Canada U-23 - El Salvador U-23 Game Thread [R]

Lord Bob

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woah, I explained why. I wanted REBs pace to trouble their backline because it gives the fullback something else to think about, keeps him on his toes. I like Haworth and what he has shown, and he has been steady defensively which is why I think he swapped wings, to give Teibert more support. And I was going to post on Beckie's clearance, it was very calm and composed. Chill out son

Then it should have been REB for James?? Makes no sense son. Don't read the players names, and the club they belong to beside and and pick your team that way. Son.

Why do coaches play Teibert at LB? I'll never understand it.

Because Toronto FC won't release Ashtone Morgan!!!!!

(And because Fonseca won't play Fresenga for some reason.)

(And because Alex Surprenant is apparently dead.)

(And because Antonio Rago, who I realize is a native RB but can play some LB, wasn't even invited to camp.)

Guest Brethers
Then it should have been REB for James?? Makes no sense son. Don't read the players names, and the club they belong to beside and and pick your team that way. Son.

Right, I said originally Fresenga and REB on. This would push Teibert onto his better position of LW and get some raw pace running at their backline. Therefore, the two wingers currently on have to come off. At no point did I say Haworth was playing badly, in fact I made a point of making that clear. Loving the son thing by the way, keep it up laddie

Because Toronto FC won't release Ashtone Morgan!!!!!

(And because Fonseca won't play Fresenga for some reason.)

(And because Alex Surprenant is apparently dead.)

(And because Antonio Rago, who I realize is a native RB but can play some LB, wasn't even invited to camp.)

This match is very discouraging. We have poor possession and offense, only poor Salvadorean finishing is keeping us in the match.

Teibert's shot was wide... Better, but wasted chance.

This match is very discouraging. We have poor possession and offense, only poor Salvadorean finishing is keeping us in the match.

Teibert's shot was wide... Better, but wasted chance.

Canada needs to live and die by the attack. Through your attackers out there and see what they create.

Guest Brethers

skills by Fonseca there. Was a slightly odd sub, thought Alderson was doing well but maybe they didn't want him to have no gas in the tank for USA on Saturday

Davies brings more to the attack than Alderson does, of course, but Alderson and Davies are virtually Canada's only two midfielders who are used to working together and Alderson was playing very well... I mean, this isn't match fixing, is it?

This is going to be a very difficult tournament to watch if we can't keep possession for more than 15 seconds and can't put together more than 2 passes. Yeesh.

Well, at least, then you won't have to watch for more than 3 matches ...

Guest Brethers

Misiewicz man of the match for me, kept it at 0-0 with some big saves. Positive to come out of that is the clean sheet, but man did we look stagnant. We need a tactical shake up, this formation doesn't work as has been proved time and again by the senior team

Archived