Thank you Southsiders!

Admin

I want to thank the Southsiders for doing a fantastic job representing Canada at the Women's Olympic Qualifying and for helping raise over $1000 for street soccer.

Future national team games are looking very bright across the country.

Now we have to work on getting more of those!

JM

I want to thank the Southsiders for doing a fantastic job representing Canada at the Women's Olympic Qualifying and for helping raise over $1000 for street soccer.

Future national team games are looking very bright across the country.

Now we have to work on getting more of those!

JM

I have always thought that a key component for better atmosphere at Canada games was for the supporters of existing pro teams to take the lead. We now have 3 MLS teams, instead of 3 D2 teams, each with a primary supporters club (Southsiders, Red Patch Boys, Ultras de Montreal). The SS basically camped on their usual turf for this tourney, and you are correct, they did a good job of giving the cameras a section to focus on, and earning the praises of the players. I'm sure Montreal fans will do the same when given the opportunity. The RPB have had more time and games, and what they do in the south end in Toronto is fantastic - the only down side being that they get no "camera time" on broadcasts. They are now solid enough that it is time for them to expand into the south section of the east stand for Canada games.

What the CSA needs to do is get "Canada" games into all three cities, every year, so that the supporters of the MLS teams can grow their support for Canada teams as well. Between the Men, Women, and the U-20 and U-17 teams, it HAS to be possible to have at least one Canada game per year in these three locations, even with the current budget. Even if it's the U-17s having a training camp vs local university teams, this has to be possible. The CSA and the Voyageurs have been "gifted" more support in the form of fans for the MLS teams. They need to leverage that support into support for Canada.

The CSA and the Voyageurs have been "gifted" more support in the form of fans for the MLS teams. They need to leverage that support into support for Canada.

That's the plan.

Non sequitor...reading your post though I just had a thought.... I wonder what the operational 'cost per seat' is for every stadium in Canada.

Archived