Jump to content

The Importance of Jr. Hoilett


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His goal at 0:27  

It's interesting when I read speculation on our best 11, of course it is just opinion but many times JH is left out, watching a goal like this against a high level of competition reminds me how good h

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-leeds-united-result-18452597.amp Didn’t see it but apparently Junior scored a major goal for Cardiff in

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not in the 18 this morning.  Anyone know what is going on? 

The new manager has been playing with wingbacks and not wingers, which doesn't suit Hoilett in my opinion, so that may have something to do with it.

 

27 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

KJ said the new DP wont be a surprise. I am thinking it will be Hoilet which would be a letdown. 

Agreed. Hoilett as a DP a couple of seasons ago would have been fine. Now he would have to be a TAM player in my opinion, but more concerning is that I fear he won't be an Armas type of player. Given his his age and evolution as a player, I don't see Toronto as a best fit under what I expect from Armas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Not in the 18 this morning.  Anyone know what is going on? 

On 2/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, Alex said:

The new manager plays a 5-3-2 and there’s no room for wingers according to this 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/one-winner-and-one-loser-from-cardiff-citys-2-0-win-over-bristol-city/

Got to the bottom of this one - sidelined with a calf injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I expect we will see Hoilett play in the upcoming WCQ. In the past 13 games since Mick McCarthy took over as manager, Hoilett has: started 1 game (the first one where he was taken off after 50 minutes), missed 4 because of injury, and played 0 minutes off the bench.

He clearly doesn't fit into McCarthy's preferred formation, so I don't think Cardiff will miss him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unluckiest-players-cardiff-city-fierce-20099171

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sloth8 said:

I expect we will see Hoilett play in the upcoming WCQ. In the past 13 games since Mick McCarthy took over as manager, Hoilett has: started 1 game (the first one where he was taken off after 50 minutes), missed 4 because of injury, and played 0 minutes off the bench.

He clearly doesn't fit into McCarthy's preferred formation, so I don't think Cardiff will miss him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unluckiest-players-cardiff-city-fierce-20099171

Thanks for those stats. His contract ends in June. I have a feeling he might be headed to MLS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

JH needs to move on obviously, I thought he played ok for us, you could tell his match fitness was lacking, maybe a move to MLS will be in the cards because I think he still has some playing days ahead of him! BTW Cardiff pulled another massive collapse and this is their last season of parachute instalments, Lg One beckons!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gator said:

JH needs to move on obviously, I thought he played ok for us, you could tell his match fitness was lacking, maybe a move to MLS will be in the cards because I think he still has some playing days ahead of him! BTW Cardiff pulled another massive collapse and this is their last season of parachute instalments, Lg One beckons!

He wouldn't be a DP in MLS. The reduced paycheque might be a tough pill to swallow!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

He wouldn't be a DP in MLS. The reduced paycheque might be a tough pill to swallow!

Agree! I always got the impression he would like to come back to NA just because of the time he has spent here in the off season apparently, his days as a potential DP have gone as you say but he has made a boatload of money over the years! I am not sure many Championship teams would be interested in signing him though and as I say clubs like Cardiff who don't have the parachute money anymore are going to struggle under FFP!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always imagined he'd come to TFC and play under Vanney, who was crying for a winger at the tail end of his tenure, but I am not sure Hoilett fits the mold of what Armas wants, unless you want to bring him in off the bench to finish off games, which I am not convinced will be of interest to Junior at this stage of his career.

A move to another Championship team is most likely. Outside of that, perhaps one of Celtic or Rangers could use his services. That would give him a chance at European football as well, something he hasn't experienced. Or if he wants to try something entirely different, maybe he goes to the Turkish Super Lig. It looks like Besiktas will have a hole to fill at left wing, and aging veterans with top flight experience is their jam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With their draw today Cardiff City are now firmly in the grey zone.

Cardiff have 3 matches left but nothing to play for. They cannot be promoted and they cannot be relegated.

Despite not fitting into the new coach's system, hopefully Jr Hoilett gets some playing time now that there is nothing on the line.

----

I expect he will either sign a short contract at Middlesbrough in the summer ( and play under coach Warnock once again) or he will return to North America.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Despite not fitting into the new coach's system, hopefully Jr Hoilett gets some playing time now that there is nothing on the line.

....

3 hours ago, jordan said:

Hoilett is not in the Cardiff squad

Well so much for getting any playing time! I wonder if he's still in England or if he's in North America?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 11:33 AM, Ruffian said:

He wouldn't be a DP in MLS. The reduced paycheque might be a tough pill to swallow!

Yeah but if he were to come to MLS, he would at least have not only a chance at playing time but I think a chance to at least resurrect or in other words reinvent himself career wise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to see how Herdman approaches Junior. A better option for the shop window could be to have him be with the Gold Cup suad than WCQ.

 

Regardless he's barely played in 2021 so I am interested in his role in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Interesting to see how Herdman approaches Junior. A better option for the shop window could be to have him be with the Gold Cup suad than WCQ.

 

Regardless he's barely played in 2021 so I am interested in his role in the summer.

Herdman uses him well; he doesn't tend to play him for the 90 minutes. I'm guessing he starts vs Aruba and but doesn't vs Suriname.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Herdman uses him well; he doesn't tend to play him for the 90 minutes. I'm guessing he starts vs Aruba and but doesn't vs Suriname.

I like him as a Quaresma off the bench if we are chasing the game.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...