International Transfer Deadline Day Rumours/News

nolando

mls.com had a lot to say about our Canadian boys:

NEWS - 12:43 pm ET: Josh Simpson. Again with the Canadians. The 28-year-old Simpson, currently with Turkish club Manisaspor, is being chased by Hertha Berlin, Enitracht Frankfurt, and Kaiserslautern, according to his agent. This was confirmed with sources in Germany. Simpson played for Kaiserslautern from 2006 to 2009, and it is understood that die roten Teufel (the Red Devils) have the upperhand for his signature right now. (GREG SELTZER/Amsterdam)

REJECTED - 12:24 pm ET: Kevin McKenna. One more Canadian update here. Bundesliga side FC Cologne have turned down an offer from APOEL, the Cypriot minnows who have reached the UEFA Champions League group stage, for McKenna. (GREG SELTZER/Amsterdam)

SIGNED - 12:16 pm ET: Rob Friend. The Canadian striker, who has been with Hertha Berlin since 2010, has joined 2.Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt on a season-long loan, MLSsoccer.com has learned.

"We have completed a loan deal to Frankfurt for the season," Friend's agent, Dr. Andreas Kirsch, told MLSsoccer.com. "If they go up, he gets a two-year contract. He could have gone back to 'Gladbach, but this Frankfurt deal was very good."

In all, five clubs were chasing the 30-year-old Friend, including Augsburg, Kaiserslautern, Duisburg, and Borussia Monchengladbach, where he spent four seasons from 2007-10. (GREG SELTZER/Amsterdam)

SIGNED - 11:56 am ET: Issey Nakajima-Farran. This was actually done yesterday, but the Canadian midfielder has gone Down Under, completing a move from Danish club AC Horsens to the Brisbane Roar in the A-League. (STAFF)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/08/31/transfer-deadline-day-live-updates

wouldn't mind seeing josh in BL1...in the right situation.

glad koln rejected the offer for mckenna.

interesting that friend would go for a BL2 side if BL1 sides were interested...hopefully that means he has gone to a team that will give him a chance to play.

Frankfurt is actually a pretty big club. The B1 / B2 distinction is of course a factor but sometimes you have to look at the club itself. Frankfurt is a much better option than Augsburg or Duisburg in that regard. FCK would be similar. And I imagine Rob has some bad blood with 'Gladbach. Frankfurt was a good choice.

NEWS - 12:43 pm ET: Josh Simpson. Again with the Canadians. The 28-year-old Simpson, currently with Turkish club Manisaspor, is being chased by Hertha Berlin, Enitracht Frankfurt, and Kaiserslautern, according to his agent. This was confirmed with sources in Germany. Simpson played for Kaiserslautern from 2006 to 2009

I have to say, I like the Turkish Simpson more than the old Kaiserlautern Simpson & actually hope a move back doesn't happen. And, from a MNT perspective, I like that he is playing with Klukowski. Makes our left side stronger with these 2 guys playing together on a regular basis.

Frankfurt is actually a pretty big club. The B1 / B2 distinction is of course a factor but sometimes you have to look at the club itself. Frankfurt is a much better option than Augsburg or Duisburg in that regard. FCK would be similar. And I imagine Rob has some bad blood with 'Gladbach. Frankfurt was a good choice.

reminiscent of his berlin move....

Archived