Marc De Santos the future coach?

Olgier

22 minutes ago, matty said:

I didn't realize that you could avoid flaws in your argument by saying someone else is bitching especially after you dug in on a lame point

You said I'm bitching about Tomori when I'm just talking about him and my take on the  situation. You don't need to hardcore on me, just having a covo about it and I'm was glad you reply because I respect you the most, you know your shit. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

You said I'm bitching about Tomori when I'm just talking about him and my take on the  situation. You don't need to hardcore on me, just having a covo about it and I'm was glad you reply because I respect you the most, you know your shit. 

Sorry forgot that cause i used bitching in a really soft way.

25 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

You are right, but still has a experience even if it’s small in Europe and with  Chelsea. 

Very small. He's described the work as internships so I wouldn't exactly consider them a measure of his ability to manage a national team. There are hundreds of Canadian coaches who have had similar internships in the UK and Europe. 

It'll be very interesting to see where he ends up next.

Does an ambitious CPL owner like Bob Young offer him a long contract and stability and sign him to get in a year early and start building the team?

Does he stay in North America with the USL or an MLS assistant job?

9 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Just wondering. Could this be in Ottawa?  De Guzman still has an interim tag. I don't know how the relationship ended there, but if it's possible for him to go back, I think it would be great. I'ma lso wondering, what  pro jobs exist close to his family? 

I think Ottawa is the most likely. I think the only other thing that fits this would be assistant at the Impact.

19 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

Someone on Twitter mentioned they had heard it was with montreal in an assistant role but it wasn't confirmed

I don't see dos Santos as an assistant in Montreal. I could be wrong, but if there is someone, can you link the tweet? I think Hamilton and Ottawa make more sense than Montreal right now.

35 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I don't see dos Santos as an assitanst in Montreal. I could be wrong, but if there is someone, can you link the tweet? I think Hamilton and Ottawa make more sense than Montreal right now.

I agree. It doesn't make sense for a new manager coming in to hire an experienced manager as an assistant that he has zero connection with. Garde will want to bring in his own guys and work with guys who were already with Montreal. 

36 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I don't see dos Santos as an assitanst in Montreal. I could be wrong, but if there is someone, can you link the tweet? I think Hamilton and Ottawa make more sense than Montreal right now.

Hamilton would be the perfect place for him given his history of building expansion sides. Not to mention his relationship with Canadian players. If you get Dos Santos you will get Becker... it is just to bad the timing wasn’t perfect...

18 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Hamilton would be the perfect place for him given his history of building expansion sides. Not to mention his relationship with Canadian players. If you get Dos Santos you will get Becker... it is just to bad the timing wasn’t perfect...

Imagine Dos Santos having a year on everyone to pull in known commodities as well as get out there and scout League1 Ontario, USL and other leagues. They could hit the ground running.

3 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I agree. It doesn't make sense for a new manager coming in to hire an experienced manager as an assistant that he has zero connection with. Garde will want to bring in his own guys and work with guys who were already with Montreal. 

It doesn't make sense unless you are Joey Saputo and Nick de Santis in which case it probably makes perfect sense! :) (I am not implying that this is what will happen, just saying don't expect logical football decisions from the Impact management)

Cant find the Tweet but I thought I read on Twitter this morning that he was hired as Head Coach of St Louis FC.

Found it. Nothing official, STLFC is announcing their new Head Coach today at 6pm. The Author Speculation is it's De Santos. Sorry I suck at links.

41 minutes ago, matty said:

Dang... I don’t know what to think about this as a whitecaps fan... I wish Vancouver would take him. It hurts me to say it, but Dos Santos would be great in Portland.

Archived