Toronto will play at Rogers Center for CCL

Honestly, lesser of Two Evils sort of thing isn't it?

An early March run-about at BMO would be murder on the pitch while a half empty Skydome would be murder on any event. There is no guarantee that TFC will advance through CCL, there is a most certainly a guarantee that TFC will be playing a good deal of footie at BMO Field after the CCL match.

Save the pitch, hope for the best in CCL and take what comes.

If the weather is crap (not an unreasonable expectation) the Skydome decision will be the right one regardless of all other considerations.

• 3 weeks later...

Suprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but TFC released ticket details for the game against the LA Galaxy on Friday. They go on general sale January 13th with prices ranging from $12-69 + the usual ticketmaster service charges. Apparently over 70% of the seats will be $30 or less.

Thanks for posting that. I didn't see that anywhere on the TFC site when I looked earlier today. Anyone know why the dark blue seats on the 200 level are listed as N/A?

Held back for groups, youth clubs, etc.

Thanks for posting that. I didn't see that anywhere on the TFC site when I looked earlier today. Anyone know why the dark blue seats on the 200 level are listed as N/A?

Held back for groups, youth clubs, etc.

Works for me if they can pack those seats. Hoping I can work out the time off from work. Will likely be in the 200 level greens or the 100 yellows if I can get the day.

^ agreed, that is part of why I have been able to get so many people to grab tix to try to fill a 'youth soccer' section, also since LA won't be here in the MLS regular season it is extra helpful.

Near 100 and counting, if you know anyone in youth soccer who would like to get a couple of sections filled with kids please give them my email addy: davesaad@ gmail.com

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/01/10/rowaan_blog/

Wow!!!! I think we are going to pull it through. Tickets sales for the March 7 CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final between TFC and the LA Galaxy @ the Rogers Center is now the hottest ticket in town. Several sections have sold-out within less than 24 hours, even before tickets go on sale to the general public this Friday.

A news reporter at the Toronto Star has just informed me today that 24,000 tickets have been sold as of last night. According to him, he has confirmed that the most expensive seats have sold out, and the middle green sections have also sold out. Not bad!!!! Now the Rogers Centre has a 46,000 seat capacity for soccer. Do you think that this will be a sell-out???

A news reporter at the Toronto Star has just informed me today that 24,000 tickets have been sold as of last night. According to him, he has confirmed that the most expensive seats have sold out, and the middle green sections have also sold out. Not bad!!!! Now the Rogers Centre has a 46,000 seat capacity for soccer. Do you think that this will be a sell-out???

I expect minimum 40,000 attendance.

Archived