Viewing Parties - Canada vs. Cuba - Mar. 26th

El Hombre

Canada vs. Cuba

Time: 6:30PM EST/3:30PM PST

TV Coverage: Sportsnet One

The following is a list of gathering places for Voyageurs to view the game (details to be added to this post as they are received).

Calgary - Fiddler's Courtyard (confirmed)

Edmonton -

Halifax -

Kingston -

Montreal -

Ottawa -

Quebec City -

Regina -

Saskatoon -

St. John's -

Toronto - Duke of Gloucester (confirmed)

Vancouver -

Victoria -

Winnipeg -

*confirmation requires a Voyageur to call the establishment to confirm that they will be showing the game and that they can accomodate X number of fans.

Don't people in Ottawa watch such things at the Georgetown? That's where I'm headed in a few. Call it the viewing choice of a new guard.

Or something.

The Georgetown relegates us (usually) to the little back room. Whereas Gracies East is run by one of our own and gives us the big screen, sound, drink specials and sometimes door prizes

Sorry guys I didn't put anything together for Gracies because I didn't think anyone would be interested. However I've been playing some good stuff for the upcoming WCQ games. It looks like we'll be giving away a numbered jersey for each game, including the Centennial.

Guest soccer1

It would be pretty embarrassing if both USA and Canada can't qualify for the Olympics,both from the "weaker" group...

I had them put it on the TV at the bar, and it was on a few others while I was there.

I watched TFC x Whitecaps when they played for the first time, at Gracies, and it was a **** show. There was a large group of disinterested soccer fans in the middle of the bar, and the game was on the screen behind them from where I was sitting. It wasn't fun.

Also... defunct Halifax based soccer store.

I had them put it on the TV at the bar, and it was on a few others while I was there.

I watched TFC x Whitecaps when they played for the first time, at Gracies, and it was a **** show. There was a large group of disinterested soccer fans in the middle of the bar, and the game was on the screen behind them from where I was sitting. It wasn't fun.

Also... defunct Halifax based soccer store.

Hey, my name is Matt, I'm one of the owners of Gracies East.

I'm sorry you didn't have a great time last year for the TFC v Caps game, it was my first attempt at any kind of soccer viewing party and I admit it wasn't the best atmosphere for watching a soccer game. I think there was you, JamboAl and Doug.

For the last round of WCQ we had some good turn outs, especially the St Kitts away game where we had 30-40 people cheering on our team.

Anyway I hope you make it out to the Centennial and WCQ games this summer because we've got some cool stuff planned. We've teamed up with Molson and Umbro and we're giving away a numbered Canada home jersey for each game along with some other Umber swag (t-shirts, sweaters, etc...), we'll have deals on draught and we're going to hold the entire section in front of the big screen just for the V's so things don't turn out like the TFC v. Caps game.

Frappe is willing to show the game on the big screen but if there are only a few people to watch it there may not be any sound as at that time the bar is getting full and people want music. They will be showing the Impact game earlier in the day with sound. I will not be there as I will be in New York so if people want to watch the Canada game they should say so to the bartender or manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try and make it out there again.

Brad

Hey, my name is Matt, I'm one of the owners of Gracies East.

I'm sorry you didn't have a great time last year for the TFC v Caps game, it was my first attempt at any kind of soccer viewing party and I admit it wasn't the best atmosphere for watching a soccer game. I think there was you, JamboAl and Doug.

For the last round of WCQ we had some good turn outs, especially the St Kitts away game where we had 30-40 people cheering on our team.

Anyway I hope you make it out to the Centennial and WCQ games this summer because we've got some cool stuff planned. We've teamed up with Molson and Umbro and we're giving away a numbered Canada home jersey for each game along with some other Umber swag (t-shirts, sweaters, etc...), we'll have deals on draught and we're going to hold the entire section in front of the big screen just for the V's so things don't turn out like the TFC v. Caps game.

Archived