Sadi Jalali signed by 1. FC Kaiserslautern

ditty

Edmonton has been carefully working on developing Hanson into the best player so they can get the longest and highest return on him.

I know that there were some pretty high offers on his contract very early in 2013 (like Feb), and FCE sent him over to Germany to have a bit of an informal try with a second division side awhile ago. My guess would be that the club is looking to sell him (while retaining developmental rights) in the next few years, especially as he turns 18. I would be shocked to see him go for free, so someone's going to have to pay for him.

I Hope this is the case. Honestly if his agent is smart, he will push for FCE to make a trade once he's 18. IMO a transfer to Europe is way more preferable to simply signing as a free agent. Why? Cause if a team puts money down for him, he now becomes an investment, with an established market value, and they will want to see a return on that investment, so he will be given more opportunities than if he's just another prospect that signed a with no established market value.

Signing as a free agent may sound appealing cause it gives him the perception of choice, in terms of where he'll end up, but counterintuitively, it could really stunt his development.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But were's he being loaned to?

Not sure, was just pointing out that the loan was until he got his CDN passport and not that it would result in him getting it.

I guess he'll go to a country with relaxed foreign player rules? I think Belgium is one...also Netherlands doesn't restrict foreigners under 21.

• 1 year later...

Wow talk about a thread bump that got me excited and fell through once I opened it up.

Until Jalali is released by Edmonton, there's no point in talking about where he will end up. Right now, he's rotting away in Canadian soccer purgatory. Which is a shame because he showed some promise last year, after showing very little promise in 2013-2014.

Also, the conversation on Boakai in this thread, crazy how the perspective on him has turned since 2014.

Dunno, worst case scenario is he winds up at one of the USL teams. Kid is still just 20 years old eh, younger than most of his soon-to-be peers. Why not take a chance and head for Europe, there's lot's of leagues who'd give him a look at least. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

Dunno, worst case scenario is he winds up at one of the USL teams. Kid is still just 20 years old eh, younger than most of his soon-to-be peers. Why not take a chance and head for Europe, there's lot's of leagues who'd give him a look at least. 

USL was my first thought as a destination for him.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that Sadi Jalali's profile has been removed from FC Edmonton's roster page. Ben Fisk has been given his #9 shirt as well. Not a peep from the club on this, but given that Jalali was in Cancun at the start of the fall season you would think his release would be made official.

So uh, looks like Sadi Jalali has been arrested. Bye bye professional soccer career:

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/brothers-facing-drug-and-weapons-charges-after-alert-investigation-1.3015368

The younger brother was arrested during a traffic stop in the area of Ellerslie Road and 70 Street SW. Inside the vehicle, investigators found sixteen individual bags of cocaine, and $5,285 cash proceeds of crime.

In addition, an Infiniti sedan was seized. Sadi was charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking.

1 minute ago, BCM1555362349 said:

Well, I hope this causes some of us to reflect before we criticise clubs for treating players poorly. 

I'm only in here to see who's going to accuse Colin Miller of planting drugs on Sadi because he hates Canada so much.

Archived