Marc De Santos the future coach?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/soccer/201112/05/01-4474736-marc-dos-santos-dirigera-un-club-bresilien.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B4_manchettes_1681898_section_POS1

Marc Dos Santos found himself a job in Brasil. He will coach Primeira Camisa FC.

He will start by coaching the U20 at the Copa Sao Paulo before moving on to the senior club in march for the season in the Paulista Série B. This club was started not long ago by Roque Junior and they want to emulate what Ajax is known for.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Impressive. Although they are in the second tier of their state, not the country, right? I didn't realize the states had different divisions. I thought they palyed a cup style tournament.

They are actually in the 4th tier of their state, there is A1, A2 and A3 ahead of B division, which they are in. I guess he was really looking for a place where he would be free to put into action all the ideas and plans he had on his mind.

• 5 years later...
3 hours ago, matty said:

Yep shame a certain something isn't ready to go. Wonder if Impact would be interested in Dos Santos

That would be a nice reunion, but I wonder how well he would do in MLS.... or will he be given the time to mold the team to his liking plus give more Canadians pt....

Actually would be very cool for him to be Coach Assistant to OZ and he probably can learn even more from him to become a more effective coach... either one would be nice

Edited by Scorpion26
48 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

That would be a nice reunion, but I wonder how well he would do in MLS.... or will he be given the time to mold the team to his liking plus give more Canadians pt....

Actually would be very cool for him to be Coach Assistant to OZ and he probably can learn even more from him to become a more effective coach... either one would be nice

I'm sure he'd do at least OK in MLS (he's done well everywhere else) and it's an important step for him if he ever hopes to coach the MNT.

While I think OZ would be a good mentor, I'd rather see Dos Santos and Biello continue to coach at the club level than join the MNT program. It's better for both them and the reputation of Canadian soccer. Plus if OZ proves a dud it would be nice to have a domestic options with a solid amount of high level experience out there.

We need  good  managers for the U17 and U20 teams ! We need to start  qualifying and winning tournaments. Marc Dos Santos and Mauro Biello would great choices for those teams. 

Everyone talks about what needs to change at the CSA and goes into huge indepth talks money and grass roots and we all talk about duel nationals not  choosing Canada. 

We for me it's starts with a good manager. Just look at what Holger Osieck and John herdman did for Canada. If all four teams U17 , U20 , U23 and Sr. are playing well and winning , Canada's  stigma would be gone. Canada would be in a better position to deal with Duel Nationals. The players and the CSA would  receive more money because we would  be qualifying for major international tournaments.  European Clubs would take Canadian player seriously,  specially young players. A good  chunk of the  problems facing soccer in this country would be fixed. Yes Canada has to start winning for this to happen but the 1st step is get a good  respected professional manager and the CSA can do that easly. Everyone says we need better coaches for the young kids, we need better coaches for our National Teams !!! Losing and failure should not be acceptable. 

33 minutes ago, section114row20 said:

Is there a link for this news?

http://sbisoccer.com/2017/10/nasl-makes-case-in-court-preliminary-injunction-decision-to-come-this-week

Long reported rumors

were also confirmed. The first is that North Carolina FC is jumping to the USL, following in the footsteps of the Ottawa Fury and Tampa Bay Rowdies from last year. To go along with that, San Francisco Deltas, an expansion team in 2018, are confirmed to be folding after only one season of operation.

On 01/11/2017 at 12:16 PM, SpecialK said:

We need  good  managers for the U17 and U20 teams ! We need to start  qualifying and winning tournaments. Marc Dos Santos and Mauro Biello would great choices for those teams. 

Everyone talks about what needs to change at the CSA and goes into huge indepth talks money and grass roots and we all talk about duel nationals not  choosing Canada. 

We for me it's starts with a good manager. Just look at what Holger Osieck and John herdman did for Canada. If all four teams U17 , U20 , U23 and Sr. are playing well and winning , Canada's  stigma would be gone. Canada would be in a better position to deal with Duel Nationals. The players and the CSA would  receive more money because we would  be qualifying for major international tournaments.  European Clubs would take Canadian player seriously,  specially young players. A good  chunk of the  problems facing soccer in this country would be fixed. Yes Canada has to start winning for this to happen but the 1st step is get a good  respected professional manager and the CSA can do that easly. Everyone says we need better coaches for the young kids, we need better coaches for our National Teams !!! Losing and failure should not be acceptable. 

It's likely not the right career move for them and would not do a lot of what you're saying. It doesn't do anything for the dual situation and would not boost Canada in world soccer. The world is Full of great programs that do little on the international stage at the youth levels tournament wise. It's better to invest in youth programs than a costly u17 coach for the national team.

Also we've done way better with dual nations in recent years.

Edited by matty
3 hours ago, matty said:

It's likely not the right career move for them and would not do a lot of what you're saying. It doesn't do anything for the dual situation and would not boost Canada in world soccer. The world is Full of great programs that do little on the international stage at the youth levels tournament wise. It's better to invest in youth programs than a costly u17 coach for the national team.

Also we've done way better with dual nations in recent years.

I understand it might not be, but I hope the CSA goes after them or another high profile manager. Big nations have professional managers. 

If we had professional managers at the helm of our youth teams like most good nations, it's going to help. When Canada beat and tied England a bunch of player got notice and are now being scouted, one even switched to play for England. Question do you think if we had a better/ high profile manager and Tomori knew he could play in the youth World Cup for Canada and do well maybe he would have stayed ? 

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-defender-fikayo-tomori-rashford-helped-convince-me-to-snub-canada-for-england-4185172

if we start beating the Mexico's , the USA and getting into youth World Cups it's going boost the whole program. Just look at all the talk about the young England teams right now. 

It's just my personal belief, the talent is there but the coaching and prep is not. 

If those guys were hired it would send a huge message to CONCACAF, the sponsors, the players and the fans. 

Heiko Vogel and Ciro Ferrara are free agents, they have been for a while now. Just a idea. 

Edited by SpecialK
20 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I understand it might not be, but I hope the CSA goes after them or another high profile manager. Big nations have professional managers. 

If we had professional managers at the helm of our youth teams like most good nations, it's going to help. When Canada beat and tied England a bunch of player got notice and are now being scouted, one even switched to play for England. Question do you think if we had a better/ high profile manager and Tomori knew he could play in the youth World Cup for Canada and do well maybe he would have stayed ? 

No I don't because he's English. If they offered him the chance (as they did) he'd take it no matter what.

Yeah, I'm not sure Tomori helps your argument. You are trying to argue that good coaching brings good results which draws interest from players, in particular dual nationals. But then you bring up the example of when we beat England (or was it a draw, I forget) and it resulted in us losing a dual national.

I am not against hiring good coaches of course. I don't think it's a cure all, but it is important. I just think that's not a good way for you to argue your point.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Yeah, I'm not sure Tomori helps your argument. You are trying to argue that good coaching brings good results which draws interest from players, in particular dual nationals. But then you bring up the example of when we beat England (or was it a draw, I forget) and it resulted in us losing a dual national.

I am not against hiring good coaches of course. I don't think it's a cure all, but it is important. I just think that's not a good way for you to argue your point.

Maybe your right,

but I believe Tomori choice England not because he's English, but because they are better and would help his career. He was with Canada for a bit and wasn't even on English radar until that game. Im sure if Canada was more  competitive  consistently and that stigma was not there, we would have a better chance at keeping players like Tomori, so  instead of losing a bunch of players we lose maybe one, I'll take that.  Canada is not been taking seriously at all. We have  produced really good players and we have become Walmart for big nations. Well if Canada had a  professional manager at all levels, Canada would be better off, image wise and results on the field. Your telling me a young player is not going to be excited and fired up that they are being lead by  professional manager who has coached world class players before, who knows what it takes ? When has Canada ever had that? It's important for Canada to win at all levels. 

Players want to play ,  they want to win, they want to advance their career, it's simple as that. Canada must show that we  are serious about winning and as player if you choose Canada it will help your career and your going to win.  That starts with hiring  professional  managers. 

27 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Maybe your right,

but I believe Tomori choice England not because he's English, but because they are better and would help his career. He was with Canada for a bit and wasn't even on English radar until that game. Im sure if Canada was more  competitive  consistently and that stigma was not there, we would have a better chance at keeping players like Tomori, so  instead of losing a bunch of players we lose maybe one, I'll take that.  Canada is not been taking seriously at all. We have  produced really good players and we have become Walmart for big nations. Well if Canada had a  professional manager at all levels, Canada would be better off, image wise and results on the field. Your telling me a young player is not going to be excited and fired up that they are being lead by  professional manager who has coached world class players before, who knows what it takes ? When has Canada ever had that? It's important for Canada to win at all levels. 

Players want to play ,  they want to win, they want to advance their career, it's simple as that. Canada must show that we  are serious about winning and as player if you choose Canada it will help your career and your going to win.  That starts with hiring  professional  managers. 

Sorry K but I have to disagree with a lot of this.

Firstly, Tomori was a top Chelsea prospect so he was likely on England's radar.

Secondly, I don't see us bleeding talent ATM. Historically yes we have lost some big names but right now it doesn't really seem to be the case unless you're counting guys like Tomori or Gutierrez or Ferreira who grew up out outside of Canada or Cristante types who weren't born here. Sometimes you get an ego like Table but those happen. I don't think Canada is Wal-Mart, in fact I think we've been shopping lately.

At the youth levels it's more about development than winning. I don't think France and Italy have qualified for every U20 World Cup or Olympics in the last decade (I think we made it closer to the 2016 Olympics than either of them and England) yet they continue to produce high level talent.

Having a winner would be awesome but it's not going to solve our issues. We won both the 96 CONCACAF U20 and the 97 Francophone games, yet Owen Hargreaves suited up else where not long after.

Anyways we've just captied one of the top 20 (maybe 40, I can't remember the Guardian list's size) rated U18 players in the world who could have played of elsewhere and have a top Liverpool prospect who seems willing (fingers crossed). Not to mention Cordova who has a lot of potential. I think we're doing alright with young fencesitters ATM.

Edited by matty
42 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Just read the articles about him making the change. 

also

“Having grown up and playing in England, it was a bit easier as well so I think I made the right decision and it was one that I had to make."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-defender-fikayo-tomori-rashford-helped-convince-me-to-snub-canada-for-england-4185172#TuLdvfJP6CF6prbt.99

Edited by matty
1 hour ago, matty said:

Sorry K but I have to disagree with a lot of this.

Firstly, Tomori was a top Chelsea prospect so he was likely on England's radar.

Secondly, I don't see us bleeding talent ATM. Historically yes we have lost some big names but right now it doesn't really seem to be the case unless you're counting guys like Tomori or Gutierrez or Ferreira who grew up out outside of Canada or Cristante types who weren't born here. Sometimes you get an ego like Table but those happen. I don't think Canada is Wal-Mart, in fact I think we've been shopping lately.

At the youth levels it's more about development than winning. I don't think France and Italy have qualified for every U20 World Cup or Olympics in the last decade (I think we made it closer to the 2016 Olympics than either of them and England) yet they continue to produce high level talent.

Having a winner would be awesome but it's not going to solve our issues. We won both the 96 CONCACAF U20 and the 97 Francophone games, yet Owen Hargreaves suited up else where not long after.

Anyways we've just captied one of the top 20 (maybe 40, I can't remember the Guardian list's size) rated U18 players in the world who could have played of elsewhere and have a top Liverpool prospect who seems willing (fingers crossed). Not to mention Cordova who has a lot of potential. I think we're doing alright with young fencesitters ATM.

Matty, I can understand where your coming from and yes Canada has been doing the shopping lately and they should. 

There are a lot of talent young players who playing for other countries , that could be playing for Canada. Zohran Bassong , Ayo Akinola, Andreas Vaikla, Fikayo Tomori, Ahinga Selemani just to name a few. 

France came 4th in 2011 and won it in 2013, Italy came 3rd this year,  Portugal and Spain have qualified for the last 3 u20 World Cups. 

Just to throw this out,  Ferreira was a  product of the TFC  Academy  and left for Europe at 15-16. 

It's been reported OH left because he got cut from the national team. 

Winning won't solve all the problems I agree with you but it sure can fix a good chuck.

matty your so right with Davies and Millar. But Davies didn't play in U17 or U20 team when it mattered, same with Bellou. Now I don't know if Davies could have played because of  citizenship issues, so not his fault, shit timing. 

Matty a  professional manager could help  improve our young teams. 

Edited by SpecialK
6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

There are a lot of talent young players who playing for other countries , that could be playing for Canada. Zohran Bassong , Ayo Akinola, Andreas Vaikla, Fikayo Tomori, Ahinga Selemani just to name a few. 

Firstly, if you want to bitch about Tomori not playing for us then suck up Ayo Akinola.

Secondly (and this goes for Ferreira as well) your teenage years are some of the this important years in your life for development (not just soccer wise). Don't act like a a kid who leaves at 14 isn't going to development a strong emotional link to his adoptive nation. Also note this leak of talent has slowed greatly in recent years.

Third, Andreas Vaikla went for Estonia so I don't see how that's turning us down for a better program, keep your point straight.

Fouth, Ahinga Selemani grew up in Ann Arbour.

France came 4th in 2011 and won it in 2013, Italy came 3rd this year,  Portugal and Spain have qualified for the last 3 u20 World Cups. 

Yes they've done well but they've still missed tournaments. Canada qualified for both U18 tourneys in 2011 and 2013 while both France and Italy missed one each, while Spain and Portugal didn't qualify for either. Mine point isn't that they've missed but they when they do miss they still produce, we don't a lot of the time even when we win.

Just to throw this out,  Ferreira was a  product of the TFC  Academy  and left for Europe at 15-16. 

As said, he left during some of the most important years of his life. You can't dismiss that.

It's been reported OH left because he got cut from the national team. 

Yea, cause he's an ego (they happen). Point is he left when Canadian soccer was winning men's tournaments.

Winning won't solve all the problems I agree with you but it sure can fix a good chuck.

Yes but it's secondary to having a development program in place by far and at the current time it doesn't seem wise to allocate $100k+ towards to coaches instead of improving our youth and coaching set-ups (our youth has improved but still has room to grow and that's something a single coach will not do).

46 minutes ago, matty said:

Firstly, if you want to bitch about Tomori not playing for us then suck up Ayo Akinola.

Secondly (and this goes for Ferreira as well) your teenage years are some of the this important years in your life for development (not just soccer wise). Don't act like a a kid who leaves at 14 isn't going to development a strong emotional link to his adoptive nation. Also note this leak of talent has slowed greatly in recent years.

Third, Andreas Vaikla went for Estonia so I don't see how that's turning us down for a better program, keep your point straight.

Fouth, Ahinga Selemani grew up in Ann Arbour.

Yes they've done well but they've still missed tournaments. Canada qualified for both U18 tourneys in 2011 and 2013 while both France and Italy missed one each, while Spain and Portugal didn't qualify for either. Mine point isn't that they've missed but they when they do miss they still produce, we don't a lot of the time even when we win.

As said, he left during some of the most important years of his life. You can't dismiss that.

Yea, cause he's an ego (they happen). Point is he left when Canadian soccer was winning men's tournaments.

Yes but it's secondary to having a development program in place by far and at the current time it doesn't seem wise to allocate $100k+ towards to coaches instead of improving our youth and coaching set-ups (our youth has improved but still has room to grow and that's something a single coach will not do).

Holy matty , I didn't  realize have a  Conversation is bitching ?