Sadi Jalali signed by 1. FC Kaiserslautern

ditty

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so back to the topic has the been anything official stating he joined the club?

Actually, as far as I know, nothing official has been reported. As of yesterday anyway. I'm crossing my fingers, this would be a great move for Jalali

How exactly is the boy going to sign when he is under 18 years of age

and Canadian? This is clearly not possible unless his parents are moving to

Germany. I would assume the same to apply for Aleman in his search for a

club.

Other than these two, the only other i have heard about training overseas

since the world cup is Chris Nanco (in Germany)

actually no international transfers under the age of 18 are permissable- whether its for first team or youth teams. There are a few exceptions but only the one about family moving might apply. FIFA now approves all such registrations to ensure compliance.

My understanding is that if the player is 16 or over, he can certainly sign a youth contract and move to another country on his own (undoubtedly with his parents permission). Unless FIFA has made a very recent change in this regard. I know for a fact that German clubs have lots of 16 and 17 year olds in their youth system from other countries without their parents living with them.

actually no international transfers under the age of 18 are permissable- whether its for first team or youth teams. There are a few exceptions but only the one about family moving might apply. FIFA now approves all such registrations to ensure compliance.

It's not a transfer. The kid is unattached. Regardless, there are countless examples which prove your position to be incorrect, actually.

old news about luca gasparotto

Gasparotto on Trials in UK.

July 8, 2011-07-25

Following his recent performances for Canada at the U17 World Cup in Mexico, Luca Gasparotto has been invited for trials in the UK by two clubs.

Luca will spend one week with Watford FC in London and later travel north to Scotland for a week’s trial at Glasgow Rangers FC.

Good luck Luca!

I cannot include link because its a word document that must be downloaded anyways said he has had 2 trials. if signed by rangers this guy should knock some sense into fraser

There was published news story about a year ago about a kid from Quebec (Sylla was his last name) who was in an academy in France and was impressing. But the story stated that he could dress for the games but couldnt play because he was minor and FIFA rules didnt allow him to play if he was minor. The story added that he could play only once he turned eighteen.

Not 100 percent sure but I believe the rules states that the kid can join the academy but cant play professionaly because he cant sign a contract to play professionally. Or, he cant play in certain matches until he turns eighteen.

Edit.; i remember now. The main theme of the story was regarding a bi lateral agreement that Quebec had signed with France (ie.: the QSF and Metz or the FFF). The consequences were that it would circumvent this problem. I think that minors ONLY from certain countries can play professionally depending on the country of the club. The problem with Sylla, as i recall, is that he could not get an EU passport whereas the others (Cnds who joined youth setups overseas) had some sort parental lineage that allowed them to get EU papers.

There was published news story about a year ago about a kid from Quebec (Sylla was his last name) who was in an academy in France and was impressing. But the story stated that he could dress for the games but couldnt play because he was minor and FIFA rules didnt allow him to play if he was minor. The story added that he could play only once he turned eighteen.

Not 100 percent sure but I believe the rules states that the kid can join the academy but cant play professionaly. Or, he cant play in certain matches until he turns eighteen.

Edit.; i remember now. The main theme of the story was regarding a bi lateral agreement that Quebec had signed with France (ie.: the QSSF and he FFF). The consequences were that it would resolve this problem. I think that minors ONLY from certain countries can play professionally depending on the country of the club.

That story is 3 years old, and Abde moved to Metz way before the new FIFA rules came into place. Right now there are 3 or 4 Canadians training at Metz and AFAIK none of them have officially signed with the club because they are underaged and are not French citizens. Sam Piette is one of those kids, yes, the CSA keeps listing him as being with Metz, but he is not officially with them. He cannot play in official youth competition without being signed to a contract - amatuer or otherwise.

Without digging up a bunch of stats from Europe, I know that Brian Sylvestre played for the Whitecaps Residency at 17. This was March, 2010. Janeil Hoilett also moved to Europe before his 18th birthday. He was immediately playing U19.

Here's the rule (which does not list the date it became effective, but it would appear that the document is date Dec, 2007):

International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over

the age of 18.

2. The following three exceptions to this rule apply:

a) The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is

located for reasons not linked to football;

B) The transfer takes place within the territory of the European

Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player

is aged between 16 and 18. In this case, the new club must fulfill

the following minimum obligations:

i) It shall provide the player with an adequate football education

and/or training in line with the highest national standards.

ii) It shall guarantee the player an academic and/or school and/or

vocational education and/or training, in addition to his football

education and/or training, which will allow the player to pursue

a career other than football should he cease playing professional

football.

iii) It shall make all necessary arrangements to ensure that

the player is looked after in the best possible way (optimum

living standards with a host family or in club accommodation,

appointment of a mentor at the club, etc.).

iv) It shall, on registration of such a player, provide the

relevant association with proof that it is complying with the

aforementioned obligations;

c) The player lives no further than 50km from a national border

and the club with which the player wishes to be registered in the

neighbouring association is also within 50km of that border. The

maximum distance between the player’s domicile and the club’s

headquarters shall be 100km. In such cases, the player must

continue to live at home and the two associations concerned must

give their explicit consent.

3. The conditions of this article shall also apply to any player who has

never previously been registered with a club and is not a national of

the country in which he wishes to be registered for the first time.

4. Each association shall ensure the respect of this provision by its clubs.

5. The Players’ Status Committee shall be competent to decide on

any dispute arising in relation to these matters and shall impose

appropriate sanctions in the event of violations of this provision.

If you look at article 2(B), read in conjunction with article 3, you can see that a 16 year-old can be registered in Europe as long as the minimum conditions for his well being are met.

The BBC announcers at the U17 WC said that Piette was with Metz several times. I would guess any missing information on him relates the fact that youth team web sites, and certainly states pages, are not updated with much regularity.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/06/30/78/statusinhalt_en_122007.pdf

Article 2b is in regards to EU players, ie. an EU player can leave his country at 16 years of age and play in another EU country.

Regarding Piette, he as well as Sam Leblanc and two others from PQ have been training with Metz since last Sept. according to Metz supporters. None of the boys are officially signed. Leblanc had been on 2 previous trials with Metz since he was 15.

Jalili is registered to the CSA. German FA would have to request transfer from CSA. So its an international transfer. 2b) is quite simple: it applies to a player for example registered with French FA and wants to be transfered to Germany. EU to EU transfer only.

My last post on the topic. The facts are that we have several Canadian players competing in European U19 leagues prior to their 18th birthday. The CSA is not a club. Clearly these rules allow UEFA countries to continue to raid unattached U18 players from around the world as long as they "take care" of the player.

Christopher Maidana - Racing Club (Argentina Primera) (1) Youth - Argentine passport

Emmanuel Garcia - Boca Juniors (Argentina Primera) (1) Youth - Not sure

Jorge Maradona Jr. - Rosario Central (Argentina Primera B Nacional) (2) Youth - Argentine passport

Marco Rodrigues - Platense (Argentina Primera B Metropolitana) (3) Youth - Waited until 18th bday to sign

Jonathan Lao - Rot-Weiss Erfurt (German 3.Liga) (3) U19 - Waited until 18th bday to sign

Paco Deckers - SC Heerenveen (Dutch Eredivisie) (1) Youth - Dutch passport

Ricky Gomes - Vitoria Setubal (Portuguese Liga de Sagres) (1) U19 - Portuguese passport

Andy Correa - El Tanque Sisley (Uruguayan Primera Division) (1) Youth - Not sure

Jonathan Osorio - Club Nacional (Uruguayan Primera Division) (1) Youth - Waited until 18th bday to sign

Lucas Cavallini - Club Nacional (Uruguayan Primera Division) (1) Youth - Waited until 18th bday to sign

Tristan Grant - Club Nacional (Uruguayan Primera Division) (1) Youth - Waited until 18th bday to sign

Josh Portillo - Club Nacional (Uruguayan Primera Division) (1) Youth - Waited until 18th bday to sign

One of Jalali's Alberta teammates is reporting on Twitter that he's signed with German Bundesliga 1 team Kaiserslautern.

Maybe you could provide us with the tweet. because i believe he may be training with 1 FCK but not signed a contract, others like chris nanco are doing it.

Maybe you could provide us with the tweet. because i believe he may be training with 1 FCK but not signed a contract, others like chris nanco are doing it.

Ha ha, maybe the title I gave the thread was a bit presumptuous. In any case, here's the tweet. I'm leaving the kid's name out of it.

"Good friend Sadi Jalali got a contract with FC Kaiserslautern a bundesliga team. Everyone's gettin contracts now"

• 2 months later...
Seems like he will be going to Germany along with another Canadian/Cuban kid both are FC Edmonton property. The other kid has represented cuba although he is till young hopefully he elects to play for canada instead.

http://the11.ca/2011/11/03/jalali-froese-gonzalez-speak-about-their-unique-fc-edmonton-deals/

Fairly sure if hes living in Canada he won't be representing Cuba.

Well Cuban athletics strongly relies on a completely domestic based model. Most national teams train and play together for large amounts of time, their model is different from most countries. I don't know if any Cuban national teams in any sport use foreign based players, if he was to go back to Cuba then obviously thats different. So I would think that the Cuban teams would prefer to use someone more close to home, I could be wrong though as I'm not an expert on the area.

Well Cuban athletics strongly relies on a completely domestic based model. Most national teams train and play together for large amounts of time, their model is different from most countries. I don't know if any Cuban national teams in any sport use foreign based players, if he was to go back to Cuba then obviously thats different. So I would think that the Cuban teams would prefer to use someone more close to home, I could be wrong though as I'm not an expert on the area.

You're right here. If you take a look at Cuba's Gold Cup squad, only 2 were from leagues outside the Cuban First Division. Yoel Colome, who plays for Barcelona B and Andres Valdes who also plays in Spain (and is only 16 years of age). They tend to keep it within the country when it comes to selecting squads

Archived