Which side of the field is better at BMO?

paul-collins

Since I'm bringing my kids, father and wife to the St Lucia game, I won't be hanging in the south end. For Peru last year I took the kids to 121 (well, 221 actually, but they reassigned us and plunked us in the middle of a whole lotta Peruvian fans). We can get tickets for either side this year as the pricing is a little better, so I'm looking for some input on where to watch the game.

Specifically, if we are 10 rows or less up, would we be better off in 122 or in 107/108? What if, for 122, we are even closer? I don't want to have anything like the bench enclosures impeding the view.

This is as much about ameneties as it is about seeing over the benches, and I don't know what the east side is like as I've never been. I know for hockey games I prefer to be across from the benches, but the pregame stuff in soccer always faces the benches (and the players come out from that side as well). Should I spend the extra to get red seats instead of grey?

Hard to say.

In the afternoon sun, the west is much better, as your not staring at the sun, and not being roasted to death. But for an evening game ... not a big deal, though you'll have the sun setting over the northwest corner, if you are in the east stands.

Both are probably fine ... now that you can get meat pies on both sides. West is more substantial as the lower seats are concrete, and the east is metal.

Surely, price is the big difference. 122 and 124 are $50 and 107/108 is $30 according to CSA: http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4929 Which would make 107/108 the best!

That price drop is why I even asked the question - I noticed it on Sunday, that 107/108 had gone to dark grey.

Still, my wife is not a sports hardcore and so when she goes she prefers to be as close to the field as possible (true for Blue Jays games also). (The exception is Jr hockey, she likes to be in the crowd for that)

Anyway, given that this is her first visit to BMO and my dad's first visit (the kids were with me for Peru last year), I chose 122. We got 3rd row right beside 123. I think being close to the benches in this instance is a plus, since you can see over them easily.

PS found this great website for 3d views, called www.seats3d.com.

Archived