CONCACAF group C friendlies

xabuep2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't pass off this result just because it's a Costa Rican B team. The Ticos brought some pretty good players with them, including one of their best (Borges) and some excellent depth players/semi-starters (Urena, Brenes, Miller).

Sure but it's a draw AT HOME with a Cuban A team who's played together vs. a Tico B team with no experience together, not really unexpected.

Still a real indication that despite some terrible Gold Cup results (of course now it is coming out that these results may have been bias by factors other than Cuba's ability on the pitch), Cuba will be a tough team to beat at home like anyone else in CONCACAF really. 3 points would be fantastic, but I still think we may be able to make it through if we only pick up a draw...

It might be a good thing that Cuba is reasonable ... they might steal some points from Honduras/Panama too. The way I see our group is one in which the last place team may have 5 or 6 points, where as the last place team in the other groups might have 1 or 2 points. This might be nice since it will mean that 9 or 10 points would be enough for 2nd in the group.

Sure but it's a draw AT HOME with a Cuban A team who's played together vs. a Tico B team with no experience together, not really unexpected.

The team the Ticos put out there has lots of experience, and they've been playing lots of friendlies this year with alot of B team players involved.

Point is, alot of V's are already penciling in 3 points for us in Cuba which would be a gigantic mistake. We will have to work hard for it.

It might be a good thing that Cuba is reasonable ... they might steal some points from Honduras/Panama too. The way I see our group is one in which the last place team may have 5 or 6 points, where as the last place team in the other groups might have 1 or 2 points. This might be nice since it will mean that 9 or 10 points would be enough for 2nd in the group.

8 pts could very well be enough in this group as it draws a lot of similarities to the Manchester United CL group....

• 3 weeks later...
Man, the Americans play a lot of friendlies to prepare. It'd be great to have the resources to do that.

It's Panama who's playing the USA and Paraguay in the next 2 months.

I'm realy worried about our preperation when I see our biggest rival playing quality games and probably getting also a training camp.

If the CSA and Hart are really serious about 2014 I can't see why we aren't getting a Janaury training camp.

It's Panama who's playing the USA and Paraguay in the next 2 months.

I'm realy worried about our preperation when I see our biggest rival playing quality games and probably getting also a training camp.

If the CSA and Hart are really serious about 2014 I can't see why we aren't getting a Janaury training camp.

Exactly.

It would also seem to make more sense to play teams that mirror a style we will see in qualification, rather than New Zealand. However if Hoilett makes his debut for us in London, I'll have no complaints over that friendly.

re: training camps etc.....we've been saying this for decades now!!! we need them and games. the problem is a lot of these other countries hold these camps with their B squads, yet CSA is poor so why would they spend money to bring together players that have no chance at our first team? The other side of that coin is we got Simpson, and Serioux out of a "B" Canada situation a few years ago.....and some others too I think? Both very worthy "A" CMNT guys.

Yes, I'd like to see more camps and for the "B" guys to get together. Unfortunately, it'd cost the same as bringing out "A" guys because a lot of our "B" guys are in Europe and some in North America....just like the "A" team.

and 4 days later against Paraguay in Asunción ......... 01/29/2012

Sorry, Panama will not play against Paraguay in january, but in february and 3 days before they play Puerto Rico In Panama city¡ interesting match beacuse Canada faced the same team in the first round ¡

02/26/12 Panama - Puerto Rico

02/29/12 Paraguay - Panama

http://es.fifa.com/associations/association=pan/index.html

and the Cubans will play Puerto Rico in Havanna on 02/29/12 !!!

02/29/12 Cuba - Puerto Rico

http://es.fifa.com/associations/association=cub/index.html

hopefully Cubans and Panamians play 0-0 against PR as Canada did in Toronto

Sorry, Panama will not play against Paraguay in january, but in february and 3 days before they play Puerto Rico In Panama city¡ interesting match beacuse Canada faced the same team in the first round ¡

02/26/12 Panama - Puerto Rico

02/29/12 Paraguay - Panama

http://es.fifa.com/associations/association=pan/index.html

and the Cubans will play Puerto Rico in Havanna on 02/29/12 !!!

02/29/12 Cuba - Puerto Rico

http://es.fifa.com/associations/association=cub/index.html

hopefully Cubans and Panamians play 0-0 against PR as Canada did in Toronto

Acording to Fifa site ; the games with Puerto Rico are cancelled:::::::

Anohter friendly match of Cuba.

Cuba will travel to Cochabamba to face Bolivia on feb 29 . the Bolivian Football federation wanted the game to be played in La Paz; but Cuba refused to play there; finally they agreed to have the game in Cochabamba.

http://www.lostiempos.com/diario/actualidad/deportes/20120122/bolivia-jugara-amistoso-con-seleccion-cubana_157654_328938.html

02/29/12 Bolivia - Cuba

Archived