World Cup Qualifying Posters - Please Post Ideas

Admin

Putting together posters for WCQ right now and I would like input from people.

Please contribute mock ups, text paragraphs... suggestions for what should be on the poster and the tone of it.

It's a lot of 'stuff'.

3 WCQ games

1 Centennial game

Who we are

Appeal to finding hardcore fans

What is a supporters section

Prices

Web/Twitter/Facebook info

Thoughts?

Is it outside their realm to do this in conjunction with Umbro Canada? You'd already set up the coinciding march to BMO with them for the WCQs last year, couldn't they help with this too? Isn't it in their best interest to see our section grow?

I think there should be 3 versions of the same poster design..

Image the same on all but the bottom part is different and can be filled in by hand after printing with a nice black marker (by someone with good penmanship)

V1 (get put up at pubs across country that will show the game) has spot to lists day and time of game and invitation to come watch the game with fellow fans..include link to voyageurs site/facebook page

V2 (gets put up by V's at their place of work, or club, or sent to friends/family) has spot lists day and time of game, and encourages them to come with you to the game. directs contact to specific V for details.. ie See johnny in rm 212, or email johnny@whatever.com

V3 generic version. has spot to list upcoming game and just directs people to V's site for more info or to get involved. can be used to send to soccer clubs, soccer stores, random postering etc etc

these can then be used for all 3 matches in WCQ

they may stand alone ......pic of hirschfeld in net (side angle)

but they are not alone...pic of same player front angle with lots of v's behind them

tag line..

Join the defense.. or defenders needed.

same thing with one of the forwardd,but with tagline ..support our forwards

V1 (get put up at pubs across country that will show the game) has spot to lists day and time of game and invitation to come watch the game with fellow fans..include link to voyageurs site/facebook page

This is what I really want. All the graphics and info mentioned but a blank space at the bottom that we can write in viewing party info. Something like:

"Come cheer on Canada with the Voyageurs at Steve's Pub, 123 Yourstreet, Yourtown"

It's tough, because we don't want a tag line that is cheesy, yet if you go with something patriotic, some people don't like that, so is there a middle ground? Maybe we should just steal the CSA's True Patriot Love slogan, or Umbro Canada's United, True North Strong concept. I don't mind the Umbro concept, it's not in your face patriotic like the CSA's, and it has an inspiring ring to it. Plus you might catch a few Eurosnobs using United in the title, they'll think it's something to do with Man U lol.

On a serious note, I like the idea of a stock poster with an area at the bottom to fill in info. Stock image, maybe ask the CSA if they have any good action shots of the Dunfield goal that shows all the supporters in the background, or maybe one of our goals with supporters in the background. It should be a very positive image.

It's tough, because we don't want a tag line that is cheesy, yet if you go with something patriotic, some people don't like that, so is there a middle ground? Maybe we should just steal the CSA's True Patriot Love slogan, or Umbro Canada's United, True North Strong concept. I don't mind the Umbro concept, it's not in your face patriotic like the CSA's, and it has an inspiring ring to it. Plus you might catch a few Eurosnobs using United in the title, they'll think it's something to do with Man U lol.

On a serious note, I like the idea of a stock poster with an area at the bottom to fill in info. Stock image, maybe ask the CSA if they have any good action shots of the Dunfield goal that shows all the supporters in the background, or maybe one of our goals with supporters in the background. It should be a very positive image.

Chris Hazard has a bunch from that game as well as a few other games at BMO. Here's one I actually bought for myself;

http://photohazard.photoshelter.com/image/I0000tx_cf_APMsI

I am feeling astoundingly uninspired.

------------

The Voyageurs are Canada’s National team Supporters Group. Come support Canada in World Cup Qualifying. Join the party in the stands with Canada’s most passionate fans.

With Voyageurs tickets you get access to the supporters section, flags, pre/post game party and group sales incentives.

Sign up with The Voyageurs at www.thevoyageurs.ca or find us on Facebook & Twitter

----------

Poster attempt round 1.

This is intended to print on my printer for now... ie save ink.

A final poster will be more color dense printed.... someplace else.

I'll try to make a mockup of what I have in mind, but I suck at actually making things.

Critique: I think it's too wordy, and someone who's not already a Voyageur who looks at the poster doesn't instantly know what it's about.

From what I can gather, the person looking at the poster should see the following:

i) oh, this poster is about soccer

ii) there are some Canada football matches on ...

iii) there seems to be a fun group that organizes things, I want to be a part of them

iv) cheap tickets for ii

v) oh, they're on fb, twitter, and the web

So, for i, main image should be about a player with a ball. For iii, if we can superimpose that on a background of supporters.

For ii, flags with dates in big letters should suffice

For iii, JOIN US in huge letters, and in smaller letters, a less cheezy version of "pre-game drinks, debauchery and singing our hearts out".

For iv, $10 in big letters, free scarf for 10+ tickets

For v, bottom line, 3 columns, in big letters, twitter logo and address, address for forum, fb logo and address. Above this, white box for local contact, and small voyageurs logo on side.

Mockup

Background is black, and image fades into the black above and below (so, black, fade into color image, fade out into black. White 'local contact' section) or this scrawl done properly into an illustration could look ok as well. Proportions and placement of text messed up.

01ravl.png

Edit: 'Join Us' to where the $15 tickets is, and bring $15 tickets to where 'bring your...' is.

Critique: poster doesn't exactly convey point iii who the Voyageurs are, but, it does do i, ii, iv, and v. It does however give enough hints that Voyageurs are the people behind this poster (ticket price, join us, fb, twit, and web addresses, and logo).

Mockup

Background is black, and image fades into the black above and below (so, black, fade into color image, fade out into black. White 'local contact' section) or this scrawl done properly into an illustration could look ok as well. Proportions and placement of text messed up.

01ravl.png

Edit: 'Join Us' to where the $15 tickets is, and bring $15 tickets to where 'bring your...' is.

Critique: poster doesn't exactly convey point iii who the Voyageurs are, but, it does do i, ii, iv, and v. It does however give enough hints that Voyageurs are the people behind this poster (ticket price, join us, fb, twit, and web addresses, and logo).

That is good actually. I will try something like it today.

I do think that big ass WORLD CUP QUALIFYING is necessary to get peoples attention, Maybe not as big as I have it on that one. World Cup is a bigger draw than the actual teams we are playing. In the past I tried putting two flags in... never could get it to really look right.

Archived