Canadian Nationalization Countdown

deschamp86

• 4 weeks later...

It's probably already known, but Marc Weber states that the CSA is actively pursuing Camilo, Koffie, Martins and Camara.

The CSA also recognizes the hoops that they would have to jump through re. Koffie.

Unfortunately, I can't link to the article at this point.

Edited by El Hombre

It's probably already known, but Marc Weber states that the CSA is actively pursuing Camilo, Koffie, Martins and Camara.

The CSA also recognizes the hoops that they would have to jump through re. Koffie.

Unfortunately, I can't link to the article at this point.

Who is Martins?

I think Hoilett will use his fourth option, not play for anyone. From his perspective, playing for Canada or Jamaica will not improve his career prospects and if England is a no go, then why play for anyone?

Anyone seen a QPR game this year? Is he in better shape this go around? Last year it seemed like he was more interested in cheeseburgers than football.

Anyone seen a QPR game this year? Is he in better shape this go around? Last year it seemed like he was more interested in cheeseburgers than football.

I was at Loftus Road last weekend as QPR beat Ipswich (great little stadium). He was the best player on the pitch in the first half. He got injured early in the second half and had to come off. Joey Barton took over the game from deep in midfield and QPR won. Hoilett was at bit prone to waiving his arms around wanting the long cross field ball that just wasn't coming. The skill in the Championship wasn't too impressive I have to say. Other than Hoilett, wright phillips, Barton and Richard dunne, the rest of the players were mls level at best.

Hey John TV,

Roberto Stillo Keeper signed with Parma FC in Italy and on loan to Perugia FC is born and raised in Mississauga, Both parents born and raised in Etobicoke, Ontario, with myself having Italian roots. The kid bleeds red and white! Yet we still are looking outside to try and naturalize foreign kids to play for us! He has been in Italy attached to Seria A clubs since he was 15. Last year he made 16 bench appearances in Seria A games as 2nd or 3rd keeper.

Hey John TV,

Roberto Stillo Keeper signed with Parma FC in Italy and on loan to Perugia FC is born and raised in Mississauga, Both parents born and raised in Etobicoke, Ontario, with myself having Italian roots. The kid bleeds red and white! Yet we still are looking outside to try and naturalize foreign kids to play for us! He has been in Italy attached to Seria A clubs since he was 15. Last year he made 16 bench appearances in Seria A games as 2nd or 3rd keeper.

Oh, don't worry, many Vs are excited about Stillo ... I certainly am! He is still very young, especially for a keeper, so our future is bright!

Hey John TV,

Your son is quite probably the future at GK for Canada. But we are talking about 4 players in particular who bring some things the Canadian team has never been able to produce from within; creativity and skill going forward (in the cases of Camilo and Felipe), and pace coupled with skill rather than on it's own (in the case of Koffie). Camara, too, though Canada has produced quality centerbacks over the years, represents a level of athleticism and skill that is not to be found right now in younger Canadian CBs. So it's not just to naturalize any good player, but specifically young players that have what we as a nation either rarely produce or have not produced lately. GK doesn't really apply since there is a good young GK currently on the CMNT, and good Canadian prospects in the pipeline (such as Stillo).

I think Jeb Brovsky and Wes Knight are eligible for residency after this season, not high profile guys but I think Brovsky could be a useful addition if he's interested in two more years... still only 24 so he'll be in his prime and eligible for the next cycle if interested.

I think Jeb Brovsky and Wes Knight are eligible for residency after this season, not high profile guys but I think Brovsky could be a useful addition if he's interested in two more years... still only 24 so he'll be in his prime and eligible for the next cycle if interested.

Wouldn't Wes Knight have to wait because he left Canada for 1.5 years?

Wouldn't Wes Knight have to wait because he left Canada for 1.5 years?

Dunno, thought it was cumulative but you're probably right. I don't think he'd ever be a major player regardless but Brovsky would be a very good addition for the next cycle.

No impetus from the club perspective to get residency because he isn't taking an international slot though.

• 2 months later...

We can add the following names to the list. I like the idea of keeping this list current as we do with the Canadians Abroad list, could service our national team very will.

Wandrille Lefèvre - M - Montreal Impact

Sam Adekugbe - D - Vancouver Whitecaps

Kodi Opare - D - LA Galaxy

--------------

Make far more sense putting the players current age. Hopefully we are all capable of simple addition!