Canadian Nationalization Countdown

deschamp86

18 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Felipe Martins? Don't know what the influence of three years in NYC might be. He was in Quebec before though...

Think it was mentioned a page or two back. He was closing in on fulfilling requirements and interested but then got moved to NY. Unless he retained residence here he has to start from scratch as you need to meet a certain amount of days residing in Canada over the past 5 years just to apply. Then it could be another year or so to get processed.

On 03/03/2018 at 12:47 PM, toontownman said:

Wouldn't Hurtado be eligible? Depends on his youth games with U.S. or does he actually live in the states too?

The most likely candidate for me on the Whitecaps would be Mezquida 

Hurtado is horrible anyhow 

Edited by SpursFlu

3 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

The most likely candidate for me on the Whitecaps would be Mezquida 

Hurtado is horrible anyhow 

Mezquida would be a nice pickup but probably wouldn't start. Definitely should be close to fulfilling requirements. You know we could get him on board and the Whitecaps would trade him the day before! It will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets this year. I could definitely see him getting lost in the shuffle and being moved out by this time next year.

Hurtado:  Via Nolando (on the last page)

I asked him about this point blank a couple years back and he said there's  no way he could ever do that when the US was his country. I think very few Csps players have ever done the Point Roberts commute like Manneh did, so I suspect Hurtado has been steadily putting in residence time here, fwiw.

Where would Lovitz go? LB cover behind Dejong, Adekugbe? Midfield behind a whole bunch of guys??  If he wanted to switch sure, come on down, but I dont think he would get alot of calls.  And do any of the american guys on our MLS teams stay year round?  I know its more complicated than just playing for CDN team for 5 years.  

Thought Lovitz had been a bit of revelation so far this year for Montreal at least offensively. Not least because he was picked of the scrap heap. DeJong is advancing in years, although he has really hit a purple patch at the Whitecaps. Is Adekugbe through his injury problems? He would be a decent depth addition if we got him. Still crossing my fingers Levis can get back on track and pick up where he left off. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Still crossing my fingers Levis can get back on track and pick up where he left off. 

Well, apart from being  in the Unity kit picture he's been absent from anything  this season.  He'll probably get his first appearance, along with Norman, starting in the first leg of the Multi-Level Marketing Cup semi-final against Montreal.  And then, maybe a loan to Fresno.  Hopefully, my predictions will be wrong.

Robbo's new default strategy is to go to Davies as his second choice behind De Jong at LB.  And if something were to happen to De Jong over the longer term, than Robbo we'll bring in a Harvey-type MLS vet for cover.

Edited by BearcatSA

42 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Well, apart from being  in the Unity kit picture he's been absent from anything  this season.  He'll probably get his first appearance, along with Norman, starting in the first leg of the Multi-Level Marketing Cup semi-final against Montreal.  And then, maybe a loan to Fresno.  Hopefully, my predictions will be wrong.

Robbo's new default strategy is to go to Davies as his second choice behind De Jong at LB.  And if something were to happen to De Jong over the longer term, than Robbo we'll bring in a Harvey-type MLS vet for cover.

The WC guys havnt gotten more than a cup of coffee in the first 2 games.  I wouldnt hold out too much hope for Levis getting time there.  And it would prob come at the expense of Hayden or Kadem.  

9 hours ago, toontownman said:

You are probably right, that said he was starting to get minutes and everyone at the club including Robbo was high on him. The killer will be if he has lost some of his pace after the injury, which was his major strength. 

Robbo says what people want to hear.  He bigs up Teibert on a regular basis than benches him after his strong start to the year. 

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Robbo says what people want to hear.  He bigs up Teibert on a regular basis than benches him after his strong start to the year. 

Well that's a given! But this wasn't just a written or spoken quote, although I am sure he did a few of those too. I had seen in a few places that Levis was actually well thought of at the club among all coaches. I think he would have continued to get more minutes had he not got injured.

On 2018-03-03 at 4:56 PM, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Question is, will it happen?... Has there been any indication about him getting CDN citizenship and consequently considering playing for the CANMNT????... Anyone????

On 2018-03-22 at 8:08 PM, Keegan said:

Would Piatti not be potentially eligible August 2019?  Has he applied for citizenship?

Was able to ask Nacho the question after the Seattle game. Appears this never crossed his mind. He feels he would be too old by that time (35?)even if it were to happen. Judging by the conversation I don’t think he even considered getting Cdn citizenship and he says he always goes home in the off-season so that in itself would delay the days in country required to be eligible (3yrs out of 5). Oh well. You never know. With Mauro Biello with the CMNT, and if Piatti still plays at his level, in Canada, maybe something could happen but I don’t think it will. 

On 3/26/2018 at 11:11 PM, Bison44 said:

Where would Lovitz go? LB cover behind Dejong, Adekugbe? Midfield behind a whole bunch of guys??  If he wanted to switch sure, come on down, but I dont think he would get alot of calls.  And do any of the american guys on our MLS teams stay year round?  I know its more complicated than just playing for CDN team for 5 years.  

Lovitz has been fantastic this year and was for much of last year. I'de start him over De Jong and Adekugbe right now in a heartbeat. I do think Adekugbe has the most potential though. 

On 4/2/2018 at 7:32 PM, Chad_Impact said:

Lovitz has been fantastic this year and was for much of last year. I'de start him over De Jong and Adekugbe right now in a heartbeat. I do think Adekugbe has the most potential though. 

Agreed. Would be the best defensive LB in the pool without question.

I don’t know if this the right thread but what about CF Oladapo Afolayan. He signed with west ham U23 team and has played 4 games already. He Played really well in National League ( 5th tier ) 46 games 15 goals and he got noticed. He’s 21  ( Jan 1 1997) and I’m pretty sure he would be age eligible for the Olympic team. He’s family moved from England to Canada and he played for the TFC  Academy, then went back to England. 

• 1 month later...