Marc De Santos the future coach?

Olgier

5 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Would it be surprising that Herdman fall flat and MDS comes in to rescue CMNT and youth programs.... Let's hope Herd succeeds to implement a plan that can get CMNT going, but MDS is the one to get us to the top which a WC appearance.... if it doesn't happen with the Herd....

Bold prediction. MDS has limited experience with youth systems and has never implemented any development paths.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Bold prediction. MDS has limited experience with youth systems and has never implemented any development paths.

Just a daydream Buzz...

I honestly am hoping that Herdman can really push the program to higher level for all levels of the male teams as he did for the female teams.....

On 13/01/2018 at 5:06 PM, Yohan said:

Wilmer Cabrera, Houston: though he had a year with Chivas USA prior to coaching Rio Grande Valley

Brian Schmeltzer, Seattle

Fernando Clavijo, Colorado (indoor soccer)

Curt Onalfo, LAG: had prior experience managing SKC before being LAG assistant than managing LA2. Then replaced Arena as manager of LAG.

Colin Clarke, FCD

Bob Gansler, SKC

Steve Nicol, NER

Mike Petke, RSL: managed NYRB, then Real Monarchs in USL, then RSL

You can also add guys like Hyndman, Arena, Schmid, Bradley who all have college experience prior to becoming MLS head coach.

None of them are really comparable to dos Santos because most of them were promoted from within and those who weren't like Gansler who coached the US at a World Cup prior to that. I think the only one that could be compared is Nicol and even him had an interim stint with New England before coaching in the A-League. And I think that dos Santos wasn't going to replace Vermes any time soon when he was at Swope Park Rangers. 

• 9 months later...

I think having him at WFC will help Canadian Soccer even more! 

Hope we see more Canucks on the pitch, besides Teibert, Levis and Henry 

Theres other ones that he could recruit through his connections 

Him speaking English, French, Portuguese and Spanish is a plus too 

Every job up to now has prepared him to take this opportunity 

Ive always thought he should have been considered for the MNT but Herdman and Biello are doing well

I’m just happy we actually will have a Canadian as Head Coach on a MLS club

Alan Koch with expansion side FC Cincinnati and Mark Watson Assistant at Minnesota United are the other ones 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

What I like about this hire is if he does well it will hopefully put pressure on Herdman to produce or be out and not be kept for 2 cycles if we are not successful in his first which is always a worry when CSA insiders are hired. 

I get the feeling the CSA are absolutely committed to Herdman, and the results would have to he disastrous for them to consider a change. With the talent we have, he'll probably get the job done, and you'll probably be annoyed when he subsequently promotes his coaching genius :)

Archived