract ends in March, for example, and not renewed, he could move to another club pending int’l clearance.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jordan said:

I think Jackson’s pace would have similar impact to the guy Hamilton had on loan from Cincinnati? ( I forget his name right now) 

Maybe a Malonga replacement? Simeon pace in his 20s sure. Not sure how a nearly 33 year old jackson holds up for pace? Fact he is still getting contracts in the SPL likely means he is still more than useful though. 

Would be a great pick up for the CPL but could see him chancing his arm in the UK again first.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
39 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Has he retired anyone know?

I think he is still holding out for a gig in the UK. He’s not a prolific social media poster, but he has posted a view training snippets on his Instagram over the past few weeks. Otherwise he has just done the occasional colour commentary for Norwich games.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him come back to CPL, but I think he is pretty settled in the UK.

1 minute ago, sloth8 said:

I think he is still holding out for a gig in the UK. He’s not a prolific social media poster, but he has posted a view training snippets on his Instagram over the past few weeks. Otherwise he has just done the occasional colour commentary for Norwich games.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him come back to CPL, but I think he is pretty settled in the UK.

Oh ok cool , was thinking he might come back and play in the MLS a few years ago but ya the CPL would be a nice landing place for him now but ya he might just be so settled in the UK that he’ll probably make that his home once he retires.