Possible Montreal Impact jersey MLS

PJSweet

Caps DEFO need to bring back the hoop if they want to make all these bull****e "since 1974" claims....I won't buy a Caps MLS jersey until they bring that back. Until then I'll go ahead and buy a TOFFS remake of the original kit.

Colorado changed when they had that relationship with Arsenal I believe?

Montreal should defo go with thick black/blue stripes if that's what is on their crest. Otherwise what was the point in adding the black?

Caps DEFO need to bring back the hoop if they want to make all these bull****e "since 1974" claims....I won't buy a Caps MLS jersey until they bring that back. Until then I'll go ahead and buy a TOFFS remake of the original kit.

Colorado changed when they had that relationship with Arsenal I believe?

Montreal should defo go with thick black/blue stripes if that's what is on their crest. Otherwise what was the point in adding the black?

If you order a Whitecaps from TOFFS, make sure you get them to do the number on the back properly. I did a WHYMARK, and they put the 9 on straight, rather than angled, even though I sent a photo illustrating how to place it. Not impressed.

My team Shinnik Yaroslavl uses the same colour scheme as does Walhof Mannheim in Germany. Stoke City uses this colour scheme on their away jerseys as does Manchester United but they have it in hoops. I am sure there are a lot more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Away jerseys don't count. I might count some - the ones that a team has worn as their "away" for a LONG time maybe, like the green/black stripes of Borussia Moenchengladbach; but not Stoke City's flavour of the month away uniform.

I've never seen the other two teams play, despite following European soccer for 20 years. I'm sure we could find a few blue and black stripe jerseys in Europe if we went through some league websites, but the point is still the same: there are a lot of plain red, or blue, or white jerseys, and things like blue/black stripes are rare, and usually unique within the "big" clubs in any given national league. I'm not a fan of doing something stupid to be different (the original MLS jerseys in 1996 were an example of everything NOT to do): instead I'd like to see a few more MLS teams look to carve out a unique look within their league by using traditional stripes, hoops, etc. Dallas and Chicago have done so, I'd like to see Montreal, Vancouver, and a few more teams do so too.

Archived