New Banner idea: GROW UP!

gator

I must say that I'm shocked and disgusted with the lot of you who got into a big pissing match over a banner proposal! I know it can be frustrating supporting our National Teams and we all come from different areas and have different opinions on soccer but those personal jabs from ALL of you really crossed the line! Generally the Mods don't have to intervene but that was nothing short of childish and ridiculous! Some of you really need to step back and ask yourselves why am I posting on here! One of the most disappointing aspects of the whole embarrassment is that it involved several posters whose opinion I had great respect for! We're always going to have different opinions about soccer on here, that's why we post I think but personal attacks cross the line! With the lead up to the WCQ matches several new posters have come on board including a few who I introduced who are saying to me, wtf? Let's smarten up and move on guys and girls! Rant over!

I must say that I'm shocked and disgusted with the lot of you who got into a big pissing match over a banner proposal! I know it can be frustrating supporting our National Teams and we all come from different areas and have different opinions on soccer but those personal jabs from ALL of you really crossed the line! Generally the Mods don't have to intervene but that was nothing short of childish and ridiculous! Some of you really need to step back and ask yourselves why am I posting on here! One of the most disappointing aspects of the whole embarrassment is that it involved several posters whose opinion I had great respect for! We're always going to have different opinions about soccer on here, that's why we post I think but personal attacks cross the line! With the lead up to the WCQ matches several new posters have come on board including a few who I introduced who are saying to me, wtf? Let's smarten up and move on guys and girls! Rant over!

The slogan and ideas were superb, but the typical ones peeing outside of the bowl had to jump in. Never will get 100% consensus, so just move forward, and don't expect everyone to be happy. Some people don't like Merry Christmas on their Hallmark cards. If anyone has gone ahead with "Taste the Soup" all power to to them. Hilarious, intelligent, odd, hell of a lot better than that silly video made for the last Nats friendly at BMO. Close this thread already.

Archived