MLS RUMORS: Marco Materazzi to Montreal Impact?

PJSweet

http://www.mls-rumors.net/21369/2011/11/incoming-marco-materazzi-to-montreal-impact

Rumors are circulating that Marco Materazzi is probably negotiating a contractual agreement with the Montreal Impact. He's presently in Montreal. I'm hoping that there's no truth to this rumor. I prefer to have Nicolas Anelka than him. Or is it possible that Anelka may have turned down Montreal's offer recently, and therefore Saputo is going instead with Materazzi as a second alternative.

Marco-Materazzi_942792.jpg

All the more reason to hate the Impact...
BTW... I still hate this guy for what he did to Zinedine Zidane during the 2006 World Cup, after Materazzi made extreme sexual/derogatory comments about Zidane's sister. For this reason I don't want this rumor to be true.

This has been circulating the fan site for a while, hands down completely rejected by the fans. I would sell my tickets. This guy is a classless person. Also he's 38 and can't run.

Anyways it's not true.

At least we could get him to chase after all the the tomatoes falling off the pizza truck. ;)

Whilst some fans of Italian heritage might welcome the move... last I checked there's a lot of people in Quebec of French heritage that would probably be more than a little pissed off about it.

That's got off-field distraction written all over it.

Still though, it isn't nearly on par with the VWCs trying to sign Owen **********... a rumor that actually turned out to be true. Sure the guy would have been a fantastic player as far as MLS goes and filled a huge void in the Caps roster... but any Canadian soccer fan with any pride would have torn up their seasons tickets in protest.

BTW... I still hate this guy for what he did to Zinedine Zidane during the 2006 World Cup, after Materazzi made extreme sexual/derogatory comments about Zidane's sister. For this reason I don't want this rumor to be true.

And clearly, judging by his actions, Zidane is a saint? Honestly, what could Materazzi have said that was so objectionable that you would continue to hold a personal grudge against him over five years later?

Archived