Sept. 2, 2011: Canada v. St. Lucia (R)

loyola

edgar is a million times better as a centre back but compared to JBB he is a million times better at right back....

even if it is not his best position, how we can have a guy who has played 2 dozen games in the prem at right back sitting on the bench behind a guy also playing out of his position but is a bencher in the BL3.

Perhaps because he is technically sound and playing 3rd div in Germany because his parents aren't English?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edgar is a million times better as a centre back but compared to JBB he is a million times better at right back....

even if it is not his best position, how we can have a guy who has played 2 dozen games in the prem at right back sitting on the bench behind a guy also playing out of his position but is a bencher in the BL3.

I'm a huge Edgar fan however the only position I see him playing is CB, whenever I've seen him play as a fullback he really looks out of place.

Couple of quick notes, late in the day: JDG was not bad at all. I think he is inching his way back to quality, and as our midfield and forwards build chemistry he'll show his mettle. (I hope). I know our opponent was fatigued by this point, but DeRo on the left flank in the last twenty minutes was pretty effective. We had numerous chances, almost all from his crosses from the left, including one goal. I like him on the left because he is creative, but contained. He does not have Josh's pace, but I sort of like Josh playing in front of Dero.

I liked how the forwards started coming back to support the ball, to get open, in the second half. Instead of going for a long run up the field, they came back to face the ball, lay it off and then create space etc. Everyone was doing this. Our third goal was a direct result of Hume coming back, laying it off, and then Hutch springing Josh for the goal. I expect to see more such movement and cohesion in Puerto Rico. We NEED it.

JBB was fine in many respects, but not with his passing. Peters is not an upgrade in that respect. I'd rather stick Hainault on the right and get Jazic or Kluka to play with McKenna in the middle. If Jakovic was healthy, I'd consider sticking him on the right because he's got more pace and skill than Hainault. Actually, I'd rather see a backline that looks like this for our next game:

Hainault Edgar McKenna Kluka

Yes, Jakovic at right back would be the answer imo.

I'm a huge Edgar fan however the only position I see him playing is CB, whenever I've seen him play as a fullback he really looks out of place.

oh yeah, i agree completely...im just saying that having a guy who has played numerous time in that position in what is arguably the best league on earth has to be better than a guy who doesnt play that position in the third tier in germany.

edgar at RB is not as good as at CB but it has to be better than JBB at right back and edgar on the bench.

Archived