Other teams are going to double team Hoilett, I say we stick him on the right and put Simpson on the left where he won't have his usual double team

I think we should try simpson on the right and ultimately switch them back and forth mid game not allowing the defence to get comfortable. Also how does Hainault look going forward at right back? I know he is strong aerially and defence wise but can he cross, can he dribble? I have'nt seen him play at right back but I know that he has played there for almost 2 years now. Even if he is weaker technically going forward I am inclined to think he is still our best option at right back although I do wish Peeters got his act together.

And if we get these 2 guys in our squad it will do so so much for our program, these 2 can stop the tide of defectors and bring excitement and another level of player to our team. On top of that we are going to need depth for WCQ so if guys like Dero/Simpson have to start on the bench its not like they won't get a chance to play/start some games.

Edited by villus
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I foresee the issue being on the Dutch side, if he has to lose his Dutch passport to play for Canada that is obviously a major thorn. Canada can do whatever it pleases in reality (they have fast tracked atheletes before) but the Dutch will probably be more reluctant, guess its time to pull out the WW2 card at the Canadian embassy :)

the kicker is that both of these guys are young enough to be around for at least two qualifying rounds....their addition might even make a guy like friend more useful.

-------------------Norwich--------------------

Manisaspor------Villarreal----------Blackburn

------PSV Eindhoven------Toronto FC---------

FC Augsburg----Burnley-----FC Koln-----Manisaspor

-----------------Sivasspor----------------------

....and throw the MLS MVP in there as a super sub

--------24---------

28------24------21

-----28----30-----

25----24----31----30

--------24-----

the big question is how will this affect terry dunfield?

Edited by trueviking

I'm hoping since he has been living in Canada every summer that he can get a passport again with not much hassle, he's only going to have to jump through hoops if it the government considers his residency to have been interrupted. If he's back every year for a few months and has mail etc going to his parents place. Anyway bigger brains then mine seem to be investigating.

Really nice way to start the day off either way reading that story, nice to have a positive story on that front for once even if that's all it ever is. If those two come into the fold and hutch is 100% they would rip cuba and panama a new one.

:D:):eek: aaaghhhh dont tease me pleaseeee

Anyway, I dont hate JDG2 like I hate players like begovic... JG2 didnt use the canadian youth teams to showcase himself and then turn his back on us like ass smear did. plus he lived in holland since 12, so i understand indecision.

Simpson should play supporting striker, he is good in the middle

I'm hoping since he has been living in Canada every summer that he can get a passport again with not much hassle, he's only going to have to jump through hoops if it the government considers his residency to have been interrupted. If he's back every year for a few months and has mail etc going to his parents place. Anyway bigger brains then mine seem to be investigating.

Really nice way to start the day off either way reading that story, nice to have a positive story on that front for once even if that's all it ever is. If those two come into the fold and hutch is 100% they would rip cuba and panama a new one.

I think it's down to the Dutch at this point and whether they're going to let him keep his Dutch citizenship

Guest Brethers

What about Straith at RB with Hainault or Mckenna as the other CB with Edgar? I think the 3 of Simpson, JDG2 and Hoilett could be a fluid 3 and interchange with each other during a game, would keep opposition guessing and they are all good enough at the 3 different positions

You know what's awesome? Having depth. Even with JDG2 and Hoilett, with injuries and rotation, everyone will get enough game time. And if DeRo *****es about not starting every game, well, such is life. (and move on)

DeRo won't ***** about time if those two are ahead of him.. I think he'd only be upset if a guy like Ricketts or even Hume displaced him.

Hey whatever dude, it's asking a lot of you to have to pony the dough to make the trip so don't worry about it.

Or you could just cut a maple leaf into your chest and upload the pics here so we know you're truly sorry for how events have gone.*

*once again, only a joke, please don't do this

A friend of mine just posted this article on Facebook and thought a lot of you might be interested. It's about Dutch citizenship and how it's becoming more and more restrictive. It talks a lot about dual-citizenship, renouncing one's other one in order to hold onto your Dutch citizenship and the complications that sometimes arise. It seems that Holland is going against the trend set by most other countries of making dual-citizenship easier to obtain, which doesn't bode well for us. However, as has been mentioned numerous times here, none of us know the specifics of the De Guzman case or what options exist for him.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/pooyan-tamimi-arab-lammert-de-jong/dutch-ltd-dutch-nationality-is-becoming-exclusive

Isn't everyone here ignoring the issue of JDG2's job prospects if he gives up his Dutch passport to regain his Canadian one? Each Spanish team can only have what 3-4 foreigners? What would his status be with the yellow submarine if that happens?

Edited by Soccerpro