Possible Montreal Impact jersey MLS

PJSweet

Can someone here please design a possible Montreal Impact MLS ADIDAS shirt, which includes the new logo. I really don't know how to do it. Please include the Canadian flag and MLS badge on the arms.

post-121308-139465253482_thumb.jpg

post-121308-139465253484_thumb.jpg

I got reason to believe that home jersey may look like this.

Not all crests that have stripes go on kits with stripes. Though I'd like them to go with black/blue stripes as no east coast MLS team has stripes.

That's true but I don't think they would release a logo ahead of time that had stripes if they weren't trying to tease us in some way. In any regard, here's two that I made using an Adidas template:

zFgNd.pngXcdo2.png

Yeah no kidding. I was hoping either Vancouver or Portland would go with verticals, but it didn't really fit either side's scheme or history. That second jersey adrenaline posted, with the black and blue switched, would be killer. Vertical stripes would definitely be a welcomed addition to the MLS jersey line up.

You guys realise that there will most definitely be a Quebec flag in addition to the Canadian flag. Saputo has done everything to make the team appeal to the Québécois market.

Fair enough, but isn't that the point of the crest which is stamped with blue and the fleur de lys? Slapping the jersey with a Quebec flag in addition to the Canadian one is a bit overkill, IMHO. Then again I guess we should never doubt Quebecois pride.

I guess the vertical stripes are alright. But, I hope that Saputo goes with something really unique for away and change strips (3rd)! Hopefully he will enhance the pink kits. I heard he is a fan of Palermo in Serie A. Montreal is a city of fashion so we need our team to reflect the creativity of Montrealers.

Yeah no kidding. I was hoping either Vancouver or Portland would go with verticals, but it didn't really fit either side's scheme or history. That second jersey adrenaline posted, with the black and blue switched, would be killer. Vertical stripes would definitely be a welcomed addition to the MLS jersey line up.

Portland have gone with contrasting sleeves, and I hope they keep that to the end of time. Every league should have one team that does that. Variety is the spice of life. Vancouver should make the single navy hoop (front and back) their "thing", since there are already a bazillion teams that wear an all-white jersey.

MLS has lost an opportunity by generally using crappy uniforms. Stripes sets soccer apart from other North American sports, and it's baffling that they aren't used by more teams. Chivas USA are the only ones, and they manage to screw them up. FC Dallas wear hoops, and good on them for being different. Chicago need to stop farting around, and put their stripe all the way around their jersey. A solid jersey with silly squiggles on it (a la Seattle Sounders) doesn't do anything for me. When your jersey has sponsor advertising on it, you need to do something special (stripes, hoops, sleeves, etc) to make sure your jersey stands out from the rest of your league. How many red, white, or blue jerseys does any league really need? What are the best soccer jerseys in the US? They're both in the NASL, not MLS: the yellow and red hoops of Fort Lauderdale, and the green with yellow hooped sleeves of Tampa Bay.

Iconic jerseys stand out. Arsenal's white sleeves are great, and set them apart from the large number of English clubs that wear plain red. Ajax's single red stripe is world famous. AC Milan, Inter Milan, and Juventus, with their stripes, define Italian soccer. Spain is defined by the all white of Madrid versus the broad stripes of Barcelona. The green and white hoops of Celtic and Sporting Clube are fantastic. Every league has it's blue, or white, or red jerseys; but the colour is provided by those who do something different.

Basketball, hockey, baseball, lacrosse, football - they all consist largely of teams wearing a solid colour uniform set off by one or two trim colours. Soccer and rugby buck this trend, and have, on the whole, more interesting uniforms. Montreal should create a statement by going back to the black and blue stripes they wore in the late 90s.

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]390[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391[/ATTACH] should have gone with something to fit these

The one on the left is definitely a no as it's too close to Inter but the one on the right is great and would definitely be unique in MLS

The one on the left is definitely a no as it's too close to Inter but the one on the right is great and would definitely be unique in MLS

"too close to inter" as opposed to all the other mentioned concepts for IMFC, which is near identical to the pattern that is synonymous to inter.

Also, the idea is grounded out of our city flag, which is similar to Milan's. These coincidences just happen, but, we wont see a jersey like that anyways.

Dommage.

• 2 weeks later...
Iconic jerseys stand out. Arsenal's white sleeves are great, and set them apart from the large number of English clubs that wear plain red. Ajax's single red stripe is world famous. AC Milan, Inter Milan, and Juventus, with their stripes, define Italian soccer. Spain is defined by the all white of Madrid versus the broad stripes of Barcelona. The green and white hoops of Celtic and Sporting Clube are fantastic. Every league has it's blue, or white, or red jerseys; but the colour is provided by those who do something different.

Jerseys are iconic because of the teams they represent. Inter Milan scheme is used by a tonne of teams, but you mentioned Inter Milan. No one remembers crappy teams with great uniforms. Moreover, the jerseys in themselves do not create an iconic status.

Jerseys are iconic because of the teams they represent. Inter Milan scheme is used by a tonne of teams, but you mentioned Inter Milan. No one remembers crappy teams with great uniforms. Moreover, the jerseys in themselves do not create an iconic status.

Nope. Neither Manchester United, nor Liverpool, have iconic jerseys, despite having great clubs. Solid red is generic. And yes, jerseys that are unique, or almost unique, are part of the mystique of clubs like Ajax, Barcelona, Arsenal, Celtic, etc.

Inter Milan's scheme isn't used by a "tonne" of teams. There's Atalanta, and Club Brugge, and, er, um, that's pretty much it. Hardly a "tonne of teams". In contrast there are dozens of major teams that wear either solid red, blue, or white. Blue: Chelsea, Schalke, Napoli, Cruzeiro, Rangers, Zenit St Peterburg, etc. Red: Manchester United, Liverpool, Bayern, Benfica, Hamburg, Wisla Krakow, etc. White: Madrid, Marseille, Tottenham, Lyon, Corinthians, Valencia, Santos, Dinamo Zagreb, Hajduk Split, etc. They're all fairly boring.

"No one remembers crappy teams with great uniforms."

Well, maybe you don't. You're not "everybody". And this isn't about who "remembers" teams, it's about jerseys, and what looks good and unique, and what doesn't. Nobody in Europe is going to "remember" Montreal - yet we're discussing their uniforms.

Nope. Neither Manchester United, nor Liverpool, have iconic jerseys, despite having great clubs. Solid red is generic. And yes, jerseys that are unique, or almost unique, are part of the mystique of clubs like Ajax, Barcelona, Arsenal, Celtic, etc.

Inter Milan's scheme isn't used by a "tonne" of teams. There's Atalanta, and Club Brugge, and, er, um, that's pretty much it. Hardly a "tonne of teams". In contrast there are dozens of major teams that wear either solid red, blue, or white. Blue: Chelsea, Schalke, Napoli, Cruzeiro, Rangers, Zenit St Peterburg, etc. Red: Manchester United, Liverpool, Bayern, Benfica, Hamburg, Wisla Krakow, etc. White: Madrid, Marseille, Tottenham, Lyon, Corinthians, Valencia, Santos, Dinamo Zagreb, Hajduk Split, etc. They're all fairly boring.

"No one remembers crappy teams with great uniforms."

Well, maybe you don't. You're not "everybody". And this isn't about who "remembers" teams, it's about jerseys, and what looks good and unique, and what doesn't. Nobody in Europe is going to "remember" Montreal - yet we're discussing their uniforms.

I think there is something to be said about the jersey in relation to the whole kit. Yes Man U has a boring all red jersey, but the iconic thing is when it's together with the white shorts and black socks. That's the Man U look and it's distinctive. However, there are countless of boring all monochrome kits out there. I'd like to see more alternating colours between shirts and shorts.

When the Caps played Portland recently, the Caps wore blue shorts with the white jerseys. I thought that was a good look and that should be used more often. But others may think that's too Spurs...

I think there is something to be said about the jersey in relation to the whole kit. Yes Man U has a boring all red jersey, but the iconic thing is when it's together with the white shorts and black socks. That's the Man U look and it's distinctive. However, there are countless of boring all monochrome kits out there. I'd like to see more alternating colours between shirts and shorts.

When the Caps played Portland recently, the Caps wore blue shorts with the white jerseys. I thought that was a good look and that should be used more often. But others may think that's too Spurs...

"Yes Man U has a boring all red jersey, but the iconic thing is when it's together with the white shorts and black socks. That's the Man U look and it's distinctive."

Totally agreed. It's a unique look, and looks fantastic.

The Whitecaps don't need the blue shorts (I didn't like that much): what they need is to commit to the blue hoop, all the way around the jersey, and make it their own. Cheers.

Inter Milan's scheme isn't used by a "tonne" of teams. There's Atalanta, and Club Brugge, and, er, um, that's pretty much it. Hardly a "tonne of teams".

My team Shinnik Yaroslavl uses the same colour scheme as does Walhof Mannheim in Germany. Stoke City uses this colour scheme on their away jerseys as does Manchester United but they have it in hoops. I am sure there are a lot more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

My team Shinnik Yaroslavl uses the same colour scheme as does Walhof Mannheim in Germany. Stoke City uses this colour scheme on their away jerseys as does Manchester United but they have it in hoops. I am sure there are a lot more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I beleive Sunderland wore something like it as a third jersey last year.

In any case, I'd like any classic black/blue combination.

A solid half & half, Blackburn style would be cool, or Inter stripes, or a big central stripe à la Ajax/Philadelphia. Or even hoops.

Archived