Stephen hart conference call

Canadian_Soccer

Hart mentioned 2 young players that he would have wanted to call in for the upcoming friendly, but couldn't do to injury. Does anyone have any thoughts on who that could be?

Who fits the profile of (a) young, (B) presumably uncapped and © injured at the moment?

Hart mentioned 2 young players that he would have wanted to call in for the upcoming friendly, but couldn't do to injury. Does anyone have any thoughts on who that could be?

Who fits the profile of (a) young, (B) presumably uncapped and © injured at the moment?

Did he say they were uncapped? Aleman could be one

Bet Stinson was one he was talking about.. while he was called, he never got to do because of injury.

Hart also mention the possibility of a closed door pre-WCQ friendly in addition to what is already scheduled.

Gagne said that he was talking about the upcoming friendly, which is strictly european players.

Stinson would be logical....Lindsay maybe the other? .... hmmm....doubtful as he's been injured ages. My guess would be Aleman and it's likely we'd not know if he was injured due to his youth status at Valladolid....talk about a potential DeRo successor.

Is Joseph Di Chiara injured at the moment? I've held out hope that he will pan out and become the highly touted player people were saying he'd be.

It's only been a year Tuscan, give the kid a break! hahah

But he has been playing a lot of minutes in their pre season and getting starts in all their friendly cup games.

Oh for sure I am, I just hope that he is one of the players selected for the Armenia camp. Despite needing our core squad to remain strong on the pitch together, I still want to see young guys like Di Chiara getting run outs with them. I'd be ecstatic if he was one of the players Hart chose for the WCQ roster, simply due to the message that would send about his development. We need our young players to go further than our current players are, for the health of the program.

I dream of each member of our future MNT roster to be playing in a top flight in 2020.

JdC very well might be a call-up ... he WAS injured. No clue if he currently is. He also wasn't capped despite being called last round.

With our limited European players and Di Chiara having a good pre-season I'd say he's a guarantee to be called. Good thing too because with our luck he wouldn't be called and then he'd light up the RPL and be called by Italy U21s.

Archived