Pre-Game: Canada vs. El Salvador

Sam

Kyle Bekker is the #10 for Boston College, their offence goes through him... he also happens to wear the #10.

Davies played right mid for the Caps right? He also played DM for the U20's in 2009 i believe.....he and Bekker would not be competing for the same spot...

If Teibert plays fullback I will literally go insane. Many of you know I am the biggest Russell Teibert fan alive but he was eaten alive at LB in MLS Reserves. On the other hand, playing the wing he is one of our best players; maybe our very best.

Sad to see Rennie still looking at Teibert for LB this year in pre season.

Kyle Bekker is the #10 for Boston College, their offence goes through him... he also happens to wear the #10.

Davies played right mid for the Caps right? He also played DM for the U20's in 2009 i believe.....he and Bekker would not be competing for the same spot...

Davies played RM for the USSF D2 Whitecaps in 2010 but he was a fairly straight-up CM (in front of Alderson) for the Whitecaps Residency in 2011.

El Salvador are the favourites according to Bet 365:

ES 1.90 Draw 3.40 Canada 3.40

^ Good to know Lord Bob.

So looks like everyone has been loading up on Canada!

Current odds:

ES 2.75 Draw 3.20 Canada 2.30

Edit: So weird, the odds have now changed twice in the last 5 minutes! They went down to ES 2.25 and Canada 3.00 and now adjusted to ES 2.40 and Canada 2.75. I guess alot of bets are coming down on this...

Considering Teibert has to be one of, if not our most threatening attacking player (based on the players from this team I've actually seen play) I'd be very surprised to see him start anywhere but as one of the front three.

A total guess at an 11:

------------------------------Misiewicz-------------

---Stinson----------Attakora-----Henry----------Fresenga

---------------------Alderson--------Saiko

------------------------------Bekker

-------Edwini-Bonsu------------------------Teibert

------------------------------Haber

I’m not surprised ES is favoured. They have a pretty good team: I think Jaime Alas is one of their better senior nationals, Léster Blanco just scored twice in the Champions League in Metapan’s 2-1 win over Pumas and Andres Flores is a decent up-and-coming attacking player.

Which isn’t to say I’m quaking in my boots, but this is obviously a huge game this afternoon.

cheers,

matthew

Seems we are saving the likes of Bonsu, Henry, Piette and Fresenga for the US

Considering the El Salvador game tonight is probably our most important of the group stage, I bet this is just our starting XI. You never know what has gelled/what hasn't at camp because we've literally never seen these players play together before.

Any time you can start a rookie second-round pick who scored less in college than his competition did against professionals, you have to do it. (Moving your best attacking force to a defensive position he's proven to be bad at is a great idea as well.)

If Teibert plays fullback I will literally go insane. Many of you know I am the biggest Russell Teibert fan alive but he was eaten alive at LB in MLS Reserves. On the other hand, playing the wing he is one of our best players; maybe our very best.
The game against El Salvador definately compounded this post.

Archived