IMFC vs VWFC Live Stream Friendly

youllneverwalkalone

Caps held some decent possession for the first 20 minutes. Struggled a bit thereafter with the same, fragmented attack -save for much more competent passing with Lee and Bonjour. Injuries to Chiumiento and Thorrington were the best thing that could have happened, bringing in Mattocks and Koffie to get on the ball and really change to course of the game.

Not sure why Grizzly thinks Ricketts is such a great keeper. He looked awful to me.

The Whitecaps really did control the game entirely for the first 20 minutes with good passing movement, but they lacked any real penetration. Lee exuded class and showed his experience and composure. The way he uses his body to shield/protect, and send defenders the wrong way is fantastic to watch. Forwards are still lacking some chemistry but I'm sure that will come in time. Bonjour looked composed, but had a relatively quiet night. I'm still unimpressed with Davidson. He had a couple of misplaced passes throughout his time in the game, and I don't think he can be too far ahead of Koffie for a starting place. Hassli wasn't involved as much as I would have liked but he scored so I have to be happy with that. Set pieces definitely still need to be worked on as there were a couple floated into the box that just went straight though the area without and Whitecaps players getting a touch on it. I liked that Tan seemed annoyed that he didn't get to take the penalty.

@ ^...

Thought Bonjour showed his South American Flair with his run into the box to set up the first goal... That's an upgrade! You're right though, time will tell what his defensive pedigree is.

I liked Tan's fight there too, but it's a respect thing too to let the designated kicker take his kicks. The manager knows who really got that goal, but FK's are best hit with out emotion, that's why it's probably best that he didn't.

YP Lee... YES! That dude's the real deal and he's definitely still got it! His composure on the ball is thrilling to watch!

Side note: People's lack of awareness as to just how much cooler live sports are, as compared to TV ones truly astonishes me. It really doesn't matter what the sport, watching a B level game live is 100x more impressive than watching an A level game on TV... sure it's not Real Madrid, but this was by far the best LIVE soccer game that will be played in Orlando this year, and too only get less than 2,000 out to it blows my mind. If I was a footie fan in Orlando I'd have been all over that (probably $15) ticket!

I found that the first half was envenly played (WC mostly dominating the first 20+ minutes and MTL the rest). Second half was almost all Vancouver. Whitecaps seems to have a stronger team, but it's just a pre season game so it doesn't mean much. After all, Sanna Nyassi, Justin Mapp, Justin Braun, Zarek Valentin and Nelson Rivas (5 key starters) were missing for MTL and Impact beat LA Galaxy 3-0 not too long ago.

In any case, not many people here in Montreal expect a good first season for the Impact. For my part, I only hope a better first year than Vancouver.

Yup. We did suck in the second half but as phil said, we were missing a good bunch of starters. The thing is we have to get used to that and our replacements need to be better.

Bernier, Martins and Arnaud played well so our central midfield looks good I think. Glad we have them.

Neagle and Brovsky didn't play well and Ricketts was average at best.

Yup. We did suck in the second half but as phil said, we were missing a good bunch of starters. The thing is we have to get used to that and our replacements need to be better.

Bernier, Martins and Arnaud played well so our central midfield looks good I think. Glad we have them.

Neagle and Brovsky didn't play well and Ricketts was average at best.

Jeb Brovsky played poorly. I think everyone who saw a Whitecaps game last year saw that coming.

I still don't Montreal used their allocation pcik wisely int hat trade for Seattle.

Worrying injury for Chiumiento . . . great game by Bonjour, who appears to be a good MLS-calibre CB, and set up the first goal . . . Thorrington almost lasted through 45 minutes of pre-season action before being injured . . . Lee is going to be a dominant player in MLS, so now the Caps have one of the best pairs of fullbacks in MLS . . . hopefully this result is what we'll see on opening day between these two teams.

Archived