Sept. 2, 2011: Canada v. St. Lucia (R)

loyola

I don't know what to say, how can we qualify if we have the finishing quality of a U13 girls team?

Such a sloppy, sloppy game.

Here's hoping that we learn to bury our chances at halftime.

As a side note, why is there constantly such a big gap between the midfield and strikers? Too much boot and chase IMO.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are way out of sorts. It is not common for us to play a team that will sit back so much and allow us to control possession. We are finding it hard to break down their numbers are at the back because they keep so many people behind the ball. Unfortunately, this is not what our previous matches prep us for; we looked better in our last friendlies against Greece and the Ukraine. It's easier to dance when your partner knows how. Y'know?

We are unlucky not to be up, but we cannot depend on luck. If we are going to persist spraying balls in from the wings then let's bring in some height. Haber and Ricketts are on the bench. At this point I hope hart settles the boys down and sends them out for a professional second half. Get me three points - I don't care how - and we will go from there.

Look this St. Lucia team is no better than a top mens amateur senior side here in Canada. St Lucia with a population of 170 000 people is no bigger than Winsdor Ontario, and St. Lucia have only 3000 registered players, we have soccer clubs in the Toronto area with over 10000 registered players, so how good can this St. Lucia team be. I even wonder if they would win the league if they played in one of Toronto's top mens amateur leagues, probably not, yet our national team is struggling against them, unbelievable.

If I were Steven Hart right now, my half-time message would be simple: "Do you want to be remembered for the next four years as the team who couldn't manage to beat a "nation" with less population than a typical downtown city block?" This is desperation time guys. I'm not kidding. If we don't score in the next 20 minutes we aren't making it out of this round. It's time to dive, cheat, look for phantom penalty calls. Whatever it takes. Leave your life blood on the pitch.

I wonder if St. Lucia realizes that time wasting is only a useful tactic if you are winning the game.

I've counted at least 6 stretchers so far tonight. Their physio is busier than Lars tonight. Not that I'm arguing, she is easy on the eyes. That being said, I think the ref needs to start booking St. Lucia for the deliberate going to ground.

Archived