Promoting Upcoming MNT WCQ Games

BuzzAndSting

There's been a couple good suggestions regarding promoting the upcoming MNT WCQ games and I figured I'd start a thread in case anyone else has some ideas. Everyone should take the initiative to do what you can. On a related note can anyone with some knowledge of graphic design modify the poster that was made for the Ecuador game to promote the coming games? It would great for everybody to be able to print and post it.

post-2677-139465253497_thumb.jpg

I have hundreds.

I will give you some or mail you some if you like.

The poster is shockingly horrible.

I didn't make one cause these were coming... and coming... and coming... and then they sent me something that were I the printer, I would have refused to print until they came back with something better.

Everyone that sees the poster, the first thing they say is "What the ****"

I was going to give them out with the Maro packages, but they are too awful.

I have hundreds.

I didn't make one cause these were coming... and coming... and coming... and then they sent me something that were I the printer, I would have refused to print until they came back with something better.

Don't worry about it. I emailed the CSA and being in Ottawa I could pick them up.

I'm going to try to manipulate the existing Ecuador poster for the upcoming games. Maybe have something standard that every time a game roles around I could change the text and print/email it.

I know you're a busy guy and you've taken on alot so I'm just trying to figure what I can do to help.

This isn't much, if anything but whoever listens to Y108 in Hamilton I will be calling in their morning request show to dedicate a song for all Voyageurs across Canada and tell the DJ it is a dedication for tonight's qualifier match for the World Cup. Hopefully I make it through and hopefully they give me the time of day to dedicate a song to soccer fans.... they may just brush me off and not air it at all.

Any song suggestions? It has to be something with a real Canadian feel to it.... Wheat Kings, Highway of Heroes, Fireworks etc. Suggestions?

This isn't much, if anything but whoever listens to Y108 in Hamilton I will be calling in their morning request show to dedicate a song for all Voyageurs across Canada and tell the DJ it is a dedication for tonight's qualifier match for the World Cup. Hopefully I make it through and hopefully they give me the time of day to dedicate a song to soccer fans.... they may just brush me off and not air it at all.

Any song suggestions? It has to be something with a real Canadian feel to it.... Wheat Kings, Highway of Heroes, Fireworks etc. Suggestions?

Heart of Gold by Neil Young.

I have hundreds.

Man the CSA just emailed me them... I don't understand? Why do they have two players head blurred out taking up have of the poster? The one you did for the Ecuador game is way better.

The CSA has bunch of post cards that we can hand out, although I'd prefer to make a set of my own as they aren't the greatest either. Regardless, at least it's a way to get something into people's hands that they will throw on a desk or counter, and hopefully look at in a few weeks when thinking "hey when were those games supposed to be again?" Unfortunately, it only lists the home dates and not the away dates, so they aren't as practical for the away match to Puerto Rico, say, as they are for the home fixture in October. My plan is to just print off a bunch of labels with the away fixture info on them and stick them on the back over the graphics along with info regarding the viewing parties at the Pleasureway.

It's been great to read the #CanMNT hype on Twitter for their upcoming WCQ matches. Even though the hype is coming from people who would probably be attending or following the games anyway, it's still good exposure since tweets about the games and dates can get people interested who aren't die-hard fans. From tweeting about Friday's game and that your BMO ticket gets you into the CNE, I know some people who are now going to go who weren't going before. Hopefully they have a great time and buy tickets to the other 2 home games and tickets to future rounds. Any links to posters about the MNT would be easy to include in a tweet to help get the word out.

I know it's a lofty goal especially since they are midweek games but it would be nice to have a sell out this round

I would expect very small crowds for these games. I don't think they even considered trying to sell seats in the upper level. When I checked Ticketmaster two weeks ago, after they had already been on sale for some time, every price level I tried was giving me seats in the first few rows, often Row 1.

I still think they might be better off changing the start time of the next two games at BMO Field scheduled for Tuesday nights in October and November to early afternoon, and getting as many schools as they can in the GTA to make it a field trip day.

Archived