Montreal Impact Squad numbers

Alberto7

Not sure if these are the final squad numbers, but this is taken straight from the Impact's web site:

#sort icon POS Player Name Age HT WT Birthplace

1 GK Donovan Ricketts 34 6' 4" 215 Jamaica

2 D Nelson Rivas 28 5' 11" 180 Colombia

3 D Shavar Thomas 31 6' 1" 195 Jamaica

5 D Tyson Wahl 28 6' 2" 185 USA

6 D/M Hassoun Camara 28 6' 2" 167 France

7 M Felipe Martins 21 5' 9" 150 Brazil

8 M Patrice Bernier 32 5' 9" 170 Canada

11 M Sanna Nyassi 23 5' 8" 145 Gambia

12 F Eduardo Sebrango 38 6' 178 Cuba

13 D Matteo Ferrari 32 6' 1" 170 Algeria

15 D Jeb Brovsky 23 6' 1" 170 USA

17 F Justin Braun 24 6' 3" 195 USA

18 M Collen Warner 23 5' 10" 170 USA

19 D Zarek Valentin 20 5' 11" 156 USA

21 M Justin Mapp 27 6' 1" 160 USA

22 M Davy Arnaud 31 6' 165 USA

24 GK Greg Sutton 34 6' 5" 210 Canada

25 M Lamar Neagle 24 5' 11" 165 USA

26 F Mike Fucito 25 5' 9" 165 USA

27 M Bryan Arguez 23 6' 2" 185 USA

28 M Sinisa Ubiparipovic 28 5' 10" 155 Bosnia-Herzegovina

29 D Calum Mallace 21 6' 2" 175 Scotland

30 GK Evan Bush 25 6' 2" 185 USA

31 D Josh Gardner 29 5' 11" 165 USA

32 F Miguel Montaño 20 5' 11" 165 Colombia

33 F Andrew Wenger 21 6' 185 USA Active

36 F Evan James 21 5' 11" 165 Canada

38 D Gienir García 22 6' 160 Mexico

Sad. Sad and pathetic. They should probably just do away with singing the national anthem at games. Instruct Bernier to mumble the words to himself. What are their plans for Sutton? Ticket wicket guy? Evan James hits the quota. Montreal sucks.

Not sure if these are the final squad numbers, but this is taken straight from the Impact's web site:

#sort icon POS Player Name Age HT WT Birthplace

1 GK Donovan Ricketts 34 6' 4" 215 Jamaica

2 D Nelson Rivas 28 5' 11" 180 Colombia

3 D Shavar Thomas 31 6' 1" 195 Jamaica

5 D Tyson Wahl 28 6' 2" 185 USA

6 D/M Hassoun Camara 28 6' 2" 167 France

7 M Felipe Martins 21 5' 9" 150 Brazil

8 M Patrice Bernier 32 5' 9" 170 Canada

11 M Sanna Nyassi 23 5' 8" 145 Gambia

13 D Matteo Ferrari 32 6' 1" 170 Algeria

15 D Jeb Brovsky 23 6' 1" 170 USA

16 F Eduardo Sebrango 38 6' 178 Cuba

17 F Justin Braun 24 6' 3" 195 USA

18 M Collen Warner 23 5' 10" 170 USA

19 D Zarek Valentin 20 5' 11" 156 USA

21 M Justin Mapp 27 6' 1" 160 USA

22 M Davy Arnaud 31 6' 165 USA

24 GK Greg Sutton 34 6' 5" 210 Canada

25 M Lamar Neagle 24 5' 11" 165 USA

26 F Mike Fucito 25 5' 9" 165 USA

27 M Bryan Arguez 23 6' 2" 185 USA

28 M Sinisa Ubiparipovic 28 5' 10" 155 Bosnia-Herzegovina

29 D Calum Mallace 21 6' 2" 175 Scotland

30 GK Evan Bush 25 6' 2" 185 USA

31 D Josh Gardner 29 5' 11" 165 USA

32 F Miguel Montaño 20 5' 11" 165 Colombia

33 F Andrew Wenger 21 6' 185 USA Active

36 F Evan James 21 5' 11" 165 Canada

38 D Gienir García 22 6' 160 Mexico

Sad. Sad and pathetic. They should probably just do away with singing the national anthem at games. Instruct Bernier to mumble the words to himself. What are their plans for Sutton? Ticket wicket guy? Evan James hits the quota. Montreal sucks.

Harsh. It's year one.

And yet, the Impact have one more Canadian than Vancouver...

This is why everyone needs to cheer for FC Edmonton. They actually give Canadians a shot.

This is why everyone needs to cheer for FC Edmonton. They actually give Canadians a shot.

I say this with all due respect; Edmonton can afford to populate their team with ok Canadian players... they are in the NASL. Montreal regularly started 6 National team members a game when they were atop the lower division. I look forward to the day when there are enough excellent Canadian players for 4-5 of them to start for each Canadian MLS club... those days aren't here yet.

I say this with all due respect; Edmonton can afford to populate their team with ok Canadian players... they are in the NASL. Montreal regularly started 6 National team members a game when they were atop the lower division. I look forward to the day when there are enough excellent Canadian players for 4-5 of them to start for each Canadian MLS club... those days aren't here yet.

Fair enough point! I guess the Academy systems in place for both Vancouver and Montreal will help develop local talent in the coming years.

We should be happy that there is at least a member of the Impact in a prominent role on the back line.

Why set up developing Canadians to be sh!tkicked every night?

Hows that help anyone.

Yawn

Gotta be fair to TFC. At least they have some Canadian kids not only playing but starting and starring. Props to Winter for turning that rotten ship around. The true test will be when it comes to paying them what they are worth and not tossing them aside like they did Nana. I'll pull for the TFC kids this season. Montreal and especially Vancouver can suck it. We should strip Lenarduzzi of his caps and set him adrift off the northern west coast or something.

Gotta be fair to TFC. At least they have some Canadian kids not only playing but starting and starring. Props to Winter for turning that rotten ship around. The true test will be when it comes to paying them what they are worth and not tossing them aside like they did Nana.

Nana was offered a six-figure-per-year deal by TFC, but didn't want to commit to a team in transition (at the time), so they traded him.

That's hardly "tossing" him aside.

Nana was offered a six-figure-per-year deal by TFC, but didn't want to commit to a team in transition (at the time), so they traded him.

That's hardly "tossing" him aside.

6 figure deal??!!!! where on earth did you hear that one? Good god!

Gotta be fair to TFC. At least they have some Canadian kids not only playing but starting and starring. Props to Winter for turning that rotten ship around. The true test will be when it comes to paying them what they are worth and not tossing them aside like they did Nana. I'll pull for the TFC kids this season. Montreal and especially Vancouver can suck it. We should strip Lenarduzzi of his caps and set him adrift off the northern west coast or something.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Canadian kids are starring yet. Morgan and Stinson will have regular starting roles on the club by the end of the year, but they are not quite there yet. Henry might be another year or two away. Lindsay is done, and I can't see Makubuya or Cordon playing a lot of minutes.

Haven't heard much about the pipeline this year. Maybe Vukovic will see some time on the first team?

I wouldn't necessarily say the Canadian kids are starring yet. Morgan and Stinson will have regular starting roles on the club by the end of the year, but they are not quite there yet. Henry might be another year or two away. Lindsay is done, and I can't see Makubuya or Cordon playing a lot of minutes.

Haven't heard much about the pipeline this year. Maybe Vukovic will see some time on the first team?

I've really enjoyed Morgan, Stinson and Henry. Anyone that can stop Brek Shea is a starter in my books. I wouldn't be surprised to see big things from the kids this season. I think all three of them are better than a few of the regulars from last season. They will be earning minutes this year.

I've really enjoyed Morgan, Stinson and Henry. Anyone that can stop Brek Shea is a starter in my books. I wouldn't be surprised to see big things from the kids this season. I think all three of them are better than a few of the regulars from last season. They will be earning minutes this year.

There you go. TFC's academy was established in 2008, and to their credit, they are beginning to produce young Canadian talent for their first team. Hopefully Montreal and Vancouver will be able to the same, but you have to give them time.

Convincing retort. I could never compete with such well-thought-out arguments.

I'm sorry but it gets tired and boring defending my support of Canadian players, playing for Canadian teams on what is supposed to be a Canadian soccer supporters website.

I see Gyorio got offered a deal at KC... Which Canadian team offered him a shot again? Was it first year club, NASL cellar dwellers-Montreal, with next to zero canadian content? Nope... It was a first place american side from Kansas f-ing City. And he wasn't a token trialist, he's getting offered a contract. Whatever happens with him, it was a first place, contending MLS American team giving him a shot, while the worst teams in the MLS, who happen to be Canadian give him the cold shoulder.

So yeah.... Yawn... A big fat old yawn to a tired bunch of sorry and lame excuses as to why Canadian teams who suck don't look at Canadian players.

There you go. TFC's academy was established in 2008, and to their credit, they are beginning to produce young Canadian talent for their first team. Hopefully Montreal and Vancouver will be able to the same, but you have to give them time.

Yeah... I love the academy and I'm as pleased as anyone that it's starting to ripen. But truly now, they could have signed somebody better(and fully Canadian) than Gargoyle or whoever that was or Ekersley or Petersen, or Yourbuttowsky, or the laughable Ty Hardin or whole host of other wandering, bumbling pylons from every corner of the world other than their own backyard. They could have given the Canadian international and MLS MVP with Four MLS Cups a bloody DP contract after he had scored or assisted on practically every goal they had scored for the past two seasons instead of signing a fat, washed up guy from Spain who was five years past his due date for nearly double the money.

I'm cool with the the TFC academy and with playing those kids and more than that, giving them big minutes but TFC has dropped the ball for too many years when it's come to Canadian content and I'm not gonna just forget that just because one facet of the program is finally paying off. I'm gonna give Winter the benefit of the doubt and hold judgement to see if these kids get paid when their time comes.

I'm sorry but it gets tired and boring defending my support of Canadian players, playing for Canadian teams on what is supposed to be a Canadian soccer supporters website.

I see Gyorio got offered a deal at KC... Which Canadian team offered him a shot again? Was it first year club, NASL cellar dwellers-Montreal, with next to zero canadian content? Nope... It was a first place american side from Kansas f-ing City. And he wasn't a token trialist, he's getting offered a contract. Whatever happens with him, it was a first place, contending MLS American team giving him a shot, while the worst teams in the MLS, who happen to be Canadian give him the cold shoulder.

So yeah.... Yawn... A big fat old yawn to a tired bunch of sorry and lame excuses as to why Canadian teams who suck don't look at Canadian players.

Gyorio contract source?

Who would you propose as Canadian Players to bolster the rosters of teams you claim suck, even if they have yet to play a game yet?

See? You elaborated on your answer, brought my attention to a player I hadn't heard of before, and thus made your input on this thread useful. Was that so hard?

Archived