Impact's MLS logo??

McGuire

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The obvious answer to your post is: you obvoiously didn't understand a single thing about what I wrote. My post was actually all about criticizing what Marc wrote. For that matter, I said look at the video and you'll agree the logo is SYMBOLIC because it EXPLAINS what the elements on it means while Marc clearly wrote the logo isn't symbolic.

I never replied to your appreciation of the logo post so why the hell you feel the need to feel attacked by my reply to Marc's post (there are 4 "I" in your 1st paragraph !!!) goes beyond me. I think he's a grown enough man to defend his POV and reply by himself you know. You really sound like a guy who enjoys to create arguing sessions even when not called upon. Easiest path is to distort what someone said then wait: it's called trolling. Either that or you have a serious problem with your reading comprehension.

So, in other words, you can't make a coherent argument, and just make personal attacks, ad hominems, etc. I think I already noticed that, but thanks for making it crystal clear.

If we changed the word historic to evocative... (comparative more evocative, superlative most evocative)

That which evokes (brings to mind) a memory, mood or image; redolent or reminiscent of...

Would we all be a bit closer to agree on that aspect of the crest.... And then we could all be friends again!

Futhermore WC does not adequatley abreviate the Whitecaps. It descibes where the Whitecaps (and the Impacts) form has been heading down has been this season.

Okay friendship over ....Sorry about that boys.

Futhermore WC does not adequatley abreviate the Whitecaps. It descibes where the Whitecaps (and the Impacts) form has been heading down has been this season.

Okay friendship over ....Sorry about that boys.

Yes, I thought about that aspect of "WC" as well - another reason why it's not an acronym anyone would want to use.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd swing by to share my opinion. The idea is nice, but the logo itself is terrible. It looks like a copy of the Sporting logo, i.e. one of the good old ones that have drawn their inspiration from this:

MLS-Eastern-Conference.jpg

If I were an Impact fan, I'd be very disappointed with the plastic, company-like look.

• 5 years later...
On 8/6/2011 at 7:26 PM, mtlfan said:

Saputo was on Rad Can to speak about the logo. He went on to say the four stars where to represent the English, Scots, Irish but couldn't remember what the the fourth one represents. It is the French. The idea was taken from Montreal's flag. Looks like he's a big fan of Inter Milan.

I realise it's early, but should we expect changes to the Impact logo, given there have been changes to the Montreal flag?  Seems simple enough, I guess it's whether or not Saputo agrees with what they've done.

Well, they said it was for the city flag (I believe), and now the city flag has been changed.

So basically, the club can change their badge and support the city flag changes, or leave their badge as is and have it be a shot against the Indigenous people in Montreal.

Archived