Top youth clubs in Canada for developing future professionals

Soccerpro

It's nice to have a poster on the board who can provide some insight into the Quebec club scene.

If only every province could get their own FC Metz type partnership. If Quebec can do it, why can't another province? And I don't mean that OSA - Everton b.s.

To be fair, Everton walked in serious and professionally. The OSA was in it for the window dressing.

One club in Ottawa picked up the Everton ball and ran with it.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess no one has mentioned Sigma FC and ANB Futbol from SAAC? Both clubs have a number of alum all over the place...

Not sure if this totally fits on this thread, but Sigma's been working on developing young players for 8 years in Ontario, and their ID camp is the entry point into the Academy for about 80 percent of their players on their 8 teams... Here is the video announcing the 2012 camp, for those interested.

A few weeks ago the ANB U13's finished in 2nd place at the AS Caen Jean Pigeon(sic?) tournament. They lost only one game - the final! They were something like 11-1-2 and scored 20+ goals and only had 3 or 4 against. Apparently a number of French pro clubs have expressed interest in a few players and want to ANB to allow them to follow their progress.

*** for some reason my email has ended up on the ANB subscription list so i get their announcements. ***

• 6 years later...

I agree with many of the comments above. Peel in general but especially Mississauga is really upping the game. New turf facilities are going in and a potential CPL team as well. I think we have the most timbits programs per capita including upstarts like the rapidly growing www.sportstars.ca. Looking forward to see what 2030 looks like in the city.

Archived