Who do we think our top 11 is?

baulderdash77

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually forgot about Hutch. That was imbecilic.

----------Gerba----------

---------Jackson---------

-Simpson-----------Hume-

---Johnson-Hutchinson---

Kluk--McK--Edgar--Straith

-----------Lars-----------

As for calling Gerba "inconsistent", he's the closest thing we've had to a consistent goalscorer since Tomasz Radzinski stopped being a factor. Yeah, he's out of a club; see if that's stopped him before. He was our most effective forward in his brief opportunities at the Gold Cup before he got hurt and nobody's done enough in WCQ against these crappy minnows to put him out of a job yet.

Borjan or Lars in net. I prefer Borjan but I think it's still a close call.

We must try Hainault at RB, he did well with Houston when I saw him play there.

DeRo, in my book, should a be a sub for one of the wingers.

CB is really up for grab but I think we need Jakovic there with one of Mckenna or Edgar.

LB, Kluka or DeJong.

Midifled, Johnson and DeGuzman aren't athletic enough to play the DM at the same time. If Bernier can regain a bit of form I would go with him and one of Johnson or De Guzman. Hutchinson as the offensive mid.

Simpson as the left winger.

Jackson on the right. Could as well be Ricketts.

I clearly feel like we need to continue to work with OO up front. His current club form is excellent at the moment and he's confident. I thought he did well during WCQ for us when he got the chance to play. The main difference between club and country for OO is that with his club the wingers are really efficent in term of providing decent crosses into the box. With the MNT we have a guys like Jackson and Ricketts who are average (see poor) when it's time to put the ball in the box. That being said, I think he's easily our best bet at striker at the moment and if not scoring he usually does a good job at keeping the possession.

We'll have to forget Gerba until he finds a club. No way you play a guy without a club (for a long time) instead of one of the best B2 player at the moment.

I really want to like OO but I haven't been that impressed with him to call him an automatic starter.. that said if you asked me for an XI for tonight he'd be in it.

But we haven't seen much of him, did we?

He played in St-Lucia (90 min). Apparently had a solid game.

Was a sub against PR in Toronto and I'm not sure how you see his performance but like I said after that game, he rarely lost possession out there until the last few min where he tried to do too much.

Played 10 min against St-Kitts. Tough to judge him base on those 10 min.

Had a solid game against St-Kitt's in Toronto.

I really think Hart mistake was not to call him for the GC. It might have given us a better idea of what he can do against top CONCACAF opposition.

This may not be indicative of anything, but our top 11 in minutes in 2011 consisted (in order of minutes played) of Dwayne De Rosario, Josh Simpson, Simeon Jackson, Will Johnson, Nik Ledgerwood (!), Julian de Guzman, Kevin McKenna, Andre Hainault, Terry Dunfield, Lars Hirschfeld and David Edgar.

(source)

I want to see how REB can do with his new club come January. If he can keep up his goalscoring with Braunschweig, he would most definitely deserve a chance to be put in our starting XI. His speed would be an excellent addition alone.

I'm all for giving REB a chance, but would his speed be an excellent addition? We already have Ricketts and Jackson who are both very quick.

I'm all for giving REB a chance, but would his speed be an excellent addition? We already have Ricketts and Jackson who are both very quick.

I believe his speed would top theirs. He's small, but very quick and agile. Loved his one goal he score vs. Werder Bremen.

Best right now IMO:

----------------Occean----------------

Simpson----Hutchinson----De Rosario/Jackson/Ricketts

--------De Jong-----De Guzman-------

Klukowski--Edgar--Mckenna--Johnson

---------------Borjan-------------------

Something I would like Hart to try in the near future:

----------------Occean-------------

Ricketts------Hutchinson------REB

-----De Jong------De Guzman-----

Klukowski-Edgar-Mckenna-Johnson

And If the two big boys join:

* = possible subs

---------------Hoilett-------------- *(De Rosario)

------Simpson------De Guzman---*(Jackson/Ricketts)

De Jong---Hutchinson---De Guzman

Klukowski-Edgar-Mckenna-Johnson *(Jakovic/Hainault)

----------------Borjan----------------

* = possible subs

---------------Hoilett-------------- *(De Rosario)

------Simpson------De Guzman---*(Jackson/Ricketts)

De Jong---Hutchinson---De Guzman

Klukowski-Edgar-Mckenna-Johnson *(Jakovic/Hainault)

----------------Borjan----------------

WOW, that is actually a very impressive roster. This actually gives up one of the best midfield in CONCACAF (at least top 3). Goodness I hope this happens. With THIS roster I think we could be a main contender to qualify for the World Cup.

Archived