De Jong and Klukowski

Keegan

This is a really key question that we need to experiment a bit with in the next year. What do we do with these two? Both are easily in our top 10 players imo and are highly rated by pretty much everyone but both play left back..

Some have suggested moving De Jong to Simpson's spot and then pushing Simpson to striker.. but where does that leave Occean? Others have suggested one of them at right back. I know De Jong has played a bit of midfield before, would that be an option?

Just wondering what the consensus is here as I think if both are fit this is going to be a good problem to have going forward but im wondering how it might affect other positions.

My suggestion is move Josh Simpson up front and use Klukowski and De Jong as the left back and left side midfielder respectively. Occean has yet to prove himself for Canada, whereas these three players all have. So I'm all in favour of tinkering with it a bit during the next four matches and figuring out what combinations work best, but if I had to chose positions for these three players for a qualifier against Honduras this is where I would play them.

My suggestion is move Josh Simpson up front and use Klukowski and De Jong as the left back and left side midfielder respectively. Occean has yet to prove himself for Canada, whereas these three players all have. So I'm all in favour of tinkering with it a bit during the next four matches and figuring out what combinations work best, but if I had to chose positions for these three players for a qualifier against Honduras this is where I would play them.

I was just thinking that would be a great lineup for Honduras away. Having Simpson up front would give us a complete forward who could contribute to all phases (especially using his speed on the break). A left side of the field featuring De Jong and Klukowski would cause some problems to any right attack in this region.

Simpson would feature best as an AM or deep lying striker...whatever you prefer to call it. The Number Ten.

Have him support a lead striker...this player could be any of Hume, De Ro, Occean, Ricketts.....I'd like to see Ricketts and Occean given that spot in the next two matches. Hume wide right potentially....Jackson could play in front of Simpson too.

Kluka LB and de Jong LM/W are your best options.

Simpson would feature best as an AM or deep lying striker...whatever you prefer to call it. The Number Ten.

Have him support a lead striker...this player could be any of Hume, De Ro, Occean, Ricketts.....I'd like to see Ricketts and Occean given that spot in the next two matches. Hume wide right potentially....Jackson could play in front of Simpson too.

Kluka LB and de Jong LM/W are your best options.

Simpson likes diagonal runs cutting in from left to right so I think he'll be a nice option as a LAM along with another supporting RAM as you said above.

Essentially we'll see a 4-3-2-1 formation.

I'd like to see De Jong tried out as a LDM:

----Simpson------Occean------De Rosario------

-------------------Hutchinson----------------------

---------De Jong -----de Guzman------------------

Klukowski ----- McKenna -- Jakovic ----------- Edgar

---------------------Borjan------------------------

or LM as some are suggesting:

-----------------------Occean-------------------------

-----------------------Simpson------------------------

De Jong-------de Guzman--- Hutchinson-------De Rosario

Klukowski ------- McKenna ---- Jakovic ----------- Edgar

-------------------------Borjan-------------------------