Canadian Nationalization Countdown

deschamp86

Would he even say yes? Doubt it. Just another in a long line of delusional Portuguese-Canadians who think they'll get to play alongside Ronaldo.

Won't know til you try. A few years ago Tony Fonseca reached out to him and Vitoria, things have since changed and they might both be willing to join us.

Also interested in this, he was big news and then all of a sudden the story just went cold

On Cannigia Elva, 

I found this article, and someone with a better understanding of German could elaborate on this. Sounds like he can't play for the U19 side until he receives his Canadian citizenship, and is just training until that time. Does it say he can play for the senior squad?

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.vfb-stuttgart-talentschau-mit-hindernissen.a1a870bf-6dd7-4795-aa59-cc1314ba95c3.html

media.media.6fff7d64-a282-4505-8a8c-9709

Edited by tarnado

On Cannigia Elva, 

I found this article, and someone with a better understanding of German could elaborate on this. Sounds like he can't play for the U19 side until he receives his Canadian citizenship, and is just training until that time. Does it say he can play for the senior squad?

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.vfb-stuttgart-talentschau-mit-hindernissen.a1a870bf-6dd7-4795-aa59-cc1314ba95c3.html

Don't speak German but that's how I read the translated version as well. Definitely curious. 

• 1 month later...

In 2012 I was all about Felipe for Canada but something went wrong with that guy.  Was it falling in love?  Or did he get too comfortable?  I'm not sad to see him ineligible for Canada.

Camara on the other hand would be a really, really great pickup for us in 2016.  He fits quite a few holes that the MNT is lacking.

So...who are the next longshots like the Felipes, Camilos and Camaras who we can amuse ourselves by monitoring in a list like this?

Hurtado?  Manneh? Anyone on FCE?

And..if Opare was only slightly short of his min. time in Canada (IIRC), would he be automatically be eligible for us if he played a season in Canada?

Edited by nolando

So...who are the next longshots like the Felipes, Camilos and Camaras who we can amuse ourselves by monitoring in a list like this?

Hurtado?  Manneh? Anyone on FCE?

And..if Opare was only slightly short of his min. time in Canada (IIRC), would he be automatically be eligible for us if he played a season in Canada?

Manneh, now that would be a steal! Not very realistic I guess but that is a diamond in the rough.

• 6 months later...