Canadian Nationalization Countdown

deschamp86

To be honest Collen Warner would be a nice addition.  He's only 1 year from being eligible.  Only Osorio and Finlay out of our "player pool" have played more MLS minutes than Warner.  He's really showing something this year and he's going to finish the season with about 150 games in MLS.  He would likely be our best pure defensive midfielder in a 4-1-4-1.

Harvey played for the USA youth teams so isn't eligible. I rate him above Morgan but not MDJ and he's 31 so not adding much anyways. Best thing he can do for Canadian soccer is teach Sam Adekugbe a thing or two but not stand in his way too long.

I've used this line before but Collen Warner is the Kyle Bekker that Kyle Bekker fans think he is. Good on set pieces, a solid passing midfielder and acceptable defensively. I think he'd be a nice addition.

If only KB we was like Warner....if only

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Evan Bush is eligible for us in 4 months for the March qualifiers, joined the impact on march 11, 2011.

Mls starter, definately should be in our top 3 If he's interested... No idea if he has interest though, would obviously have to submit citizenship paperwork which I haven't heard of him doing.

As much as I like Borjan, and great full for his commitment, the man is very unorthodox and makes risky plays and at times blunders. Yes Borjan had an impressive development pedigree in Argentina. Despite this Bush had a very good season and played all the way to Azteca in the CCL final and kept his nerve, playing at a very higher level than Romanian/Bulgarian/Serbian leagues. 

He's decent for MLS but there's no way Bush is a better keeper than Borjan IMO.  I don't think Bush could ever play at the levels Milan has.

The MLS is just as good as the Bulgarian league

As much as I like Borjan, and great full for his commitment, the man is very unorthodox and makes risky plays and at times blunders. Yes Borjan had an impressive development pedigree in Argentina. Despite this Bush had a very good season and played all the way to Azteca in the CCL final and kept his nerve, playing at a very higher level than Romanian/Bulgarian/Serbian leagues. 

One game... by that same token Milan started at Anfield in the Champions League.  He was a starter in the Turkish league, Bush would never be able to start there.  Bush is a dime dozen keeper, serviceable but not on Milan's level.  CCL final is impressive but that is more credit to Montreal for making it that far rather than Bush playing at a high level, any way you slice it he's still a MLS keeper on a team that made a cinderella run.  

The MLS is just as good as the Bulgarian league

No doubt about that but Milan's team is better than most (if not all) MLS teams, it's not a parity league as MLS is.  I can't think of many MLS teams that could draw Liverpool or beat Basel.  And of course Borjan likely makes more than twice as much money as Evan Bush per year.

I'd like Bush in our pool, I just don't think he would be the favourite to start.

Given Stama's age and the level that a lot of guys are playing at, Bush would have a good chance of being number 2 for a decent period of time. Crepeau, Roberts and Carducci are all promising players but they are a few years away. Although I'm of the opinion that Roberts should receive some MLS starts next year. Crepeau also deserves that shot but Montreal is far deeper at GK than Toronto

On 11/9/2015 at 8:54 PM, Bertuzzi44 said:

We did develop a keeper with a tonne of U20 and U23 national team caps. His name is Begovic and he plays for Chelsea.

😕

So yea, the world owes us one... 

Edited by Guest

We did develop a keeper with a tonne of U20 and U23 national team caps. His name is Begovic and he plays for Chelsea.

:/

So yea, the world owes us one... 

Fair point, although if the answer to Begovic bailing for Bosnia is Canada nationalizing Evan Bush, then I think I'll pass. A decent, but not top end MLS keeper is not the answer to our lack of depth in goal. I don't think Bush provides much of a step up over Thomas or Crepeau or Roberts.

We need to aim higher if we're going to nationalize. Or, we hail Tyson Farago as our saviour in net.

Edited by shermanator