Montreal MLS roster discussion

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Gattuso's English is brilliant as well after his time in Scotland, and I believe his wife is Scottish too, so no doubt he's kept the level up. DiVaio would be a great pickup in my opinion as he has scored pretty much everywhere he has been and one would hope he would continue that trend in the MLS.

Interestingly enough, both Bernardo Corradi and Matteo Ferrari speak english, which certainly helps their integration to a new league.

I like DiVaio as well! As a follower of the Serie A (a bit less the last couple years..) he strikes me as a humble business only type of player unlike a Mutu who certainly has his issues on and off the field (drugs, ego etc..)

DiVaio is a true professional who gets the job done, with out all the bells and whistles. Year in year out, and almost in obscurity he scores goals. He also keeps himself in excellent physical condition, so he should be able to step into MLS and compete, despite his age.

Mutu is an exceptional talent, and there is a reason why he's playing with lowly Cesena. Bigger sides aren't interested in all the baggage he carries. Don't get me wrong, he could be well worth the risk. I'm not so sure he's the ideal man for an expansion side, that is trying to establish themselves on and off the pitch.

Archived