Canadians abroad: September 16-22, 2011

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for September 16-22, 2011.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Mixed day in Britain with Jackson out of the lineup altogether for Norwich (while they are doing a number away to Bolton)

-Haber saw the last few minutes of a St. Johnstone 3-0 away win to Motherwell.

-In the Championship, Edgar played 90 for Burnley, who lost 2-1 away to Peterborough.

-In Lg 1, Hume played 90 and scored Preston's second goal, as PNE won 3-1 away to Brentford

- Ricketts started on the bench, coming into the match in the 54th minute with Poli down 1-0. Match ended 1-1 between Poli and UNIREA ALBA IULIA, in the Romanian second tier.

-No Uccello to be seen in Crotone's 2-1 victory over Empoli in Serie B.

-No Lam in the 18 for Chiba in their 1-0 win away to Okayama in J2.

-Klukowski and Simpson's Manisaspor play later today away to Orduspor.

Simpson and Klukowski have both started for Manisaspor. They are trailing Orduspor 1-0 at the half. There is a good feed of the game at: http://www.livefootballol.com/boxlive-football-live-streaming.html?channel=jnkjknjkn

Edit: Finishes 1-0 for Orduspor. Both of our players played 90. Simpson was active but didn't have the ball as much as I remember from last season. Klukowski was very involved in the play and seemed better than their defenders on the right side. Orduspor was very strong and impressive for a promoted club but they made some very good signings/loans over the summer. I was disappointed in Manisaspor, did not play as well as I had seen them play last year. They had a coaching change this summer so maybe that is a factor.

English Premier League

Blackburn (Hoilett) 4 - 3 Arsenal

After his injury the last weekend which seemed to be a serious one, Hoilett starts in midfield and assists Blacburn's first goal. He played the whole game.

http://www.rojadirecta.es/goto/www.putlocker.com/file/71D1A7C6C90C935A

Some highlights from the Guardian's play-by-play report:

3 min: Hoilett is found on the left wing by Formica, and sets off on a thrilling run outside Sagna, beating him for pace easily. That takes him into the box, at the byline, and his stabbed right-footed cross is claimed by Szczesny. It was a lovely run though.

29 min: It's pouring down now. Hoilett is an interesting player. His defensive negligence hasn't helped Givet at all, but he has shown three or four touches of serious quality going forward.

40 min: Hoilett nutmegs Sagna and then bodyswerves past Song, who just shoves him over. Is Hoilett always this exciting? He looks like a player of rich potential.

57 min: Djourou is booked for a cynical pull on Hoilett, who had beaten him down the left wing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/17/blackburn-arsenal-minute-by-minute

Pretty good assessment of Hoilett's game today. On the ball he was fantastic, seems to be able to beat anybody and has very good close control. He has good vision over short medium distances as well, hes not really the type to hit a hollywood crossfield ball but in the offensive third hes very good. Defensively he was lazy tracking back, don't know what his role is but vs a team like Arsenal I would think they would want him working to track back a bit more. Overall his weaknesses can be easily fixed and his potential is pretty immense imo.

Simpson and Hoilett on the outsides would cause havoc in concacaf and rip holes in defenses.

- Borjan received a second yellow in the 68th min. with his Sivasspor already down to ten men and trailing 3-0 at home to Eskisehirspor and with all three substitutions already made. Yikes. Match ends 4-0.

- Bernier played 90 for Lyngby who lost 2-0 Silkeborg.

- O'Neill played 90 for MyPA who lost 2-0 away to Honka

- Jonke started and scored for Inter Turku in their 1-1 home draw with HJK. Inter are now second in the table.

- Chencinski's VPS lost 4-2 away to KuPS

- Two more goals for Edwini Bonsu as his Oulu lost 5-2 to Viikingit. He's up to 12 goals I think

- Hutchinson-less PSV drew Ajax 2-2

- mini-riot after Veendam's Eerstedivisie derby with Emmen, which Canadian Alex Marello's Veendam won 3-0: http://www.rtvnoord.nl/nieuws/nieuws.asp?pid=103687 (in dutch) Marello was an unused substitute.

- Lars earned a clean sheet in a 1-0 victory over Lillestrom, which moves them up to fourth.

- Pacheco still out injured for Santa Clara, away to Penafiel in the Portuguese second tier

Some highlights from the Guardian's play-by-play report:

3 min: Hoilett is found on the left wing by Formica, and sets off on a thrilling run outside Sagna, beating him for pace easily. That takes him into the box, at the byline, and his stabbed right-footed cross is claimed by Szczesny. It was a lovely run though.

29 min: It's pouring down now. Hoilett is an interesting player. His defensive negligence hasn't helped Givet at all, but he has shown three or four touches of serious quality going forward.

40 min: Hoilett nutmegs Sagna and then bodyswerves past Song, who just shoves him over. Is Hoilett always this exciting? He looks like a player of rich potential.

57 min: Djourou is booked for a cynical pull on Hoilett, who had beaten him down the left wing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/17/blackburn-arsenal-minute-by-minute

After day 5 in EPL's fixture, David Hoilett is the 3rd best passer of the league with 3 assists, only behind Ashley Young and Nasri, each one of them with 4 assists.

Uccello's name doesn't appear in the FC Crotone squad. Is it possible that he's been loaned out yet again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Crotone

I can assure he is and has returned from Casale loan and currently NOT on loan to any team.

Just waiting for his opportunity to get back into the starting line and getting the call, I would think the middle of Oct should be about right.

hopefully i have answered your concern of your url....post

Guest Brethers
Great. Another born-and-raised Canadian kid turned _(insert country name here)_

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/sports/Lavery_playing_for_Canada.html

I found a picture of him in a Canada kit when trying to investigate his story of changing countries to Northern Ireland. He also has twitter apparently which tempts into just tweeting him that picture

I can assure he is and has returned from Casale loan and currently NOT on loan to any team.

Just waiting for his opportunity to get back into the starting line and getting the call, I would think the middle of Oct should be about right.

hopefully i have answered your concern of your url....post

That's good to hear. I follow the teams from Calabria and I would love to see Julian do well at Crotone. All the best to your son.

Archived